Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:39:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will BHs parts stay on chinese democracy (mysteron do you know)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will BHs parts stay on chinese democracy (mysteron do you know)  (Read 9426 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: May 24, 2004, 08:05:21 PM »

I am curious, do  you think Axl will keep Bucketheads part on CD?
I really hope so, since BH is an amazing player.
I know Axl will have to pay  him royalies but I know he was still under contract when he left.
Maybe Axl would let BH out of his contract if BH agreed to not get royalies for the album.
I m dying to hear Bhs playing on this album, I hope its not taken out.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 08:40:38 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 08:20:17 PM »

I'd say yes... or no.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 08:21:09 PM »

Will BHs parts say on chinese democracy or Will BHs parts STAY on chinese democracy?
Anyways, I can't see BH agreeding to not get royalities.  no
But I'd love to listen to him on the album. Actually, I'd love to listen to the album.  crying

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 08:41:35 PM »

Will BHs parts say on chinese democracy or Will BHs parts STAY on chinese democracy?
Anyways, I can't see BH agreeding to not get royalities.  no
But I'd love to listen to him on the album. Actually, I'd love to listen to the album.  crying

He might have to if he wants to be let out of his contract.
Axl could sue him for breaking it.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 08:41:36 PM »

History tells us Axl will have the parts re-done.

Very unfortunate to say the least.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 08:57:05 PM »

For some odd reason, I think Bucket may yet end back up in GNR Land before it's all said and done...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 09:10:15 PM »

For some odd reason, I think Bucket may yet end back up in GNR Land before it's all said and done...

Yea, if he was ever out for sure anyway.

I'm saying yes his parts will stay in.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2004, 10:09:37 PM »

I've got the same feeling, purely speculating of course, but I don't think we've seen the last of BH with GNR..

Stranger shit has happened...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004, 10:36:52 PM »

I have the same feelings too...ill even go a step further and say that that whol epress release might have been a lil tool the band used to delay one last time...i know it doesnt make sense but they used buckethead once before for not doing a tour they would use him or any1 else agian maybe to extend deadlines or soemthing else we dont know about...either way I think Axl will keep bheads parts becaus eof what he brought to the table.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 10:51:52 PM »

Regardless of the shit that went down between Buckethead & Axl, I think his parts should stay in. For one, BH has a unique sound no ther guitarist can replicate , big deal if someone has to improvise them when they play live. And who knows? Maybe they`lll patch things up.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2004, 10:52:48 PM »

I'm with Falcon...my theory is that Axl was negotiating to get BH back in the band or at least to get his parts on the album up until Rio, but BH said no, and that the 'new' delays are because Axl is re-recording BH's parts  no

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2004, 11:07:13 PM »

I have the same feelings too...ill even go a step further and say that that whol epress release might have been a lil tool the band used to delay one last time...i know it doesnt make sense but they used buckethead once before for not doing a tour they would use him or any1 else agian maybe to extend deadlines or soemthing else we dont know about..

No more conspiracy theories YG, leave those to Oliver Stone.

.either way I think Axl will keep bheads parts becaus eof what he brought to the table.

There's no evidence this would be even an option, everybody else who has come and gone over the years has been literally erased from the sessions, no reason to think BH's fate wouldn't be the same.  

BH is a talented guy, but hardly irreplaceable.  We don't even know if he brought anything creatively to GNR in the first place. Even if he did, I'm sure there's more than a few who could copy his parts.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 12:43:07 AM »

There's no way in hell they're going to re-do any parts.  When the fuck is that album going to come out?  2011?  Yeah right.  This bullshit is going to end soon.  No way will Bucket's parts be re recorded.  I guarantee Buckethead will be back in the band anyway.
yagami1gnr
Headliner

Sultans of swing

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004, 12:46:44 AM »

It's easy to say that b'head parts are hardly be on the album. And I really don't care if he is, He is an amazing player without a doubt but many people considered him like the salvation of the new GNR, but there were two main parts that didn't go well with GNR.
1. Giving gifts away(supposed to be a rock band)
2. Ultra fast tapping in songs that didn't have that feel(Rocket queen, It's so easy)
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2004, 01:04:43 AM »

me too.. but if he doesnt come back i dont want his parts on the album. I dont want to hear an album full of songs i cant hear replicated live..
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2004, 01:12:48 AM »

do  you think Axl will keep Bucketheads part on CD?

rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl  rofl

No, no chance ... you might as well expect to hear Slash if you expect to hear Buckethead on CD ... if you hear it at all that is ...

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2004, 01:28:06 AM »

I think GnR (as much as I love em) is getting into the whole F.U.B.A.R realm. You can't wait 10 years to make a CD and then dump your guitarist and then expect to re-record. They did an ok time with delaying our wait with Live era and GH but theres only so much patients. I think after a while the Exec's are just gonna say "F*ck it" and drop em. But of course someone please prove me wrong.

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2004, 06:57:12 AM »

Buckethead's parts will prob be re-done but who can play like Buckethead confused I hope this mess is sorted out soon not a day goes by when I dont think about this album.

EEEERRRR Little boy
madagas
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2004, 07:21:46 AM »

Whatever is the most irrational thing to do, Axl will do it. So, there is my opinion. Which means, I have no idea what the fuck that crazy son of a bitch will do at this point. peace
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2004, 09:17:02 AM »

Well, I look back at Robin Finck's involvement as a point of reference.  When he left, he said in interviews while on tour with NIN that he just got frustrated that things were never going anywhere with GN'R.  Allegedly, that is the same reason why Buckethead left.  

Brian May was brought in, by his own account, to re-do some of Robin's parts.  So, I think it's definitely possible that some of Buckethead's parts will be re-done.

However, I also agree with the notion that it's not out of the realm of possibility that Buckethead will return at some point.  Robin's departure seemed to me to be acrimonious at the time, but he came back and seems to be committed to the band.

Ali
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: