Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:15:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227925 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  will "chinese democracy" suffer the fate of "dangerous"?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: will "chinese democracy" suffer the fate of "dangerous"?  (Read 13117 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2006, 03:02:54 AM »

I'm always open to new stuff... Maybe that's why I like Rhiad so much.
Thats a bold statement.? So you're saying people who dont like Riyadh are closed minded?
No. I said MAYBE people open minded - like me, I guess - could like the song more than closed minded ones.

My musical tastes range from Slayer, Death Angel, Veruca Salt to Barry Manilow, The Cure, and Peter Tosh. I'm very open minded, and so are others here and it still doesn't make Riyadh any less irritating to our ears.
I may be wrong, but I bet once people hear a better version of Rhiad (soundboard or studio) it will change a lot of people's opinion about it.
I agree with that. Its a very unconventional song, and I would definitely like to hear the studio version before making a final judgement. I wonder if he regrets playing the song live without people hearing an album version? Its obviously the kind of song that doesn't go over well live, or at least on bootlegs. hihi Maybe it sounded better if you were actually there at the show. I dont know. He sounds terrible, and in my opinion, its his worst live moment. I can imagine the fans being disinterested, and I can imagine him being frustrated at the crowd reaction and how he sounds singing it. You want another GNR riot? Have Axl sing Riyadh a few times in a row. hihi

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2006, 06:10:23 AM »

You should pay some attention to the instrumental of the song. It's their best work IMHO (though I've been listening to IRS more carefully and can def hear great rhythm guitars and bass).

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2006, 07:01:25 AM »

ive lost any faith i had in axl. www.wikipedia.com, search axl rose, when you read about what he plans to do with chinese democracy and its "follow ups" and then you listen to I.R.S, its like....rock with hip-hop ghetto beats and then a bit of industrial thrown into the mix. id rather him take out the crappy hip-hop element and make a good album.

html sucks
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2006, 09:41:18 AM »

Axl Rose spoke with MTV News' Kurt Loder by phone from Los Angeles on Monday, November 8, and he had quite a bit of light to shed on all things Guns N' Roses...

Loder: What have you been doing for the last six and a half years, since the last tour ended?

Rose: Trying to figure out how to make a record.

Loder: Ah, you already knew how to do that, right?

Rose: I originally wanted to make a traditional record or try to get back to an "Appetite [For Destruction]" thing or something, because that would have been a lot easier for me to do. I was involved in a lot of lawsuits for Guns N' Roses and in my own personal life, so I didn't have a lot of time to try and develop a new style or re-invent myself, so I was hoping to write a traditional thing, but I was not really allowed to do that.

Loder: What prevented you from doing, like, a traditional rock record?

Rose: Slash.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Warren
« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2006, 09:44:48 AM »

Axl Rose spoke with MTV News' Kurt Loder by phone from Los Angeles on Monday, November 8, and he had quite a bit of light to shed on all things Guns N' Roses...

Loder: What have you been doing for the last six and a half years, since the last tour ended?

Rose: Trying to figure out how to make a record.

Loder: Ah, you already knew how to do that, right?

Rose: I originally wanted to make a traditional record or try to get back to an "Appetite [For Destruction]" thing or something, because that would have been a lot easier for me to do. I was involved in a lot of lawsuits for Guns N' Roses and in my own personal life, so I didn't have a lot of time to try and develop a new style or re-invent myself, so I was hoping to write a traditional thing, but I was not really allowed to do that.

Loder: What prevented you from doing, like, a traditional rock record?

Rose: Slash.

Slash wanted to do a NIN record probably. hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2006, 09:50:04 AM »

Or didn't want to record the songs Axl wanted to record.....  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2006, 01:22:38 PM »

Last I checked, nothing anyone has released has come close to matching "Thriller" in terms of sales. ?It sold over 50,000,000 copies and was still far ahead of everything last time I saw the figures.

Oasis has sold around the same amount of albums in the UK...

Or so Ive read in the Oasis thread... hihi

I meant as far as one specific album, head-to-head, no one has matched "Thriller's" album sales.? There's probably alot of bands that have surpassed that number with multiple releases combined.

snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2006, 07:12:06 PM »

By Michaels standards Vince didn?t do wonderfully, but it wasn?t necessarily a huge flop. It?s record sales were still better than most other artists out there. And it wasn?t ignored. Fact is, it just wasn?t a very good album.

But Blood on the Dancefloor is actually Michael?s best work. Obviously not the remixes (yuck) but the five original songs -and this is something that most MJ fans seem to agree on. I guess the only problem there is that many casual or non fans don?t know about the hidden treasure that is Morphine or Is It Scary, and so will never see that side of Michael.

Does an artist have to sacrifice a level of talent so the pop consumers can swallow their music easily, or just hope that their music is that good that it will be accepted? How much commercial credibility will the songs from CD actually have, especially if people keep using words like Epic to describe them?

When most people found out he was a child molester in the mid 1990's

jameslofton29,  I have to nit pick? ?Found out??? You say that as if it?s fact. It?s not.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2006, 07:18:53 PM »

jameslofton29,? I have to nit pick? ?Found out??? You say that as if it?s fact. It?s not.

Oh,cmon! There's a dead thread in The Jungle where blind people discuss that topic. Maybe you should resurrect it. Any man who sleeps with children and takes Webster out on a date instead of Brooke Shields has serious issues and needs help. Thats all I'll say on that subject.

snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2006, 07:30:44 PM »

none of that is illegal. it doesnt make him a paedophile. nore does it deal with the fact that though thesedays he may not be breaking records, he's still doing better than basically every artist out there in sales.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2006, 11:41:11 PM »

none of that is illegal. it doesnt make him a paedophile. nore does it deal with the fact that though thesedays he may not be breaking records, he's still doing better than basically every artist out there in sales.

Soooo your saying you'd let your kids sleep with him...? hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
speed-stone
Banned
Rocker

...i fell in love and baby...

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2006, 04:26:52 AM »

jameslofton29,? I have to nit pick? ?Found out??? You say that as if it?s fact. It?s not.

Oh,cmon! There's a dead thread in The Jungle where blind people discuss that topic. Maybe you should resurrect it. Any man who sleeps with children and takes Webster out on a date instead of Brooke Shields has serious issues and needs help. Thats all I'll say on that subject.
well if that's your conclusion, it's sad. michael jackson is the best and most caring person you can imagine, so says anyone who has ever known him. his own lack of childhood makes him want to reach out to children today, and in addition to that, he thinks too highly of people so he expresses himself a little naive sometimes to the media, which money hungry losers of course take advantage of. his kindness makes him an easy victim, and it's sad. now go gobble up the rest of what the media has to say. oh, by the way, did you hear that axl's ex-girlffriend accused him of raping her? must be true then, after all, it was in the media. nervous

i see the light at the end, but everytime i take a step, it gets dim... tell me is this hell we're living in? if so, heaven's gotta be better, but if we're hellbound, whatever, it's going down.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2006, 07:10:23 AM »

did you hear that axl's ex-girlffriend accused him of raping her? must be true then, after all, it was in the media. nervous
There's a big difference in being accused of rape then there is in admitting you sleep with children. He likes kids? So what. I like kids too. I have some really cool cousins who come over ocassionally to play my video games. Sometimes they even stay the night. But I dont sleep with them, and cant imagine a psycho that would want to. Well, there's one psycho that would, and he's the topic of this discussion.

snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2006, 11:06:07 PM »

And here I was thinking this was the Guns N Roses forum...
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2006, 11:13:30 PM »

And here I was thinking this was the Guns N Roses forum...
It is. You're the one that turned the topic from comparisons to MJ albums to questioning whether MJ sleeps with kids.

Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2006, 11:47:13 PM »

Or didn't want to record the songs Axl wanted to record.....? Tongue

/jarmo

Jarmo, what happened to Jeff Boerio?  I know he was friends with Robert John, did he lose his insight after John and Axl had a falling out?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #76 on: February 08, 2006, 01:25:07 AM »

Or didn't want to record the songs Axl wanted to record.....? Tongue

/jarmo

Jarmo, what happened to Jeff Boerio?? I know he was friends with Robert John, did he lose his insight after John and Axl had a falling out?

He still runs the mailinglist. Regarding his connections to GN'R, I have no idea.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: