Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:57:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will CD show that Axl isn't really a dic....tator
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will CD show that Axl isn't really a dic....tator  (Read 2557 times)
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« on: September 23, 2004, 01:25:21 PM »

Tommy has been quoted as saying that Axl lets then new band contribute songs etc for CD, so I was wondering if you thought CD will show the old band just had no creative ideas other than re-making Appetite about ten times, so Axl had to come up with all the ideas, and when they didn't like 'em they complained?! 

That's a hatrick for Doull
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 01:34:42 PM »

good thread...CD will show many things...

Axl is a dictator in the sense of running the overall show. But musically its going to be a complete band effort. SO thats a positive.

CD will also show if Axl really needs the old band to be at his best.

CD will either drop or raise Axl's status as a frontman.

Peopel talk about how CB is a focused album....CD will be a much more focused album in the true sense.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 02:20:55 PM »

IMO the old band wanted to look back to the past for inspiration and Axl wanted to look forward in the future for inspiration. This creative difference caused the old band to leave one by one. I think Axl has formed a band which is forward thinking like he is and gets the best out of each member. So I don`t think he is a dictator in that regard. But...he does have the final say.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 02:29:03 PM »

good thread...CD will show many things...

Axl is a dictator in the sense of running the overall show. But musically its going to be a complete band effort. SO thats a positive.

CD will either drop or raise Axl's status as a frontman.

Peopel talk about how CB is a focused album....CD will be a much more focused album in the true sense.

And the next album will show how much time he needs to record an album.

But I don't understand how an album could show if Axl's a dictator or not. If the songs are credited to all/most of the bandmembers, that'll show some way he's not a dictator. But if CD contains 15 rockers and only 3 ballads would it show that Axl's not a dictator? Well, the opposite'd be a sign, maybe. I'm sure that Axl's a dictator, but who cares if he is, since Nu-GN'R is his solo project and I rather want to hear his ideas than Dizzy's or Finck's or Tommy's. The fact that none of the other bandmembers have a clue about the release date and it seems that they were left out of the song selection and some of them are 'not in the loop' while recordings still go on(?) and hope that 'they'll put my parts to the mix' shows again that it's Axl's band now.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
AC
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »

If CD actually showed that Axl needed the old band it wouldn't get released. Axl is not a moron. CD is going to show the true talents of Axl and Guns N' Roses.

Aaron.

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 04:25:42 PM »

History shows that dictators have allways been psychopatic morons,who think the world revolves around them,and everyone under their comand loves them. This is not the case with Axl.He's just a man who's brilliant and he knows it.That's why he didn't want his name,reputation and artistic integrity trashed by a few nostalgic junkies.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 04:44:54 PM »

I'm glad that the band wanted to remake afd ten times Roll Eyes\

I don't know how this will show anything about axl, the music is taking forever, he has had up to 8 people to give ideas 3-4 guitar players.. How can the album not be good? It shows they took forever, most bands are doing world tours, being on the road and still give you albums quicker, these guys have nothing but free time and still everyone waits..

I would have loved a few afd type albums, so many bands stay with work like their first album, what's the problem? Go to any gnr board and do a poll and see what album is the favorite.. Imagine albums with powerfull rocking ballads and kick ass rockers, what would we have done..?

How many bands change and then people sit back and say their old stuff was the best.. ?

The thread question/body could have been asked a little better.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2004, 07:05:24 PM »

Axl may like to control the band, but he has always made room for the other band members to contibute. Look at the Ill's.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2004, 07:16:55 PM »

Axl is the boss in the band no doubt on it. But I think he is a guy who wants to feel that the rest of the members he works with are involved in that whole project: this is a collaboration, a band's work, but the final decision is taken by Axl.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2004, 10:23:43 PM »

Axl has already proven to me with 'The Blues' and 'Madagascar' that he doesn't need his former band mates.? If the day of Chinese Democracy ok ever dawns I truly believe the rest of the critics will be silenced as well.? Well, you can never completely silence them all but you either prove them right or expose them as just mere, mindless jack-asses.? I believe that's what CD will accomplish.

LionGoddess
Headliner

" I might be a little young but honey I ain't naive."

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2004, 10:27:43 PM »

Until CD is actually released noone will know the role that the new members play.

Just because you win don't mean you're the lucky one.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: