Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:46:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Lost (SPOILER)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lost (SPOILER)  (Read 74706 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #380 on: May 24, 2007, 09:51:39 PM »

and ends with -antham, he's "from New York. 

maybe that part says Manhattan Undecided it looks like it starts with "Jo" to me i still say it was supposed to be John...Locke and Jack never got along so that could explain the neither comment

never mind it does say antham

who was from new york on the show?

Bernard, Rose, and Michael.

Which means it's either someone we haven't met or someone using a "fake" name.

It's been suggested the name, on the high def feed, was Jeremy Bentham, a 16th century philosopher.  If that's the case, the "relationship" to John Locke (who's named after a 15th century philosopher) is an interesting one to explore.

good stuff.  i love how smart this show is and how it enables you to still engage in it well after the last episode has aired.  i really hope they do something on the net between now and Feb 08.  i'd be shocked if they didn't.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #381 on: May 25, 2007, 10:03:46 AM »

if there's no charlie in the future seasons i'd be really disappointed. i'd rather have sayid, bernard and jin all killed than charlie.

i think the funeral was for a child not an adult, the coffin seemed way to small for a fully grown person.

and the future flashback i totally saw that, especially when jack's wife came in at the hospital and she was pregnant.

i don't know what the next season will bring but i'm a bit let down of where the situation is right now.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #382 on: May 25, 2007, 10:20:12 AM »

if there's no charlie in the future seasons i'd be really disappointed. i'd rather have sayid, bernard and jin all killed than charlie.

i think the funeral was for a child not an adult, the coffin seemed way to small for a fully grown person.

and the future flashback i totally saw that, especially when jack's wife came in at the hospital and she was pregnant.

i don't know what the next season will bring but i'm a bit let down of where the situation is right now.

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=c5cbd6b3-5309-48df-9128-278b046b61b8

Then prepare to be pretty disappointed.  Dom has said, basically, he's done.  He said he'd never rule it out, but he just can't see a role they'd offer him that would appeal to him at this point.  They'd have to offer him something completely spectacular, (like an Obi-Wan spirit guide type role) especially considering he's going go back into films, now, so his shooting schedule with those is apt to be both hectic, and more "unpredictable" than any TV shooting schedule.  I think our expectation is that Charlie is gone for good.....and be pleasantly surprised if he shows up as a cameo or guest shot in some future episode.

(Edit: Watch the vid interview above, after you read the printed one.  Ignore Kristen's annoyingness....and look at Dom.  You can tell by some of the things he says, it doesn't sound like he was real happy with his role this season......)

On the small coffin thing, my wife pointed something out (she was a pro photog before becoming a stay at home mom):

It looks like they're using a VERY wide angle lens in the shot inside the funeral home, probably because of low ceilings and a lack of space.  Those tend to thin things out in the middle (especially after correcting the "fish eye" bend), and could be why the coffin looks so small.  In this case, maybe it's NOT something we should "read into"....but maybe it is.

With this show, you just never really know.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 10:23:44 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #383 on: May 25, 2007, 02:57:22 PM »

thanks for the link and the info on the filming of the funeral scene. it's sad to see him go as far as i'm concerned. he was one of my favourites. i think dom was a little upset that the show focused a lot more on few select characters and the others were put behind. the reason why we got a charlie focused episode last week was probably because we'd never see him again. too bad.

as far as the funeral go, it couldn't be john locke because i am willing to bet he remained on the island with danielle. he would have no reason to go back in the world.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #384 on: May 25, 2007, 07:10:46 PM »

thanks for the link and the info on the filming of the funeral scene. it's sad to see him go as far as i'm concerned. he was one of my favourites. i think dom was a little upset that the show focused a lot more on few select characters and the others were put behind. the reason why we got a charlie focused episode last week was probably because we'd never see him again. too bad.

as far as the funeral go, it couldn't be john locke because i am willing to bet he remained on the island with danielle. he would have no reason to go back in the world.

I agree 100% on your feelings about Charlie AND about Dom's feelings.? I thought Charlie (along with Hugo) was the "heart"/"soul" of the show....and I don't mean they should be the focal point...just that they leant a lot of the humanity, humor, etc.

My thought on it being Locke would be that he was FORCED to leave the island, somehow (if, indeed, it was him in the coffin).? Thus, the suicide (since the article seems to insinuate that the person was found hanging from a beam).

I think the speculation over the next 8 months is going to be interesting.....for both the fans and the writing team (who, of course, won't read THIS thread...but you should see the stuff going on over at www.thefuselage.com).

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #385 on: May 26, 2007, 06:15:08 PM »

i haven't been at the fuselage for ages. there were too may theories and i just couldn't keep up  hihi

i don't know how they could force locke to leave the island. he could've hidden from them if he wanted to.

WeHeldTogether
« Reply #386 on: May 27, 2007, 02:04:56 AM »

my theory:  they're going to show them getting off of the island and stuff next season, maybe with some "Flash-forwards."

also i think it was Locke's funeral...someone took a screencap of the newspaper clipping and it said Jo..it could have been Ja(mes) for Sawyer, but its doubtful, because Kate said something about "he's probably wondering where i am"
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #387 on: May 27, 2007, 10:28:33 PM »

Someone PM me, I need a recap of the season finale.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: