Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:14:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227933 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot 'I've Missed The Studio, Recording, Producing; Nice To Be Back'
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot 'I've Missed The Studio, Recording, Producing; Nice To Be Back'  (Read 1243 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: February 24, 2011, 02:18:03 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal Talks About "Song-A-Month" Downloads - "I've Missed The Studio, Recording, Producing; Nice To Be Back"

Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2011

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal is keeping busy with his "song-a-month" program, which has included covers of THE BEATLES' classic 'Strawberry Fields Forever' and THE FOUR TOPS hit 'Bernadette'.

Bumblefoot tells BraveWords.com: "I have a hard time switching gears between 'tour mode' and 'writing mode', 'studio mode', and being on the road so much I haven't been able to get the momentum to make a full album happen. Thankfully we've got technology that allows for other alternatives, so this year I'm releasing a song-a-month, download-only.

After lots of exchanging ideas with fans, we came up with the best way to get the music to them, and with options they were interested in. Each song is downloadable in a choice of hi-res formats, there's an instrumental version available, for guitarists there's a Player Pack with lead guitar transcriptions and Backing Track mixes, and also a Producer Pack of mix stems that can be loaded into any multi-track software to make your own mix of the songs.

Each cover song is one that has stuck with me for years as a favorite, some going back to being a kid. Just giving a tribute to songs I love. The first song released was a punky cover of the Motown hit 'Bernadette' by the Four Tops. This week it's a cover of the Beatles' 'Strawberry Fields Forever'. In March, it'll be an original song called 'Invisible'. Have six songs ready, hoping to write more and keep it going until I hit the road again. Maybe in the end I can do a CD bundled with a DVD or merch, but for now I'm just taking it a song at a time - real happy with how it's going, I've missed the studio, recording, producing, nice to be back."

Brave Words

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: