Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:23:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227933 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash - Spinner Interview
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash - Spinner Interview  (Read 29841 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2007, 10:11:07 PM »

Smoking Guns, I never got to see Bucket with Gnr Angry but I saw him a few times solo....on the front row, completely fucking floored. I've seen Eddie Van Halen, Page, Slash, Townsend, Keith, Clapton, and slews of other great guitarists.....never seen anybody have complete control over their instrument like Bucket. ?ok

Madagas, he was so awesome.? Not a bad note all night.? And he could shred on acoustic too!? But so beautiful.? Big acoustic solo before patience.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 10:15:30 PM by Smoking Guns » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2007, 11:24:23 PM »

If i was kicked out of my ex bands show for no reason I'd be pretty pissed as well.

If I quit my job and then showed up at the Christmas Party five year later...do you think that they would let me in. Wink

Thats different though , because? Christmas Party is a Employee only event , but I do understand where you are coming from bro. A concert is open to public, if Slash paid for a ticket and did nothing wrong why kick him out? A GNR concert isn't something where ONLY people that are in the band can come to , its like if I quit my job and showed up at the same location one day to check out how the store was without me. If im not making a fool outta myself I should be allowed in.

Did Slash pay for a ticket?? I thought he tried to get in on the guest list?? If he had a ticket, you can't turn him away as a venue.? You'd be opening yourself up for a nice lawsuit if you did.

Ali

He can be turned away by the venue.? The venue is PRIVATE property and they can decide who enters and who can't.? It is just like a department store, they can decide who enters and who can't.? They just allow everyone in because they want to make money and be recognized.? The only thing is, they can't discriminate; that is where a lawsuit would come from.

Slash is one of my favorite guitarists but it would've been funny to see Slash's reaction to Bucket's playing.? Either a laugh or a shock expresion comes to mind.

Not if he has a ticket.  When you go into a department store, you don't have a ticket that you paid for giving you entry.

They would have to have just cause to turn him away and they'd have to refund the ticket.  The question of just cause is where a lawsuit could come into play.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2007, 01:07:49 AM »

Sorry, you are right....? Axl's management didn't want him in because they were unsure of his intentions and didn't want him being a distraction at the show.? My point was that he tried to go.? And wanted to go.? Why would Axl's management be scared of Slash?

dude, it was the first time Axl unveiled the new lineup to the world.? Slash had no place there, it would have definitely been a huge distraction from what Axl was trying to do.

I guess if AXL Was GUNS N ROSES it shouldnt matter if the old band sit front row.  Slash would've drawn as much attention as Axl.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2007, 01:14:15 AM »

Sorry, you are right....  Axl's management didn't want him in because they were unsure of his intentions and didn't want him being a distraction at the show.  My point was that he tried to go.  And wanted to go.  Why would Axl's management be scared of Slash?

dude, it was the first time Axl unveiled the new lineup to the world.  Slash had no place there, it would have definitely been a huge distraction from what Axl was trying to do.

I guess if AXL Was GUNS N ROSES it shouldnt matter if the old band sit front row.  Slash would've drawn as much attention as Axl.

I'm not one of those Axl was Guns N Roses people.     I do believe he has always been the biggest draw and had the most influence in the sound of GnR, but I've never denied any members contributions to this band, past or present.

Yes, had Slash been sitting there in the front row it would have been a distraction, that was not the night.  Slash left the band, it was time to introduce the crowd to the new lineup of Guns N Roses and Slash had no place there.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2007, 01:48:10 AM »

If slash were there no one would've cared about the new band.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2007, 02:06:30 AM »

Well I think if he had good intentions and a ticket he should've been let in. But obviously he didn't have a ticket and what happened was just.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2007, 02:14:52 AM »

nobody even knew who the band was yet.   this was their night, not slash's.

it would be the same as Axl showing up to VR's first gig at that theatre in LA a few years back.  had he been in the front row it would have been a huge distraction.  Difference is, Axl isn't someone to do something like that for attention.  Slash is.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2007, 02:17:36 AM »

it would be the same as Axl showing up to VR's first gig at that theatre in LA a few years back.  had he been in the front row it would have been a huge distraction.  Difference is, Axl isn't someone to do something like that for attention.  Slash is.

See that's the thing that bugs me, you make it out to seem like Slash is some media hungry celebrity? You really honestly think he went to the show for attention for himself , he wanted to see what the band sounded like jesus christ , people sometimes take celebrities actions for more than they are meant. He had a good intention , you think he wanted to go in there to take the spotlight away from Axl??
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 02:19:46 AM by RageNirvanaNIN » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2007, 02:22:10 AM »

See that's the thing that bugs me, you make it out to seem like Slash is some media hungry celebrity? You really honestly think he went to the show for attention for himself , he wanted to see what the band sounded like jesus christ , people sometimes take celebrities actions for more than they are meant. He had a good intention , you think he wanted to go in there to take the spotlight away from Axl??

you dont think slash realizes the scene it would have created?   he's not stupid.
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2007, 02:24:59 AM »

you dont think slash realizes the scene it would have created?   he's not stupid.

I'm sure he knew the scene it create and he took precautions to not make a big scene , I mean he just wanted to see what the band he left was up to. Which is a just reason in my book. He wasn't going in to get spotlight on him , I really don't think that.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2007, 02:35:40 AM »

Just reading through some of the above -

Slash & Duff go on and on about Axl, in interviews - from what I've seen - ?most of they time, they are asked. ?The media and interviewers continue to bring it up. ?So they answer. ?Answers may change, through the years. ?Would anybody, here, give the same answers and opinions that they gave several years ago? ?We all change what we think and say. ?Difference, here, is that the individual thoughts and opinions are published. ?So, since it's in print, it becomes indelible. ?I'm not concrete, myself. ?I might say different things, at different times, depending on my mood or thoughts. ?And what I said 3 yrs ago, might not be what I'd say now. ?I'd hate to think that everything I said was in print, ready to be ripped apart. ?

I've asked before - when was the last time Axl gave an interview? ?(not a statement - an interview) ?If he gave an interview, today, I'm sure the same type of questions would be posed to him - regarding GnR or Slash/Duff or VR. ?

The thing about Slash showing up for the show in Vegas - people talk like he had some big ulterior motive, for publicity. ?Granted, I never thought about it in terms of his being a distraction to the show. ?Good point. ?However, I doubt it was publicity. ?Come on. ?He was there. ?I've never heard that he knew about it, months in advance. ? He wanted to check it out, out of curiosity. ?From what I've understood, there was a disclaimer, there, that said no former member of GnR would be allowed in. ?So, he was denied, at the door. ?Did he have a ticket to the show? ?Come on. ?No. ?He thought he could get in. ?Denied, because he was a former member, and especially, because he was Slash. ? ? ? ? ?
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2007, 02:38:37 AM »

Just reading through some of the above -

Slash & Duff go on and on about Axl, in interviews - from what I've seen -  most of they time, they are asked.  The media and interviewers continue to bring it up.  So they answer.  Answers may change, through the years.  Would anybody, here, give the same answers and opinions that they gave several years ago?  We all change what we think and say.  Difference, here, is that the individual thoughts and opinions are published.  So, since it's in print, it becomes indelible.  I'm not concrete, myself.  I might say different things, at different times, depending on my mood or thoughts.  And what I said 3 yrs ago, might not be what I'd say now.  I'd hate to think that everything I said was in print, ready to be ripped apart. 

I've asked before - when was the last time Axl gave an interview?  (not a statement - an interview)  If he gave an interview, today, I'm sure the same type of questions would be posed to him - regarding GnR or Slash/Duff or VR. 

The thing about Slash showing up for the show in Vegas - people talk like he had some big ulterior motive, for publicity.  Granted, I never thought about it in terms of his being a distraction to the show.  Good point.  However, I doubt it was publicity.  Come on.  He was there.  I've never heard that he knew about it, months in advance.   He wanted to check it out, out of curiosity.  From what I've understood, there was a disclaimer, there, that said no former member of GnR would be allowed in.  So, he was denied, at the door.  Did he have a ticket to the show?  Come on.  No.  He thought he could get in.  Denied, because he was a former member, and especially, because he was Slash.         

beer I brought that up early if Axl does interviews , old gnr will be brought up and he will answer. Hell Ron and Robin will get asked how they feel replacing and playing Slash's stuff its bound to happen. What they say may be different every time,  people are human beings. Trust me I'm sure 1987 Axl would have a lot to say about 2007 Axl , Im sure 1997 Axl would have a lot to say bout 2007 Axl as well , people's opinions and thoughts change. He had no ticket , wasn't allowed it thats the way it goes.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2007, 02:40:56 AM »

nobody even knew who the band was yet.? ?this was their night, not slash's.

it would be the same as Axl showing up to VR's first gig at that theatre in LA a few years back.? had he been in the front row it would have been a huge distraction.? Difference is, Axl isn't someone to do something like that for attention.? Slash is.

Distraction - I can see that. ?Attention? ?I don't think so. ?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2007, 06:02:47 AM »

I was there Jarmo, I think they were announced mid November or so. I had to have time to get plan tickets... I barely made it there.. Walked in, dropped my bags off at the front desk, got two drinks at bar for me and two for friend, went to front row for an amazing concert.  I was so blown away by buckethead that night.  truly special show.

The announcements were made in early December in both cases.

I'm sure he knew the scene it create and he took precautions to not make a big scene , I mean he just wanted to see what the band he left was up to. Which is a just reason in my book. He wasn't going in to get spotlight on him , I really don't think that.

Then why did he have to go talk to a radio station about how he wasn't let in?

Nobody would've known about it if he hadn't opened his mouth.

He can say he wanted to be discrete about it, but then when it didn't work out, suddenly that doesn't matter anymore.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 06:10:38 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2007, 07:54:33 AM »

Of course people mature over the years and their opinions and attitudes towards certain people and situations are liable to change, and I wouldn't expect Axl or Slash to be any different.? However, what I struggle to understand with Slash is how he changes his opinions on a monthly, if not weekly, basis, and for examples of this just read back through this year's interviews alone.? I also dislike it when artists try to belittle their previous work merely in order to promote their new material.

As I've said before, Slash has got years of experience in this game under his belt and is well aware of the impact his words and actions will have on the media and fans of both bands.? As the highest profile member of VR, he's aware that much of the responsibility for generating publicity will fall on his shoulders, and that being so, one of the easiest ways of generating column inches is through his GNR connection.? Contrary to what some people may think, I don't begrudge him using his past in this way as long as he:

a) remains consistent in his opinions;

b) sticks to commenting on the period of time that he was actually with GNR and refrains from speculating about the period after he'd left or trying to ride the coat-tails of current and future GNR successes;

c) accepts that the more he utilises this connection, the more frequent the comparisons between the two bands will be and the greater the potential for friction it'll cause within VR;

d) acknowledges that Axl is not personally responsible for any difficulties or tension between VR band members.

Slash being Slash, I don't actually expect him to alter his way of operating, so while he persists in doing this, I'll continue to criticise him for it and remain of the opinion that he's got one eye on the media whilst doing so.

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2007, 08:01:40 AM »

Your comment about Slash having one eye on the media is apt Cyllan.

For years, Slash has been 'playing a certain role' and yes he has said some very hurtful things about Axl.

It would take a lot of guts for Slash to actually turn around now and admit that he was wrong about a lot of things.

Think of the loss of face - and the reaction of the media......his career would be on the line.

Performers rely on 'ego' a lot.

That being said, I think that it is time that Slash supports Axl so he may move on into the next stage of his life in peace.

At 44, I think that Axl would like to set some of the story straight.

Slash being in a band with Scott 'nazi salute' Weiland makes the situation very awkward to say the least.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 09:27:18 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2007, 08:38:26 AM »

Slash & Duff go on and on about Axl, in interviews - from what I've seen -  most of they time, they are asked.  The media and interviewers continue to bring it up.  So they answer.

You guys were very prolific from the outset. After doing an album and tour together, was that same burst of creativity there?

slash quote "And there was a lot of negative s--- going on at the time, because there were rumors about me joining Guns N' Roses
and Axl had his f---ing press release that came out, which started friction between myself and the other guys."

can't see anything related to axl in the question.

just a recent example.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2007, 12:45:39 PM »

I did say - MOST of the time.  Most of the time, in almost all intereviews, the questions are asked first.   
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2007, 01:36:21 PM »

and when they aren't, he still talk about axl. that's my point here.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2007, 02:11:10 PM »

and when they aren't, he still talk about axl. that's my point here.

It's because Axl was involved, whether inadvertently or not, in causing friction in VR, and Slash feels he should divulge the source of the friction.  Which answers the question that the interviewer asked.  And I don;'t doubt that the interviewer knew that Slash would talk about Axl in response to such a question, and knows that would draw more attention to the article, so he purposely asked a question that could fuel controversy.

Btw, Axl is 45.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: