Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:48:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  June 19th Brisbane
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: June 19th Brisbane  (Read 30804 times)
waxlrick
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2007, 01:11:47 PM »

Ok here is a quick review peeps as promised. It's 3.00am now and I really gotta catch some shut eye.

Roste Tattoo and Baz. Were great. Really earn't their money. Ihave never been a Baz fan but shit he knows how to put on a show and get the audience involved.

BTW I was front centre floor about 8 rows back from stage. So I probably had the best seat (so to speak) in the house. My feet, Lower back and legs are fucked from standing on the concrete floor. The audience would have been about 10,000. 3/4 full id guess. Ages seemed to be late 20's to early 40's.

There was approx an hour wait between Baz and Guns. This was too much for the yobbo Brisbane crowd and chants of Bull shit and so on started. Finally the opening riffs of WTJ sounded out and when Axl came into view it was obvious he had the shits. With a luke warm welcome from the crowd he felt compelled to stop the band before a note had even been sung. He said something like "oh so this is how it's gonna be?' I dont have to fucking be here ya know?" (Really??)

I couldn't believe it...but then again I could. Axl was taking on the crowd with almost a childish approach. I loved it. It set the scene for the opening half of the set with Axl basically standing and singing into the mic only moving around for a casual stroll but the whole time looking. He held stares with the audience but on the flip side though he wasn;t moving much he was still singing great. In fact his voice throughout the whole concert was the best I have ever heard it live. He was really on song in that department shifting from raspy to super sonic high really smoothly. The crowd was one over after SCOM and Axl got more into the show with every song. Here is my attemt at the set list from memory. The main things here is that he didn't invite the crowd to sing KOHD and he played the Blues and Better back to back.

WTJ
ISO
MR BS
LALD
SCOM
YCBM
THE BLUES
BETTER
OTGM
MY MICHELLE (with Baz of course and this really lifted Axls spirits. You cant help but lagh at Baz)
NR
IRS
Patience
NT

ENCORE

MADAGASCAR
PC ( i missed catching the whistle by one hand)
Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

Show was about to hours.

Thats about it for now folks I am rooted but I can honestly say I had the true Axl experience. ?He is as Badass as ever. Sorry about the quick review but I am stuffed.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 02:28:45 AM by waxlrick » Logged
droezle
King of comedy
Banned
Rocker

Here today,gone to hell

« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2007, 01:14:59 PM »

Thanx for the updates and the reviews. beer

Where's Axl?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2007, 01:24:44 PM »

With a luke warm welcome from the crowd he felt compelled to stop the band before a note had even been sung.

He was hit with a beer...

Glad you enjoyed the show.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2007, 01:29:18 PM »

Yay! I love the staring bit!!  ok

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Christian
VIP

« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2007, 01:35:09 PM »

It set the scene for the opening half of the set with Axl basically standing and singing into the mic only moving around for a casual stroll but the whole time looking. He held stares with the audience but on the flip side though he wasn;t moving much he was still singing great. In fact his voice throughout the whole concert was the best I have ever heard it live. He was really on song in that department shifting from raspy to super sonic high really smoothly.
Yeah, i can imagine..
Better from Download was the Best Live Version (his voice was awesome) of the song (instrumental + voice, not perfomance).

Thanks for the review.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2007, 01:37:29 PM »

In fact his voice throughout the whole concert was the best I have ever heard it live. He was really on song in that department shifting from raspy to super sonic high really smoothly.
Smoothly = mickey mouse voice?
glad you had a great time, but Axl only stopped cause he was hit by a beer, as jarmo said. hihi

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2007, 01:42:56 PM »

In fact his voice throughout the whole concert was the best I have ever heard it live. He was really on song in that department shifting from raspy to super sonic high really smoothly. The crowd was one over after SCOM and Axl got more into the show with every song.

So it was really one of those nights, which turned great. Grin
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2007, 01:44:48 PM »

With a luke warm welcome from the crowd he felt compelled to stop the band before a note had even been sung.

He was hit with a beer...

Glad you enjoyed the show.? ok

/jarmo

Yeah, I was guessing thats closer to the truth as to why the song was stopped.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
gnrfresh
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2007, 01:45:35 PM »

What a bunch of fuckwits to be throwing anything at a stage. I really dont get that. Its a massive sign of disrespect.

In Adelaide and the first Melbourne show I was fairly buzzed, got there early and didnt notice how heavy the crowds alchohol consumption was.
 But I was sober at the second Melbourne show and got there late (around 10:30ish) and noticed what a drunken/ugly scene it had become.
At Rod Laver you cant drink in the arena-only in the foyer and it seemed people were hanging there getting smashed. Maybe with a band like GnR that will go on late, the bar should be closed a little earlier to stop people getting out of hand?

Either way I would be pissed to be at last nights show and not only have Axl mad but also as a fan to see him get disrespected.
His great mood during the 3 shows I went to really helped make the shows more special and its a shame that some Brissy bogans ruined it.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2007, 01:50:30 PM »

For god sakes don't close the bars early. Who ever is an asshole should get the boot that's it.

CK

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2007, 01:54:34 PM »

if people can act right ,keep the bar open.but it don't seem right someone ruining it for others.was it hot out ?
weather an booze can not mix well.if it is hot people are going to get waisted fast.that is true too.

the one an only horsey !
chriskon72
Rocker

« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2007, 01:59:05 PM »

So if some people drive drunk... let's ban alcohol altogether right?

07.04.10 Figali, Panama
chriskon72
Rocker

« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2007, 01:59:48 PM »

or close the highways?

07.04.10 Figali, Panama
gnrfresh
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2007, 02:01:21 PM »

if people can act right ,keep the bar open.but it don't seem right someone ruining it for others.was it hot out ?
weather an booze can not mix well.if it is hot people are going to get waisted fast.that is true too.

I NEVER thought I would be one saying any bar should be closed early....but.... if doors open around 7:30 and Gnr dont hit the stage till 11:30 thats 4 hours of solid drinking.
You would be suprised at how many ppl didnt bother with Rose Tattoo or Baz and just drank and drank till Axl hit the stage.
I dunno...I agree that people should be responsible for their own actions and a few shouldnt be able to ruin getting boozed for everyone...but those same few have the potential to ruin the whole show for evryone so maybe closing the bar when Baz does his final song wouldnt be that big of a deal...

Ah fuck it....who am I to be the party police? lol
cattye
Headliner

queen of tumbledown

« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2007, 02:03:53 PM »

17:30 CET
(Axl says he's a lipsync actor)? hihi
Patience

Ok I remember reading that someone accused Axl of lipsyncing (or at least lipsyncing the whistle)....
But... Where did it actually come from (the accusation)?

Forgive them that tear down my soul
Bless them that they might grow old
And free them so that they may know
That it's never too late
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2007, 02:08:00 PM »

no but people and alcohol  should eat something maybe.while they waited maybe.to soak up some of the alcohol.it makes more sense to pace yourself while drinking at concerts.it don't allways go that way though.if you are responcable while drinking i haven't herd of that too much either.you can flag someone who is intoxicated if noticed right away.but they don't keep up like in regular bars.you would be flagged and told not to come back.

the one an only horsey !
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2007, 02:15:09 PM »

Whatever happens at a show, we're watching.
We, the fans from all over the world are watching over the band on the road.

Any wanka better behave themselves if they're at a GNR show, whether in Mexico city, Brisbane,  tokyo or wherever
Or they will be pissed all over by the world GNR fans.   Kiss
Tynia
Rocker

My name was AXL

« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2007, 02:17:38 PM »

Thanks for the updates.

way to go Tonya N' Tynia and Guns N' Roses! headbanger

that's? a good one? hihi

You're all welcome! Not big deal on my behalf? ok

Good f' night? Wink from your "Tonya N' Tynia Update Squad"? hihi

Warsaw, you're fuckin' amazing! W. Axl Rose 15.06.2006
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2007, 02:18:21 PM »

I'm glad the show went on after the beer throwing incident.  nervous

But I feel bad for that crowd, having that one guy fuck it up for everyone.  In Chicago, it was a non-stop crowd sing-along for the first three songs, and the whole atmosphere was great.  I can only imagine that some guy might have lessened the greatness of that part of the show.  no

Anyway, what kind of rock n' roll world are we living in where people can't stay up until 2 A.M.?  I realize that most of the crap on MTV caters to people with curfews, but for the love of God, why would you let something as silly as being tired at work for one day ruin such a great evening?  Hell...isn't that why they invented sick days?  Boo-fuckin'-hoo!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
cattye
Headliner

queen of tumbledown

« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2007, 02:19:02 PM »

On the alcohol... I saw GNR in November 2006. ?I was in the stands and there were lots of drunks around. ?They were annoying because they kept getting up and having to go the the bathroom and to get more beer!!!

On the lateness... I saw them with my husband (who is not a fan) on a Monday night. ?I was warning my husband the whole month before the show, that GNR wouldn't go on until at least 11pm and the show wouldn't end until like 2 or 2:30 in the morning or something. ?He was alright with it... although he did try to drag me out during the band's bow... ?Smiley

Like someone earlier said... even a casual fan will know that GNR goes on LATE.

Great reviews
Thanks everyone!!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul
Bless them that they might grow old
And free them so that they may know
That it's never too late
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: