Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:42:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Barry Bond's records
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Barry Bond's records  (Read 12624 times)
Krispy Kreme
« on: April 29, 2006, 11:12:35 PM »

Some sports people are saying his records should be erased because of alleged steroid use. I say that is BS because there  is no  way to tell if the pitchers he faced were also using. Plus, since steroids became illegal in 2003, he never failed a single test. If he did use, it was before it was  officially illegal. So I think the press is picking on him, maybe because he was surly in the past, but maybe because he is black and chasing Ruth. So what do you think--should he records be erased from baseball history?
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 05:17:33 PM »

If he used steroids, then he's guilty. And, it isn't because he's black. It's because he cheated and he lied about using steriods. Plus, he's an asshole.

Anybody who used steroids to acheive their stats and records in baseball should not be allowed to be in the recordbooks.

gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 11:47:20 PM »

Officially illegal?  They are against the law and have been for some time.  All the coked up players in the 80s had to face the off field questions and punishments for using their  "performance enhancers."  Let him have the fucking records, he'll be dead in a few years (see Lyle Alzado).
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 10:07:28 AM »

Read Game of Shadows.  It has all the damning evidence against Bonds and is a hell of a good read for anyone who wants his steroid-infused beachball head to just go away.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
illusionone
VIP

I never wanted you to be so full of anger. . . .

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 05:45:22 PM »

Some sports people are saying his records should be erased because of alleged steroid use. I say that is BS because there? is no? way to tell if the pitchers he faced were also using. Plus, since steroids became illegal in 2003, he never failed a single test. If he did use, it was before it was? officially illegal. So I think the press is picking on him, maybe because he was surly in the past, but maybe because he is black and chasing Ruth. So what do you think--should he records be erased from baseball history?

I hate the guy, but I do agree with some of your points.  the issue I have is they should suspend him until the decide either way.  I would hate to see him break another record before this thing gets figured out.

I personally think he is guilty

Wake up. . . .time to die
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 07:20:42 AM »

He's a cheater and a big jerk.

I think his records atleast should have an astract* if not a line drawn through both his name and records. Barry Bonds[/b]. Like that. hihi

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 07:48:31 PM »

Barry Bonds records should absolutely 100 percent count.

Let me ask u guys a couple very simple questions.

1.Did Barry Bonds ever test positive for steroids?

2. Were steroids illegal when Bonds allegedly took them?

He didnt break any baseball rules therefore they count.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Markus Asraelius
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 12:35:00 PM »

Sorry, D can't totally agree with you there.

If it's found that he tested positive for steriods in the present or that there was hardcore evidence aganist him that he took steriods back then, then his records should be taken away.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2006, 03:27:31 PM »

if it's true he did use steriods.Then I say let him keep the recordes but don't let him in the hall of fame.

Cause if Pete Rose isn't then this ass clown shouldn't be either.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 02:28:54 PM »

Personally i don't think his HR record should.? And their is a precedent for such action being taken.? In Olympic sports like track and field or swimming if a competitor has been found to be on performance enhancing drugs, there records are erased from the record books.? How many times has the 100 m dash record been disallowed because of steriods.

As for the fact that it wasn't illegal till 2003.? That's not entirely true.? They were not allowed but they didn't have a drug testing policy in place until 2003.? Plus, they are illegal in the US unless prescribed by a doctor so to say they were legal is just not true.

But I don't think it should just be Bond's either.  I think it should include Sosa, McGuire, Palmiero. 
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 02:30:31 PM by classicgunsfan » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 02:36:19 PM »

Personally i don't think his HR record should.? And their is a precedent for such action being taken.? In Olympic sports like track and field or swimming if a competitor has been found to be on performance enhancing drugs, there records are erased from the record books.? How many times has the 100 m dash record been disallowed because of steriods.

As for the fact that it wasn't illegal till 2003.? That's not entirely true.? They were not allowed but they didn't have a drug testing policy in place until 2003.? Plus, they are illegal in the US unless prescribed by a doctor so to say they were legal is just not true.

But I don't think it should just be Bond's either.? I think it should include Sosa, McGuire, Palmiero.?

Thats the point.

Bonds has never tested positive. Steroids WERE NOT ILLEGAL in baseball when he supposedly took them so it doesnt matter anyway.

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 03:33:44 PM »

Well I think it interesting that he hasnt failed a test since the testing was implemented, its hard to say if he is still on the same HR pace because he didnt play much to end last year, and he started injured his year.

However I dont have a problem with removing his HR record if it is proven that he was on steroids, however you cant just single him out. If you take away his 74. McGwires 70 has to go, Sosa's 66 or whatever it was has to go and that gives Roger Maris the single season record again, with an asterik of course.

Mostly I'm tired of Bonds being singled out because of what he might have done, yet other people who had as significant a change in their physique go completely unchallenged. Anyone remember Lenny Dykstra? When he came up with the Mets in 85-86, the planes taking off from LaGuardia could knock his scrawny ass over in centerfield. By the time he was in the World Series with Philly in 93 he looked like a fire hydrant with muscles. Yet the only grief he ever caught was for using chewing tobacco.

I do believe that Bonds used something, but if you look at his stats from around the time that he started getting unusually big, he already had Hall of Fame caliber numbers.

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 04:58:25 PM »

It gets on my nerves when people blame race and say people are racist.

that is bullshit.

they try to use the Jason Giambi argument saying "Giambi is an admitted steroid user but yet he is loved"

Giambi wasnt loved that season he had the stomach ailment and hit 208, they were ready to send his ass to the minors cause it appeared that his entire career was thanks to steroids cause without them he was horrible.

last 2 seasons however he hit 31 HRs last year one comeback player of the year,and this year he is off to an amazing season.

he is a great story cause it shows that he didnt need steroids to be great and its a lesson to kids comin up that if u work hard u dont have to cheat.

thats why he is getting loved now.

Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 05:02:24 PM »

Well not everyone that hates Bonds is racist but there are probably 3 main groups that those that hate him would fall into:

1. Hate him because he acts like an asshole
2. Hate him because he allegedly( Roll Eyes) used steroids
3. Hate him because he is black

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 11:11:40 PM »

D - as usual, you're right on regarding a sports issue.

i hate bonds. but steroids weren't illegal. baseball knew everyone was on them, but they were loving what was going on. turning their heads cause HRs increase fan interest, which equals more $$$.

and i believe bonds is a very competitive guy. he was the best. all of a sudden, jerk offs like mcqwire and sosa are getting more press. and then they are recognized as the greatest modern HR hitters . when EVERYONE knew they were juicing.

so bonds gets frustrated and wants to cement his place as the greatest modern day hitter. so he decides to get every edge he can get to prove it. especially if MLB is letting it happen.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 11:54:17 PM »

Barry Bonds is scum. And I refuse ot watch a cheater break one of the most important records in the game today. Ruth's 714 means so much to a lot of people maybe even more that Arron's 744. And the worse part is he lies and lies and lies again. Then he decides to have a relaity show on ESPN and TRY to make himself look like the victiom and everyone hates Barry. Well he deserves it. You cheat and then lie about it. Best in the game? Nope. Ruth was so much better that Bonds, Well according to Bonds he blows Ruth out of the water as a left handed hitter.. Yet Ruth has a lifetime average of I believe .340 give or take a few. So Bonds can shove the needle up his ass this time he doesn't deverse the record or and record.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 12:31:45 AM »

Yeah but Babe Ruth didnt play against any of the Negro league competitors either so u have to take that into account. Ruth didnt necessarily face the greatest competition like Bonds has either.

Im not a Barry Bonds fan but facts are, he didnt break any baseball rules. Steroids only became illegal a couple years ago so there is absolutely nothing they can or should do about it.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 09:04:38 AM »

it's not cheating if it's not illegal.

bonds did exactly what MLB wanted....bring excitement back to game after the strike of '94 hurt them so bad.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 09:20:00 AM »

bonds took illegal steroids it's that simple.. You know he's guilty, he'll be caught eventually from testimony...  Just like giambi and mcgwire didn't take roids.. Canseco knew what was going on, these guys are frauds
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 12:08:54 PM »

Steroids were illegal to bring into the country and use without a prescription.  Players were getting suspended for cocaine and marijuana use since the late 1970's.  Why are steroids treated differently?

As for why I hate Bonds on kujo's scale, put me down for 1 and 2.  I don't think anyone hates him because he's black, but rather because of his views on race.  From Game of Shadows:

"They're just letting him do it because he's a white boy," Bonds said of McGwire and his chase of Maris's record.  The pursuit by Sosa, a Latino player from the Dominican Republic, was entertaining but doomed, Bonds declared.  As a matter of policy, "They'll never let him win," he said.

Get off it, Barry.  You've lived in affluent suburbs your whole life, your best boyhood friend, first wife, and most recent mistress are all white.  These aren't the Jim Crow days that your daddy played in. 

Bonds probably would be a 400-500 HR guy without steroids.  He would still be in good shape, rather than recovering from perpetual surgeries if he hadn't touched the roids.  He may be about to beat that "white boy" Babe Ruth (he has said he doesn't care about beating Hank Aaron's record, only Ruth's--racism, anyone?), but the spector of steroid use will forever be there.

As for Giambi and his big comeback season, all I have to say there is three letters-- HGH, human growth hormone.  There's no test for it, so players can still bulk up unnaturally and get away with it.

If Bonds et. al. get into the Hall of Fame, then we should be letting Pete Rose, Joe Jackson, Eddie Cicotte, and Hal Chase in as well.  But I bet Bonds would put up a stink about letting those "white boys" in.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: