Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:59:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will Axl say something like this? ( Sebastian Bach Interview )
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Axl say something like this? ( Sebastian Bach Interview )  (Read 5364 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: November 24, 2005, 10:57:12 PM »

Sebastian Bach did some shows here in Brazil last week, unfornately I did not go  Undecided
but MTV Brazil did a interview with him and asked him some questions about "why Skid Row broke up" etc... and asked about his formers friends and a possible reunion in the future, he said something like this:

"I don?t think so... I don?t even know those guys anymore, don?t know if they can play like they used to, don?t know them as humans beings... their style of rock n roll are more like mainstream rock, I?m from the melodic rock n roll... etc..." but he was ALWAYS smiling, facing the questions and always acting like "don?t be afraid of asking me these question, I will not bite you for that" ... you know?

I?m just thinking what will happen when Axl start to face this question, and if he will face it normaly like if he?s preparing himself for that the last 10 years...

what your opinion??

( sorry the english  Grin )

saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 12:00:35 AM »

he will act like roger waters, except roger's albums do come out
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 01:51:32 AM »

I seem to remember when he did radio interviews in 2002 the dj's said that they were not allowed to ask certain questions. I assume those questions were about the old band.

If Axl does ever come back he will eventually have to face questions about the old band though. He probably just doesn't want to do so until Chinese Democracy has been released and has been successful. That way he will be able to say, "see, I didn't need Slash to make a great record." Either that is the reason or its just that he wants to talk about what happened with the old band on his terms. Meaning not in response to some dj's questions, but rather in an interview with Kurt Loder or in a message posted on the internet or something like that. That way he will be able to fully explain his side of the story.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 02:06:26 AM »

Maybe Axl doesnt wish to discuss the old band in anyway. I mean the past is the past and perhaps Axl prefers not to linger on it and preoccupy his mind with "what ifs" or "if I had done this, would that ever have happend?". Axl is a firm believer in letting the music do the talkin, so instead of some interview where he lets the skeletons out of his closet, he should instead invest those feelings into his lyrics. Axl's been working with a new band for years and years now, so when he does return Im more cuious about what went on behind those closed doors, not the closed doors of 10+ years ago..

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 03:54:44 AM »

I would like Axl himself reactions.... That will be interesting.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 04:11:54 AM »

he will act like roger waters, except roger's albums do come out

Roger has actually mellow with David and Rick... im sure they will do some final shows. Long live Pink Floyd!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 09:45:05 AM »

like AxlsMainMan, I'm not interested in the old drama very much, unless it's critically relevant to the new chapter I'm keen on. I want to know about the guys who made the album we're waiting for now. Lets bygones be Bygones.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2005, 11:30:29 AM »

like AxlsMainMan, I'm not interested in the old drama very much, unless it's critically relevant to the new chapter I'm keen on. I want to know about the guys who made the album we're waiting for now. Lets bygones be Bygones.

In the same regards, I think once CD is in fact released, Slash, Duff, etc are gunna be interviewed left right and centre about their thoughts on the record and the abilities od the new band and make no mistake, if they blast or criticize them even mildly, I cant see Axl hesitating to fire back, whether it be reopening what happened in the past from his point of view, or criticizing Contraband for the turd it was...that is if he didnt like it hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2005, 11:38:31 AM »

Agree with ppbebe and axlsmainman trying to ask something that is already the past and things that at least we have some sort of information has nothing to do with the line up right now. So people or the interviewr at least has to focus on present performances.

No man can be my equal
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2005, 11:43:43 AM »

I'd like to know axl's thoughts on hsi mates that helped make him what he is today, at least fame wise.. it's pretty lame to not be able to answer some questions.. if you use the gnr name you have to accept what goes with it..
Reminds me of ace on howard stern who wouldn't talk about KISS..

If axl's new guys become the real deal the questions will answer themselves, but most peole don't know so a little update would be nice.. Axl's always so into hating rumors or lies so why not let the words come from his mouth..?
CDesigner
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2005, 01:20:49 PM »

Maybe Axl doesnt wish to discuss the old band in anyway... Axl's been working with a new band for years and years now...

then, pardon the dead horse beating, why is he calling it guns n' roses? if he doesn't want to deal with the history of the name, he shouldn't be able to reap the benefits that come with the name.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2005, 01:31:30 PM »

of course he will face A LOT of questions like that, couse I?m hoping that when he decide to come back, he will come back FOR REAL... I mean, not for release the cd, make 4 months of tour and just desapear and not doing interviews anymore.... so, of course he will have to answer questions like that... but my point is, HOW he will answer or HOW he will deal with it?? Sebastian did answer those questions LAUGHTING, SMILING.... you know, like he doens?t care how the old Skid Row?s fans will react or if he didnt have to "bring the old story back" just to respond the reporter... he was not angry with those questions, not at all.......... but our Red head is different (?)  hihi

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2005, 01:41:48 PM »

Well certainly we dont know what Axl's statements will be, but I will be totally interested in reading his statements about his friends if he ever give them. Of course statements that arent insultative as those who said in some concerts about Slash specially.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 01:46:35 PM by Carlos GMS » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2005, 01:49:51 PM »

Maybe Axl doesnt wish to discuss the old band in anyway... Axl's been working with a new band for years and years now...

then, pardon the dead horse beating, why is he calling it guns n' roses? if he doesn't want to deal with the history of the name, he shouldn't be able to reap the benefits that come with the name.

He's calling it Guns N' Roses for a variety of reasons. Some we know for certain and others we can only speculate on. I guess first and foremost, Axl feels a genuine emotional attachment to the name and there is always the fact that he helped create the band from the ground up and still to this day, he is the only member who hasnt thrown in the towel and called it a day. I think this is Guns N' Roses musically and lyrically that Axl was desperate to make a reality when the old band was together, but of course certain members didnt quite see eye to eye on the prospect of evolving and trying something new. Axl didnt want GnR to become a one trick pony and musically burn out when he still had so much more to offer. To me Axl was the driving force then and he will be when the new album comes to light. Why does he have to revolve around the history of the band? It is just that - History. Slash and the boys certainly have moved on and are bored to death of the GnR related Qs, so why is it not fair for Axl to leave the past in the past and move onwards? The benefits Axl reaps are those of his to reap. If the old band was still together theyd have a portion of the benfits too, but theyve all moved on as has Axl.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Ax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2005, 04:28:31 PM »

The people saying that they are only interested in the new band and want to leave the past in the past are kidding themselves. The general public and interviewers are going to want to know how one of the greatest bands of all time just fell apart. Slash, Duff and the other guys are still asked all this time later about what happened with gnr and they have answered the question about a million times before. So obviously when Axl has never given his answer to the question people are going to want to know what happened from his perspective.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2005, 04:41:29 PM »

I tell you this if Axl answer those question, kindly or in an angry way, is 100% probable that people will keep asking again and again and again, press is like that even if you say the same thing over and over again, I don't know why press still ask for controversy  Undecided

No man can be my equal
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2005, 04:46:19 PM »

Well right, regardless of Axl's position about talking or not about the past, the questions will be made...
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2005, 05:06:15 PM »

Axl already released a written statement about the old band. I forget where its at though.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2005, 05:15:10 PM »

Sebastian was a dick for the way he talked about Skid Row after they broke up.

Saying shit like Skid Row sucked and he wished he never played with them before and shit like that.

And i don;'t know if those guys can play like they used to? WTF they are still touring as Skid Row aren't they. They kicked ass in 2002 when I saw them. I think he's a fucking awesome singer (and he's Canadian too ok ) but why does he have to be such an ass sometimes? He'd be nowhere without Skid Row they made him. rant

Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2005, 05:40:10 PM »

I think its in our nature -- men --  to act like idiots.  beer not always of course Tongue
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: