Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:50:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will Axl release CD before he dies?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Axl release CD before he dies?  (Read 6004 times)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« on: January 13, 2005, 09:54:55 AM »

I know it seems like a morbid question, but it has been my theory for a long time that he is such a perfectionist that we won't get chinese democracy before he dies. But once he dies we could get 2-3 records, since they will want to capitalize on his death.  I been thinking more and more about this look at Dimebag Darrel. THey are releaseing a clothing line (that he was sorta interested in) now that he is dead. Look at Hendrix and how much more has been released since his death compared to his life. Same thing with bands like Nirvana.

Anyone else think we will have to wait until the unfortunate day that Axl passes away to get new cds from him?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 09:59:51 AM »

i'd rather not have the guy dead..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 10:04:30 AM »

Will Axl release CD before he dies?

yes.
granted its taking years...
but it will be released.
and then all this will be but just a memory  peace
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 10:06:36 AM »

If I could get CD I'd won't be too sad with Axl dieing... there is no difference now wheather he's dead or alive. ?We don't see him, don't get any music from him and not even a single message for his fans.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 10:08:22 AM »

and then all this will be but just a memory? peace

well i hope you have enjoyed yourself beer

there sure be dug up some material after his death, but we'll see a bunch of albums b4 that peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 10:12:50 AM »

there is no difference now wheather he's dead or alive. ?

um... I think there IS  difference to him and to those of us who care about him not just getting our hands on his music  Angry
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 10:24:50 AM »

If I could get CD I'd won't be too sad with Axl dieing... there is no difference now wheather he's dead or alive. ?We don't see him, don't get any music from him and not even a single message for his fans.

Personally I think there's something really wrong with that opinion.

Actually this whole thread is stupid.

Usually the best artists are the ones who don't make music for you or me, they make it for themselves. Then if we're lucky they release it and we can enjoy it. Maybe even relate to the things they're singing about.

If you want to have you new material every year, go listen to something else.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 10:28:06 AM »

I know it seems like a morbid question, but it has been my theory for a long time that he is such a perfectionist that we won't get chinese democracy before he dies. But once he dies we could get 2-3 records, since they will want to capitalize on his death.? I been thinking more and more about this look at Dimebag Darrel. THey are releaseing a clothing line (that he was sorta interested in) now that he is dead. Look at Hendrix and how much more has been released since his death compared to his life. Same thing with bands like Nirvana.

Anyone else think we will have to wait until the unfortunate day that Axl passes away to get new cds from him?

the only way anyone will ever hear CD is when they pry it from axl's cold, dead hands.....
Philly Rose
Crazy AND German
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 10:33:43 AM »

I know it seems like a morbid question, but it has been my theory for a long time that he is such a perfectionist that we won't get chinese democracy before he dies. But once he dies we could get 2-3 records, since they will want to capitalize on his death.  I been thinking more and more about this look at Dimebag Darrel. THey are releaseing a clothing line (that he was sorta interested in) now that he is dead. Look at Hendrix and how much more has been released since his death compared to his life. Same thing with bands like Nirvana.

the only way anyone will ever hear CD is when they pry it from axl's cold, dead hands.....
nah; axl has young blue hands  ok  and he isnt a perfectionist; I guess he is a day by day flyin' walker, still tryin to spray fortune and a lucky livin all over; yeah that has to be true, and perhaps a reason he still holds CD back.

Forget about me. You can't tell me.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 11:19:15 AM »

Will Axl release CD before he dies?
He will never release it after he dies.
Apparently the dead can?t release any CD.

The record company can, but I?d rather not see such a release.
In that case, the album won?t have been what an artist thinks it should be. Without all GNR members? approval, it won?t be the Chinese Democracy. It?s not really the one we?re waiting for.

No offence but I?d rather not stumble upon this kinda kinky thread any more.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 12:37:18 PM »

The scary thing is , just like us all Axl is only human. And his age is getting up there .. he could die from a heart attack , stroke , bad botox injection or what have you tomorrow. he could cross the street and get slammed by a bus. It would be a damn shame if Axl didnt get a chance to see his hard work come full circle and consumed by the public mass.

Maybe the album isnt finished , maybe axl doesnt have cofidence in the material , maybe the label doesnt have confidence in the material , maybe theres legal problems .. who knows?

All we can do is sit around and speculate when , where and why the album isnt out and when it will be.

The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2005, 12:50:25 PM »

wtf? just becuz u dont hear from a guy makes it ok for him to be dead? that's fucked up man

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2005, 01:41:16 PM »

Well I don't know about Axl having to die but at his current rate, I'll be dead before it comes out hihi
Some of you folks take this man a little too seriously...but that's your perogative I guess...have Fun ok
takeshi
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2005, 02:35:43 PM »

He might as well be dead, he's already buried himself. Undecided
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2005, 02:47:12 PM »

I agree with Jarmo that this thread is stupid. No one can answer such a question. It's possible Axl could pass tomorrow (God forbid) and then he won't have lived to see it release, or he can live to he is 100 and I'd like to think it would be released in some fashion before then. In the end, CD doesn't really matter. I just hope Axl lives a long, happy, life.
takeshi
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2005, 03:49:23 PM »

I agree with Jarmo that this thread is stupid. No one can answer such a question. It's possible Axl could pass tomorrow (God forbid) and then he won't have lived to see it release, or he can live to he is 100 and I'd like to think it would be released in some fashion before then. In the end, CD doesn't really matter. I just hope Axl lives a long, happy, life.

99% of the threads on this forum are based on asking questions that we can never answer because Axl won't tell us what the heck is going on.  Without any real information or events to talk about we're left with baseless specuation.

I hope Axl lives a long happy life as well with the exception of one ass kicking he deserves for not getting the album done.
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2005, 05:08:01 PM »

i think he will release the album when Geffen starts sue him for spending money of the company and not getting an album done , Axl has to have a contract were no one can force him to release the album if he doesnt wants , but if he does not take the album in a couple of years then Geffen will sue him probably.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2005, 05:17:02 PM »

Whatever it takes.........
Elrothiel
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2005, 05:21:23 PM »

OK, first thing I thought when I read the title of this thread:
"Bloody hell I hope so, and omg! What a horrible way to ask if ChiDem's coming out any time soon!"
Seriously! Its a horrible way to think! You, Takeshi wouldn't give a shit about Axl just so long as he released Chinese Democracy! But don't you ever think what will happen AFTER ChiDem's been released!? Don't you ever give a second of your thoughts to what might come after this long wait has come to an end!? If you don't, then you are a very shallow individual who can't see past the hysteria of ChiDem to what could be in store for you afterwards.
Chinese Democracy is not the be-all and end-all for Gn'R fans! Sure, its an important album, and I can't wait to get it, but Axl is not going to die the day after he releases it! He'll still be around (hopefully) to write more songs and create more albums!
Takeshi, you sicken me.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2005, 05:47:40 PM »

and create more albums!

That we'll never get to hear.  Grin

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: