Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:17:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Are the Mavs going to win 70 games this year, and then the championship?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are the Mavs going to win 70 games this year, and then the championship?  (Read 3794 times)
Krispy Kreme
« on: March 13, 2007, 10:30:59 PM »

No to the first, it would mean that they have to 18-2 the rest  of the way. They can do it, but I think that once home court is wrapped up Avery will rest some of  the key players for the playoffs.

I hope they do it, because this is  a great  team and Avery is fantasitic  coach.

As to the second, hell yes, no one  will stop the Mavs  this  year. Not   Phoenix, not the Spurs.
This  year, we WILL have a victory parade in Dallas.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 10:41:29 PM »

I think the 70 games is going to be tough. I don't think anyone is gonna stop them in the playoffs this time like last year in the finals.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 11:22:28 PM »

I don't think they'll crack 70... What's really mindblowing is the record they've put together after starting 0-4.

I'm gonna say no for the championship too.  If they somehow manage to get past the Spurs, Detroit or Miami will probably be there waiting to claim the title.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 11:42:29 PM »

I don't think they'll crack 70... What's really mindblowing is the record they've put together after starting 0-4.

I'm gonna say no for the championship too.  If they somehow manage to get past the Spurs, Detroit or Miami will probably be there waiting to claim the title.

Yeah those 3 winning streaks they've had this year are very impressive. I have to disagree with your second point. Especially Miami as the current 6th seed they aren't even a lock to make the playoffs. Detroit has 12 more losses and 11 less wins. I just don't see either posing a threat. I could be wrong but only time will tell.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 03:11:03 AM »

Yeah those 3 winning streaks they've had this year are very impressive. I have to disagree with your second point. Especially Miami as the current 6th seed they aren't even a lock to make the playoffs. Detroit has 12 more losses and 11 less wins. I just don't see either posing a threat. I could be wrong but only time will tell.

Miami just stormed back from being down 16 to beat the Jazz tonight... that's 7 wins in a row and I think 13 in a row at home?  The East standings are strange to say the least.  The three best teams are all in the same division, so Miami is in 6th right now, but they are really only one half a game behind 3rd place Washington.  Shaq has been on fire since Wade went out, and we know what he'll be like in the playoffs.  Detroit also has a great record since they signed Webber....

The Pistons, Spurs and Heat are already champions too, they know what it takes... I just don't think the Mavs can pull it off.  If it comes down to a Cleveland-Dallas final, then I'll agree with you!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 03:45:58 AM »

Miami just stormed back from being down 16 to beat the Jazz tonight... that's 7 wins in a row and I think 13 in a row at home?  The East standings are strange to say the least.  The three best teams are all in the same division, so Miami is in 6th right now, but they are really only one half a game behind 3rd place Washington.  Shaq has been on fire since Wade went out, and we know what he'll be like in the playoffs.  Detroit also has a great record since they signed Webber....

The Pistons, Spurs and Heat are already champions too, they know what it takes... I just don't think the Mavs can pull it off.  If it comes down to a Cleveland-Dallas final, then I'll agree with you!

Yeah just looking at the east standings. What a complete mess. Everyone is so close seems like just about everyone has some chance at a playoff spot there. I had no idea Miami was on such a run. Maybe i'm wrong then. Detroit is a great team i am just not sure anyone can stop the mavs this year. I know anything can happen in the playoffs but i just think its their time finally to win it all.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 06:14:54 AM »

I think the Mavs are gonna win 70, but wont win the championship. The Mavs remind me in a way of the Kings from early 2000-2001. An amazing team with an amazing regular season record but when it comes to the playoffs, they cant pull it off. They almost did last year though, this year they will get defeated earlier by a western conference team (Phoenix, SA or even Houston).

As for the East, Miami is a strong contender obviously. Cleveland will reach the final rounds and let me add Toronto in the picture too. I may be too biased since two fellow patriots are playing there (Calderon and Garbajosa) but they've gotten very good. I believe Bosh's injury at the beginning of the season was the best thing could've happened to this team really so each player knows exactly his role in this team. Toronto does remind of Chicago Bulls in the early 90's...Huge star (Bosh) and great teammates whose contributions are crucial to this team's success.? The only way to win a championship is to have a proper TEAM, not a collection of individual talent.? I wish Mitchell start Calderon as PG instead of TJ, but I'm spanish and I'm biased  Smiley

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 11:22:46 AM »

As for the East, Miami is a strong contender obviously. Cleveland will reach the final rounds and let me add Toronto in the picture too. I may be too biased since two fellow patriots are playing there (Calderon and Garbajosa) but they've gotten very good. I believe Bosh's injury at the beginning of the season was the best thing could've happened to this team really so each player knows exactly his role in this team. Toronto does remind of Chicago Bulls in the early 90's...Huge star (Bosh) and great teammates whose contributions are crucial to this team's success.? The only way to win a championship is to have a proper TEAM, not a collection of individual talent.? I wish Mitchell start Calderon as PG instead of TJ, but I'm spanish and I'm biased Smiley

I think Toronto has an opportunity to advance depending on who they play in the postseason.? We need to keep in mind that few of these guys have any playoff experience... but the team is amazingly well rounded with such a deep bench.? This year Calderon has been just as effecient as T.J. Ford (and for stretches far better), but I still don't think starting him is the best idea.? Ford has been leading them nicely on the last 3 game win streak.? The Raps are pretty much a lock for the Atlantic division, so they're going to be facing either Washington, Chicago or Miami.... if they play Miami you can count them out!

Edit - Suns beat the Mavs in double OT... they can only lose one more to reach 70, I don't think there's a chance.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 01:17:30 AM by Eazy E » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 03:53:59 AM »

As for the East, Miami is a strong contender obviously. Cleveland will reach the final rounds and let me add Toronto in the picture too. I may be too biased since two fellow patriots are playing there (Calderon and Garbajosa) but they've gotten very good. I believe Bosh's injury at the beginning of the season was the best thing could've happened to this team really so each player knows exactly his role in this team. Toronto does remind of Chicago Bulls in the early 90's...Huge star (Bosh) and great teammates whose contributions are crucial to this team's success.  The only way to win a championship is to have a proper TEAM, not a collection of individual talent.  I wish Mitchell start Calderon as PG instead of TJ, but I'm spanish and I'm biased Smiley

I think Toronto has an opportunity to advance depending on who they play in the postseason.  We need to keep in mind that few of these guys have any playoff experience... but the team is amazingly well rounded with such a deep bench.  This year Calderon has been just as effecient as T.J. Ford (and for stretches far better), but I still don't think starting him is the best idea.  Ford has been leading them nicely on the last 3 game win streak.  The Raps are pretty much a lock for the Atlantic division, so they're going to be facing either Washington, Chicago or Miami.... if they play Miami you can count them out!

Edit - Suns beat the Mavs in double OT... they can only lose one more to reach 70, I don't think there's a chance.

yeah they have some games left against teams that are very good.  70 wins is a long shot now a very long shot.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: