Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:02:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 427069 times)
Ja5oN
Rocker

Maybe I'll get it right next time

« Reply #940 on: May 07, 2014, 05:21:30 AM »

Despite all this mystery and possible legal bullshit....or whatever.....I just wish this would come out.  Sad

I would love to have some new material of quality for home.  I wasn;t at the shows they recorded (i went after), but it was a good time that I would love to share with other who weren't there.

Toronto11/29/02 Ottawa11/17/06 London2/25/10
Vegas11/23&24/12 Toronto7/15/13(mic) Vegas5/28(whistle),30&31/14
Toronto7/16/16 Montreal 8/19/17 Ottawa 8/21/17
Toronto 10/29&30/17
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #941 on: May 07, 2014, 10:20:13 AM »

So we're to believe that this company, Rocket Fuel, is just out there all on their own, promoting the video, using Guns N' Roses images, setting release dates that have come and gone -- all without the knowledge and approval of Guns N' Roses management.

Something doesn't make sense here.  That's the part you didn't answer.

Like cineater said -- if this isn't "set in stone" why doesn't the band put an end to it until it is.

Have you ever experienced situations where somebody was sure things would go according to plan and went ahead and did something, only to have it backfire because something didn't go according to the original plan?

I'm pretty sure the production company involved didn't do things without thinking that everything was ok. I'm sure they thought it was ok to put up the cinema listings, but it turns out things weren't as they should have been.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #942 on: May 07, 2014, 02:05:48 PM »

So we're to believe that this company, Rocket Fuel, is just out there all on their own, promoting the video, using Guns N' Roses images, setting release dates that have come and gone -- all without the knowledge and approval of Guns N' Roses management.

Like cineater said -- if this isn't "set in stone" why doesn't the band put an end to it until it is.

I don't understand what you're proposing. GN'R doesn't control Rock Fuel's social media outlets. So, I don't see how they can stop Rock Fuel from saying something, premature as it may be.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #943 on: May 07, 2014, 02:24:30 PM »

Guns N' Roses hired Rocket Fuel media to shoot their concert in 3D.

To say at this point, they have no control over what Rocket Fuel media does, their vendor, is just silly.

Guns N' Roses management could put out a statement/post/tweet as to the status of the project.  And/or put an end to the project if it's not "set in stone" as Jarmo said.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #944 on: May 07, 2014, 02:28:20 PM »

I don't understand what you're proposing. GN'R doesn't control Rock Fuel's social media outlets. So, I don't see how they can stop Rock Fuel from saying something, premature as it may be.

Ali

But are we really supposed to believe they are doing things against the express wishes of the band?  Does that make sense?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #945 on: May 07, 2014, 02:41:49 PM »

Ali

But are we really supposed to believe they are doing things against the express wishes of the band?  Does that make sense?

No it doesnt.

They are the client, you would think they would cater to the requests Axl/whoever.

But is any of this surprising?

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #946 on: May 07, 2014, 02:45:55 PM »

No, none of this is surprising.

From the fact this got fucked up, to the poor communication from all involved, right on up through the eventual offhand comment we'll get on this from Axl 3 years from now when he passes the buck for it never coming out.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 02:50:50 PM by D-GenerationX » Logged

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #947 on: May 07, 2014, 03:01:37 PM »

No, none of this is surprising.

From the fact this got fucked up, to the poor communication from all involved, right on up through the eventual offhand comment we'll get on this from Axl 3 years from now when he passes the buck for it never coming out.

It very well might be completely RockFuels fault for all of the hiccups, but since we are never told , we can only assume they were in their right to proceed at this pace.

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #948 on: May 07, 2014, 03:23:23 PM »

You know, say what you will about Azoff, but he actually was able to negotiate a release.  Stuff like this screams of whoever is currently behind the wheel of GNR's business dealings being completely inept in that regard.  What a mess.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #949 on: May 07, 2014, 03:44:42 PM »

Guns N' Roses management could put out a statement/post/tweet as to the status of the project.  And/or put an end to the project if it's not "set in stone" as Jarmo said.

I'm sure there'll be an update as soon as there's something to update about! Instead of the usual "we don't have any news at the moment" updates that certain GN'R fans crave.

It very well might be completely RockFuels fault for all of the hiccups, but since we are never told , we can only assume they were in their right to proceed at this pace.

Let me just paint this picture to some of you since it seems like the thought never appears.

What good would it do for GN'R to point fingers in any direction at this point?
How is blaming someone for this gonna make it come out sooner?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #950 on: May 07, 2014, 03:49:17 PM »

Because that's what's being alleged?  Someone has suggested that?

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #951 on: May 07, 2014, 03:58:07 PM »

I'm sure there'll be an update as soon as there's something to update about! Instead of the usual "we don't have any news at the moment" updates that certain GN'R fans crave.

Let me just paint this picture to some of you since it seems like the thought never appears.

/jarmo

How about we apologize for the delay, all parties are working hard to iron out the last wrinkles, will be out soon

but because they say nothing its easy for people to point the fingers at them! they are the common denominator in all of the cancellations and delays with multiple projects...not rockfuel...

so yes I agree it may not benefit them to point the fingers at rockfuel, but at least it will avoid them being blamed

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
D-GenerationX
Legend

« Reply #952 on: May 07, 2014, 04:04:16 PM »

but because they say nothing its easy for people to point the fingers at them!

Our man never sees it this way. 

Open line of communication, keeping people appraised, getting out in front of any sort of misstatement or wrong theories?

Bah, who needs it?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #953 on: May 07, 2014, 04:13:38 PM »

How about we apologize for the delay, all parties are working hard to iron out the last wrinkles, will be out soon

Sure. But as I previously said, they didn't announce it in the first place....

so yes I agree it may not benefit them to point the fingers at rockfuel, but at least it will avoid them being blamed

You're assuming Rockfuel is to blame for the delay.

/jarmo

slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #954 on: May 07, 2014, 04:15:09 PM »

/jarmo

How come you don't get frustrated when you're told something is coming and then it never appears?

When did you stop caring about releases?

edit

Seems the website is down/gone

http://gnr3dmovie.com/
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 04:19:43 PM by slashofvr » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #955 on: May 07, 2014, 04:19:32 PM »

/jarmo

C'mon, they could give a simple status update on the project to put an end to the mind-numbing speculation as to what's going on.

It's not that hard. 

slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #956 on: May 07, 2014, 04:21:23 PM »

/jarmo

C'mon, they could give a simple status update on the project to put an end to the mind-numbing speculation as to what's going on.

It's not that hard. 

Yeah we're all here cause we fucking love this band so much and so badly want something new from them

Would love to have the blu ray and get it signed during the upcoming residency
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #957 on: May 07, 2014, 04:31:42 PM »

You're assuming Rockfuel is to blame for the delay.

/jarmo

well its either them or its GNR's fault ... and if it was being held up by anybody with rights tot he GNR catalogue...its on rocketfuel and gnr to get that out of the way ... they had to know that would have to be dealt with in order to release this...

i just think their silence on the matter makes them look guilty, whether its true or not

i personally have no clue, its just the way it looks

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #958 on: May 07, 2014, 04:44:25 PM »

How come you don't get frustrated when you're told something is coming and then it never appears?

Because I choose who to believe?

After a while, you realize that it doesn't matter what other people say GN'R will do, unless GN'R says so, be careful about taking it as the truth.

When did you stop caring about releases?

Who says I did?
I'd love to see this movie out!

/jarmo

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #959 on: May 07, 2014, 04:57:04 PM »

After a while, you realize that it doesn't matter what other people say GN'R will do, unless GN'R says so, be careful about taking it as the truth.

/jarmo

So this company Rocket Fuel Media, that they hired to shoot a 3D concert movie, is just out there doing whatever they please with the project and GN'R has no say or knowledge of what they're doing?

That doesn't add up.  It's convenient when things go wrong.  But it doesn't add up.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: