Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:22:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227796 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 426515 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #980 on: May 08, 2014, 12:12:15 PM »

Is anyone really saying "no" involvement?

Ali

I think we all get it.

Everyone but Ali.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #981 on: May 08, 2014, 04:02:29 PM »

Is anyone really saying "no" involvement?

Ali

I think we all get it.

Everyone but Ali.

No, I think I do. But, no offense, it doesn't appear you do when you make extreme exaggerations to make your point.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #982 on: May 08, 2014, 04:09:26 PM »

It's called sarcasm Ali. 

Sarcasm to make a point when the discussion has become absurd. 

Ali
Legend

« Reply #983 on: May 08, 2014, 04:21:19 PM »

It's called sarcasm Ali. 

Sarcasm to make a point when the discussion has become absurd. 

It's also extreme. I never said GN'R had NO involvement in the project. Just that it is unrealistic to think they can stop Rock Fuel from shooting their mouths off and misleading people.

If and when there is a resolution to the issues preventing the release, I'm sure we will hear about it. Until then, I see nothing substantive enough for a meaningful update now.

Ali
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #984 on: May 08, 2014, 04:26:43 PM »

It's also extreme. I never said GN'R had NO involvement in the project.

Ali

I wasn't talking to you!

adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #985 on: May 08, 2014, 07:58:32 PM »

Rock Fule Media posted this on Facebook:

"Rock Fuel Media Inc. hey Guys, Universal is handling the release, we are simply a work for hire on production. we produced and delivered a great show. Our job is done. We only update news as we are told . they are waiting on mgmt I was told".
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #986 on: May 08, 2014, 08:15:11 PM »

"Rock Fuel Media Inc. hey Guys, Universal is handling the release, we are simply a work for hire on production. we produced and delivered a great show. Our job is done. We only update news as we are told . they are waiting on mgmt I was told".

Really.  Very interesting.

slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #987 on: May 08, 2014, 08:52:24 PM »

So Jarmo assumed incorrectly?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #988 on: May 08, 2014, 09:02:12 PM »

Assumed what incorrectly? That until now Rock Fuel was the ones making the posts and posting trailers?

Universal being involved is great news. Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 09:08:32 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #989 on: May 08, 2014, 10:26:05 PM »

Rock Fuel Media posted this on Facebook:

It's almost like they read the thread, and felt the need to respond.

Finally, something that makes sense.

So:

Rocket Fuel Media are done, they have delivered the movie.

They were a work for hire on production.

They only updated news as they were told.

Universal is handling the release.

They are waiting on Guns N' Roses management.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:22:39 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #990 on: May 08, 2014, 10:29:16 PM »

Assumed what incorrectly? That until now Rock Fuel was the ones making the posts and posting trailers?

/jarmo

That Rockfuel were behind the announcements solely

Here it says they were getting their information from other sources including Universal 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #991 on: May 08, 2014, 10:49:15 PM »

Assumed what incorrectly?

/jarmo

D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #992 on: May 09, 2014, 12:07:43 AM »

Universal being involved is absolutely great news.

Put to bed all this ridiculous talk they lay their heads down on the pillow each night thinking of ways then can mess with Axl Rose in the morning.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #993 on: May 09, 2014, 02:48:40 AM »

Axl Rose has, at all times, worked diligently to maintain the artistic integrity of the band by choosing with great care which properties to license Guns N' Roses songs to, and refusing to participate in what he believed were potentially embarrassing projects.

Axl has fought to avoid the release of material that does not live up to the highest of standards demanded by the band's history and its followers.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #994 on: May 09, 2014, 05:14:37 AM »

/jarmo

That Rockfuel were behind the announcements solely

Here it says they were getting their information from other sources including Universal 

And yet the info and trailers were posted by them on their social media sites. Not by Universal...
Like I've said in the past, it's interesting how this isn't on the official GN'R site if they were so involved in the hyping of it. Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
fozzie10
Headliner

« Reply #995 on: May 09, 2014, 07:45:58 AM »

So to sum this mess up for a newbie who doesnt want to wade through a 50 page thread,the dvd isnt coming out anytime soon and the only people keeping the story going is rockfuel?
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #996 on: May 09, 2014, 09:15:15 AM »

So if what Rock Fuel is saying is true, than UMG had to have given them the scheduled theatre release dates, followed by informing them that there was now an issue with that would hold up the release due to an former band member, and then inform Rock Fuel last week that there would be another announcement and then fail again to follow through.  If what Rock Fuel say's is to be believed, either UMG is incompetent or they're intentionally fucking with Axl.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Ali
Legend

« Reply #997 on: May 09, 2014, 11:07:51 AM »

I don't doubt that.  But, perhaps they should cease with the intermediate updates and let the label and/or the band's camp handle the updates when there is something of substance to update.

Ali
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #998 on: May 09, 2014, 03:31:58 PM »

Universal being involved is absolutely great news.

Put to bed all this ridiculous talk they lay their heads down on the pillow each night thinking of ways then can mess with Axl Rose in the morning.

Who says that or anything to that effect?  I and many others here have speculated that the label may be hesitant to financially support and promote a new album to the extent that Axl wants them to.  Perhaps rightfully so... recouping and profiting on any further investment in a new GNR album is far from a sure thing.  None of that can be in any way translated to mean the label is screwing Axl for the sake of it.

The label now getting behind a DVD (that is heavy on the AFD) is not exactly an indication of how willing it would be to support a new album. 
adydas78
Headliner

« Reply #999 on: May 10, 2014, 04:13:43 PM »

Wiki still has May 19th as release date. I would not put my money down on this, but someone authorized is updating that site...
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: