Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:33:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Brett Favre to return for another season
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brett Favre to return for another season  (Read 5341 times)
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: February 02, 2007, 03:43:47 PM »

Yep, he announced it.
I'm so happy.... he can still play & he sure deserves to go out on a better note than last season.
 beer

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 03:47:02 PM »

At least he's not leaving it down to the last second again, leaving the team in limbo.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 06:08:49 PM »

Happy to hear Brett will be playing another year. He's a quaterback you love to root for and watch him play. He is such an ambassador for the game of football.  ok beer

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 06:10:17 PM »

He should've waited till Monday.

Glad he is coming back though, they went 8-8 and have a very good young team up and coming.

I feel bad for Aaron Rodgers though, this poor kid went from possibly being the number 1 overall pick to dropping to 24th and now cant get off the bench in Green Bay thanks to Favre.

A good draft and GB are a playoff team next season.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 09:16:07 PM »

well i'm not a big fan of the Packers so yeah i'm glad he's staying............ hihi

I respect the man for still playing the game but this is a young mans game, and its time to pass on the torch.

Steelers peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 12:32:31 AM »

How'd I know that JennaSide was gonna post this?  Grin

I'm so happy too, barring any major injuries, Green Bay is a playoff team.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 07:53:26 AM »

this thread should be called "Green Bay will suck for another year".  hihi

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 11:58:35 AM »

this thread should be called "Green Bay will suck for another year".? hihi

lol  rofl

good stuff good stuff 

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 10:37:34 PM »

It's hard to believe that he is so close  to so many all time records. Good for him, I am glad he'll be back. He's a class  act and an attribute to the NFL.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 11:56:57 PM »

Did anyone see the NFL Network commercial during the game?

There was a fan blowing out a Chargers candle, and the caption said, "For some, letting go of the game is hard."

And then they showed Favre in his backyard, and the caption said, "For some, it's even harder."
sandman
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 03:51:17 PM »

In 2006, brett favre hit career lows for total TD passes, Completion %, and yards per attempt. He threw an equal number of TDs and INTs (18). And his passer rating of 72.7 ranks near the bottom of all QBs.

Meanwhile, highly touted QB Aaron Rodgers will spend his third consecutive year on the sidelines as favre?s backup.

GB will waste another year.

But as a fan of another NFC team, I?m certainly not complaining.  rofl

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 10:45:32 PM »

^^^ agreed

I never understood why or how poeple rave about Farve.  Hes good, but definitel not a top 10 QB in the league.  Hasn't been for a very long time is you ask me.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 11:52:49 PM »

This would've been a great decision 5 years ago. But now, he's only hurting the team and embarrasing himself.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 05:41:00 AM »

In 2006, brett favre hit career lows for total TD passes, Completion %, and yards per attempt. He threw an equal number of TDs and INTs (18). And his passer rating of 72.7 ranks near the bottom of all QBs.

Meanwhile, highly touted QB Aaron Rodgers will spend his third consecutive year on the sidelines as favre?s backup.

GB will waste another year.

But as a fan of another NFC team, I?m certainly not complaining. rofl

The verdict may still be out on Aaron Rodgers. But I don't belive he will be a successfull NFL Quarterback. The Green Bay packers come back next year with overall a young team.  If you look at the nfc as a whole there really is no stand-out great team. Much less 6 teams that will definetly be in the play-offs. The packers will compete, be second in their division and get a wild-card spot in the play-offs. They finished this year 8-8, 1 win from the play-offs. Next year in the NFC you will again see at least 1 8-8 team in the play-offs, and a couple 9-7 teams, just like this year. And the packers will be one of them.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 11:21:03 AM »

This would've been a great decision 5 years ago. But now, he's only hurting the team and embarrasing himself.

The little I've seen of Favre's play this past year, it seemed to me like it was the team hurting him, rather than the other way around.  If his heart's in it, then I'm glad he's sticking around for another year.  I hope he goes out on a better year than he had...
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 05:30:28 PM »

The little I've seen of Favre's play this past year, it seemed to me like it was the team hurting him, rather than the other way around.? If his heart's in it, then I'm glad he's sticking around for another year.? I hope he goes out on a better year than he had...

He's not hurting the team by his playing (well, most of the time). The problem is they can't rebuild or start a new era until he's gone. It's adding another year at least before they can have their 3rd dynasty.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2007, 06:39:59 PM »

i'm a huge Packers fan and im excited. the team's got potential, they really bounced back last season to go 8-8 and beat the bears their last game. things were really looking bleak in the beginning of the season.

in all honesty, and not cuz im bias cuz i'm a fan, i feel that they will make the playoffs. especially since in the NFC anything can happen. they still have a great offense with Ahman Green, Donald Driver, and even Greg Jennings looks like he has potential. if they have a good draft and beef up that defense i think they will be good.

i love brett favre, hes a real gamer, never gives up, has a cannon for an arm, and isnt afraid to take chances. hes also a major badass since he hasnt missed a game in so long an if i recall correctly, played with a broken thumb a few years back.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Tonrey
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2007, 09:57:18 PM »

Brett Favre is only hurting the Packers at this point.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 02:36:15 AM »

i'm a huge Packers fan and im excited. the team's got potential, they really bounced back last season to go 8-8 and beat the bears their last game. things were really looking bleak in the beginning of the season.

in all honesty, and not cuz im bias cuz i'm a fan, i feel that they will make the playoffs. especially since in the NFC anything can happen. they still have a great offense with Ahman Green, Donald Driver, and even Greg Jennings looks like he has potential. if they have a good draft and beef up that defense i think they will be good.

i love brett favre, hes a real gamer, never gives up, has a cannon for an arm, and isnt afraid to take chances. hes also a major badass since he hasnt missed a game in so long an if i recall correctly, played with a broken thumb a few years back.

Gotta love having AJ Hawk on defense.  The Packers D can hang with the best of them.
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2007, 11:48:02 PM »

How'd I know that JennaSide was gonna post this?
  hihi
And yes, I saw that commercial after the superbowl. That was great, it made me smile.

Anyway, I will agree that they have definite play-off potential. Brett can still play - I'm not saying he's always perfect, but I don't think he was the reason for the losses last season. With strong receivers, I believe he can still be a power-house in this game.
And who doesn't love watching him play when they're winning? He loves what he does & it shows  Grin

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: