Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:22:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A bad obsession??? Maybe......
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A bad obsession??? Maybe......  (Read 2790 times)
Axlfan982
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: October 24, 2007, 04:48:25 PM »

I'm not exactly sure where this should go, because I don't really post much, so feel free to move it  Wink. I was just sitting here thinking about how long I've been waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released, and wanted to share my own situation to see if anyone can relate. I've been a fan of "The World's Most Dangerous Band" since I was about six years old. I remember pleading with my parents to let me go to the Illusions concert with my much older cousin back in 92, I was only 9 years old. But I was the coolest nine year old at the time in my mind, because I got to see Guns N' Roses live on tour. Well, many years have passed since then, and the band has went through more than a few changes. I must admit that from 94 until Axl showed up at the MTV awards in 2002 with the reincarnated band I lost some interest. I can remember like it was yesterday though how excited I was to see that bandana wearing, snake dancing, quintesential rockstar Axl Rose on stage once again. Sure, it was a different band, but the energy was the same, at least for me it was. I know the performance wasn't great, but it brought back hope. Hope that he had finally solved some of his internal issues and was ready to get the ball rolling again. Now I know things didn't exactly work out that way, with the failed 2002 world tour, and Axl basically disappeared once again. But then came 2006. The leaks, the promise of an album by years end, and all of the touring from the band. I was instantly excited again. So I guess what I'm getting at is, since May of 2006 when Guns started touring again, I've been pumped, and I guess you could say a little obsessed. I have a ton of music in my collection, but for some reason I'm always grabbing Guns N' Roses to listen to. My friends think I'm nuts. I mean Jesus, My girlfriend's name is Erin, and she has blue eyes. When I hear Sweet child o Mine I'm instantly reminded of her, because Axl wrote that song for his blue eyed girlfriend Erin at the time. I know it's just merely a coincidence, but I think the only way to end my obsession is to get Chinese Democracy in my hands. Funny as it seems though, I kinda like being obsessed, because I really enjoy listening to my Guns albums over and over. I was just sorta wondering if anyone out there feels the same way I do at all? Or am I just crazy. Feel free to make fun of me or praise all u want. I'm proud to be a Guns N' Roses fan whether it be the old band, or the new band. I like em both.
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 05:15:09 PM »

Yes, you're crazy... but keep it that way. It isn't a bad obsession as long as it stays out your vains.

Your story could be mine (but I don't have a blond girlfriend but I'm not complaining ...)

Untill I have Chinese Democracy in my hands people will say I'm nutts; I don't care, I hope.

Andr?
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 05:23:34 PM »

we're all obsessed in a way...checking this board all day just hoping to hear something.  let down after let down, but we keep coming back!!

procrastination is like masturbation - it seems like a good idea at the time, but in the end you just fuck yourself!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 05:56:06 PM »

There's nothing bad about that obsession.   ok

I'd say the majority of folks here feel the same way.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GNRFan333
Opening Act

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 06:26:09 PM »

yeah dude....your crazy. but dont worry....so am i.  hihi
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 06:36:38 PM »

pretty much the same as me though my mum didn't let me go to the illusion tour (93 werchter)

she said: 'we'll go next time' hihi

but i went in 02 and 4 times in 06  peace

Like peeing clouds!
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 07:25:46 PM »

i dunno ive been hear a long time an remain that till this very night.i can't explain it ,like ufo's or something lol.

the one an only horsey !
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 09:47:56 AM »

For me, I think that it's a healthy obsession.  The way that I see it is that I have a great job, nice house, and a beautiful wife and kids, so if this is the one "crazy" thing that I have going, it's not necessarily a bad thing.  I mean it does get to the point where I get so tired and upset with the lack of ANY news in the Guns N' Roses world, that I have to reprimand myself at times and tell myself not to come on here for a certain length of time.  But I do these things for my own sanity and to save myself from further disappointment.

Also I have the 30gb iPod, and it's filled with music to the point where anytime I get new music, I have to unload som songs that I don't really listen to.  But regardless of that amount of music, I still find myself scrolling to Gn'R almost every day for at least a song or two, if not more.

The bottom line is, don't worry about others, because whether it's Gn'R, another musician(s), or just something entirely off that realm, I think that every single person in this world has a "bad" obsession according to the opinions of others.  Roll Eyes
martyngnr
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 10:05:47 AM »

An obsession isn't always a bad thing.
Especially when you are obsessed with the greatest rock and roll band of all time! ok

I'm sure we all had moments of doubt about Chinese Democracy ever coming out but if it doesn't.....so what. We still have AFD, UYI I&II and Lies as well as countless other boootlegs/b sides/demos etc to enjoy. BUT.......if Chinese Democracy comes out i am gonna rub it in the face of so many of the haters out there!

No matter who is in the band GNR are and always will be the greatest band of all time.  beer

"I read the internet......I know what's going on!"
elmir
VIP

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 10:11:12 AM »

i don't know if its a bad obsession....more like fascination as opposed to anything else....i could easily walk past Axl on the street and not freak out that its him....but i do want to hear his music.....for as long as he's writing and touring, i'll be a supporter....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 11:08:50 AM »

We're all here on a fan site!? Some more than others so either it's an obsession or just a bunch of fans all getting in the same forum to find out more and wait for the upcoming C.D.? There's nothing wrong with it at all we're all just big fans hanging and expressing our thoughts here at HTGTH the best site to do so in my opinion.? There are others out there but there is enough people and topics to keep you coming back over and over again.? If it's keeping you from living then you should seek help but if your just checking in and enjoy the topics and feedback well then that's alright.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?beer

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 11:10:49 AM »

I and many others share your connection my friend.

I just want this album in my hands too, and then your crazy snakedancing friend can drift off into the sunset for all I care...... hihi
CSS
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 11:12:43 AM »

To quote a person from the "Introduce Yourself Here" thread:

"Nah, whom I kidding? We're all fuckin' crazy!". hihi
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 01:56:01 PM »

pretty much the same as me though my mum didn't let me go to the illusion tour (93 werchter)

she said: 'we'll go next time' hihi

but i went in 02 and 4 times in 06? peace

hihi Bet you would have protested a little louder if you'd known "next time" was almost 10 fuckin years away.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 02:05:40 PM »

Don't worry. I know some fans who want to constantly talk about GNR too. Like there is no other topic of conversation. But for me it's cool cause I love em too. I wouldn't say I'm obsessed because of kids, I can't be. But if there were no kiddies, I'd probably travel all around, see shows and maybe even try to find Axl's home. I used to be like that back in the day. And there is nothing wrong with listening to good music all the time. I have other artists I love too so my rotation, unless something comes out that I really like, is usually all the old stuff from bands or artists that I love. And I check this board every day even if I don't contribute. I figure if anyone knows when the CD will drop or if there is any news, it would appear here first.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: