Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:15:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Not to be a whiner...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Not to be a whiner...  (Read 2921 times)
duderedman
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: January 31, 2006, 05:08:12 PM »

But Christos AG just called me stupid and then shut off discussion surrounding http://getaxlforourwedding.blogspot.com.

First, I categorically deny any stupidity associated with either myself or my movement to get Axl to perform at my wedding.

Unrealistic? Sure. Crazy? Yeah. A waste of time? Probably. But stupid? HAVING NO BOUNDS TO STUPIDITY? That's not so. Stupid would be asking people to burn down Axl's house, or ring his doorbell, or stage a march down his street. I'm asking people to sign a petition, to show their support, and to generate enough popular enthusiasm that may possibly convince Axl to perform at my wedding. He probably won't. But it's a creative approach at least good for a few laughs - certainly not stupid.

Furthermore, Christos violates one of the rules of the board, cited below. Now I know GNR fans aren't big on rules, and that's part of our crazy charm. I'm just pointing it out.

Carry on.

It's not cool to insult other members of this board!
Posts that only attack another poster without any contribution to the discussion aren't allowed. Anyone consistently attacking other board members will be banned.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 05:12:42 PM by duderedman » Logged
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 11:16:59 AM »

I'm not trying to speak for him, but what I think he meant by it that 'trying to get him to sing at your wedding by these means' is stupid. Not that you as a person would be.. And I somewhat have to agree with him... Especially if you're trying to do it with a 'I know a lot of people were disappointed with you like I was' type of letters... I don't think it's a smart move.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 11:29:48 AM »

ooooooooh.

(that's the rest of the board all together)

Christos, you're in trouble now my friend.

Jarmo! Get to kicking his arse!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
duderedman
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 02:26:58 PM »

Rather than saying in a blanket statement that this is a stupid idea, why not spend ten seconds and try to work out a rational, decriptive thought that explains why you feel that way? "Stupid" is a word that you know and is easy -- why not use something precise to convey what you really feel? Really, both you and the first guy are being lazy and imprecise in describing your response to my post.

Now I'm not defending all aspects of my first letter - I need to be conciliatory in the future. But the general theme of the letter was that this would be an amazing wedding gift that could work for Axl and for my wife and me.

And let's face it, if this works out, I'm gonna be called a genius and the naysayers will be called negative moronic suckers. If it doesn't work out, I'll be the crazy guy who tried something different, no harm done. There's really nothing to lose.

Thanks for signing! That website again: http://getaxlforourwedding.blogspot.com
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 04:29:18 PM »

I stand by my post and fortunately your latest post in this thread proves me right.

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 08:46:00 AM »

find yourself a prettier wife then we'll talk ....

i am just kidding !!! and this is NOT funny !!! al'right i'm out !

SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 11:27:37 AM »

Rather than saying in a blanket statement that this is a stupid idea, why not spend ten seconds and try to work out a rational, decriptive thought that explains why you feel that way? "Stupid" is a word that you know and is easy -- why not use something precise to convey what you really feel? Really, both you and the first guy are being lazy and imprecise in describing your response to my post.

Now I'm not defending all aspects of my first letter - I need to be conciliatory in the future. But the general theme of the letter was that this would be an amazing wedding gift that could work for Axl and for my wife and me.

And let's face it, if this works out, I'm gonna be called a genius and the naysayers will be called negative moronic suckers. If it doesn't work out, I'll be the crazy guy who tried something different, no harm done. There's really nothing to lose.

Thanks for signing! That website again: http://getaxlforourwedding.blogspot.com

Hey I like your website and your blog.  Grin

They are both very funny.

You have a great sense of humor.

Keep up the great work!!!!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2006, 11:27:40 PM »

"Stupid" is a word that you know and is easy -- why not use something precise to convey what you really feel?

Ive said it before and Ill say it again, this idea is stupid, and yes that is how I really feel.  ok
Kujo
I wonder why we listen to poets,when nobody gives a fuck
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 07:46:27 PM »

I think what Christos meant to say was................

10/07/92 Columbia, SC
04/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
05/12/06 NYC
05/14/06 NYC
05/15/06 NYC
05/17/06 NYC
10/24/06 Sunrise, FL
10/25/06 St. Pete, FL
10/27/06 Estero, FL
10/28/11 Orlando, FL
BangoSkank
Rocker

"i'm gonna put my evil inside you!"

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 11:23:03 PM »

fuck these guys dude! get axl at your wedding

who will be the last to die for a mistake?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: