Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:25:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will anyone else be disappointed if there is no new guitarist at the New Shows?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will anyone else be disappointed if there is no new guitarist at the New Shows?  (Read 7461 times)
Steel_Angel
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2006, 04:05:10 PM »

There will be a third guitarist, thats why there are auditions  hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2006, 04:10:22 PM »

Absolutely not.

Axl could be up their karaoking and Im suremost of the crowd wouldnt give a shit.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2006, 04:13:34 PM »

This isn't supposed to be a "will Slash be there" type of thread, just a general question of whether you wil be bummed if it is only Finck and Fortus.

For the life of me I can't figure out how they could play without a 3rd guy, as any new music had three guitarists on it when it was written we are lead to believe. Not to mention that neither Finck nor Fortus can handle Slash or Buckethead's solos in a way that does them justice. Not to say they aren't solid players, but neither fall into that category of "special" the way Slash or Bucket.

I just fear that a concert with just the 2 of them will be a little underwhelming, as I can't imagine how Robin would play the nightrain solo, or the final part of PC, or even Buckethead's TWAT or IRS solos (assuming they play some new stuff).

Let's all keep our fingers crossed we don't have to worry about this come next weekend.

I disagree. Finck and Fortus are quite capable of handling any solo played by Slash, and I wouldn't even want to hear Buckethead's stuff being repeated by anyone, his material is better left off the songs as I felt it was uninspired. But that's for another topic.

I also think that Fortus and Finck are more than enough as far as guitarists go. Any song/part can be rearranged to fit two guitarists instead of three (I never really understood why they needed three guitarists). But I wouldn't realy feel anything either way, to be honest. Whatever decision Axl has made regarding that issue means we're one less decision closer to CD.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2006, 04:24:33 PM »

I can't comment on that until I hear how they did.

I have absolutely no doubt that they could handle the old GNR stuff with their eyes closed. Finck may be a tad sloppy in some of the more boring solos, but he tears a new one out of some of them too.

As for the new material, it isn't physically possible to play the songs as they sound in the demos with only 2 guitar players. As far as we know Buckethead's work is still on the album, so quite how they are going to play those songs live is beyond me. If they have written him out altogether then there is a danger they will sound flat.

We'll have to wait and see. I do fear that Axl hasn't thought about it. People say that he won't make the same mistakes twice, but he would. He is the most lazy and unprofessional person in music. I bet to this day Axl hasn't yet rehearsed and probably hasn't done much singing in years. He'll stroll up on the morning of the gig and try to do it in a one off rehearsal, then promptly miss the soundcheck. He'll do fine but I would expect Axl at the NYC shows to be as rusty as his ginger pubes, with the poor sound techs having a nightmare night.

Lazy and unprofessonal? What are you talking about. How is Axl lazy or umprofessional? Axl is one of the most hardest working people in music, if he was lazy he would just throw an album together and put it out there every year to make money but axl works his ass off making the best possible album that he can. As for unprofessional? Again how is he? Because BH quit on him? Just listen to what people say about BH when he was in gnr and what they had to do to get him to record? They had to talk to his hand puppet and they had to built him a chicken coop in the studio.

Axl rarely rehearses with the band so he can save his voice for the shows, plus he is been singing in the studio for the tracks so dont worry about it.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Z
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2006, 04:34:37 PM »

They had to talk to his hand puppet

dave, you're kidding...................right??!??

As far as this topic goes..........as long as Axl, Robin, Tommy, Richard, Brain & Dizzy show up...........I'm fine.

And Chris too!!!
Gaerder
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2006, 04:42:12 PM »

naa.. Rob' n' Rich' can do it...
(btw,sometime axl's voice sound like a guitar Roll Eyes )

As far as this topic goes..........as long as Axl, Robin, Tommy, Richard, Brain & Dizzy show up...........I'm fine.

And Chris too!!!

woohoo go Chris!  peace

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2006, 04:44:37 PM »

Richard and Robin will shut everybody's up next week. Their talent and chemistry will speak for themself.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2006, 04:57:13 PM »

Richard and Robin will shut everybody's up next week. Their talent and chemistry will speak for themself.

Man, I must have been watching a different concert than everyone else when I saw them in Cleveland and Columbus in 02, because all I remember was being blown away by Buckethead's skill and precision, but shaking my head at how sloppily Robin plays live. To think that taking the bands best guitar player is somehow going to make the band better leaves me scratching my head a little, but I guess if everyone is happy with what's left that is all that matters.

TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2006, 05:09:31 PM »

If there's no 3rd guitarist, there's no 3rd guitarist, oh well.

I think it'll be MORE INTERESTING however, if there is a 3rd guitarist and it's just some guy. Like what if it's not Lenny Kravitz, Brian May, Izzy, Slash, Gilby, all the rumors. What if it's just Joe Schmoe?

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2006, 05:32:53 PM »

Axl is one of the most hardest working people in music,

hihi
please quantify this absurd statement

no albums, canceled tours, abandoning gigs, erratic recording schedules, no rehearsals, no soundchecks, no interviews, no videos, no songs?

Hardworking??

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2006, 05:52:58 PM »

I can't see Finck playing that ripping solo in Better I know that much. That was the reason Bucket was there in the first place.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2006, 06:43:20 PM »

Buckethead leaving reminds me of when LA traded Shaquille O Neal.

Saying GNR will be better without Bucket is like saying LA were better after Shaq got traded.

I've said this 5 billion times.

U cannot replace one of the greatest most legendary guitarist in musical history *Slash* with Robin Finck and NSync Fortus.

Bucket's talent gave him a great chance but these other two cant fill Slash's shoes.

So losing bucket to me is a huge blow to the band.

If I am proven wrong ill admit to it.

boston
Rocker

diytvrocks.com

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2006, 06:46:48 PM »

Saying GNR will be better without Bucket is like saying LA were better after Shaq got traded.

U cannot replace one of the greatest most legendary guitarist in musical history *Slash* with Robin Finck and NSync Fortus.

Bucket's talent gave him a great chance but these other two cant fill Slash's shoes.

your cool...not

as far as im concerned, nsync probably pays to have the best session guitarist available. are you saying if you were and up and coming guitarist, you wouldn't have done some sessions with them?

and as far as bucket goes, sure he's good and all, but i expected so much more. his lead on "better" sounds like an outdated 80's shredfest. the finck solo is where it's at
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 06:48:38 PM by boston » Logged

D.I.Y. TV SITE LINK

http://www.diytvrocks.com
Takemedown
Headliner

Livin' Life Full Throttle

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2006, 07:02:50 PM »

I can't say i'll be dissapointed, since I don't have any expectations. But it sure would be nice to see a couple of the real gunners up there with Axl!  yes
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2006, 07:11:42 PM »

Just leave it as Fink and Fortus.. Thats what i want...
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2006, 07:39:35 PM »

hell no!
I'm not even expecting a new guitarist. If there's a new one, I'll be surprised, but if there isn't, it'll be indifferent for me.
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2006, 07:57:30 PM »

Well, there is obviously someone new...we'll all know in 7 days.  Grin
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2006, 08:45:41 PM »

your cool...not

as far as im concerned, nsync probably pays to have the best session guitarist available. are you saying if you were and up and coming guitarist, you wouldn't have done some sessions with them?

and as far as bucket goes, sure he's good and all, but i expected so much more. his lead on "better" sounds like an outdated 80's shredfest. the finck solo is where it's at

Dude I live on 25 dollars a week, I am an up and coming musician and I WOULDNT play for fuckin Nsync for all the money in the world.

So dont start rationalizing this.

bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2006, 08:48:04 PM »

While I am certainly not an authority on guitar skills, why does everyone think Fortus can't handle slashes solos?

I am a huge fan of slash, as he was the main reason I picked up a guitar in the first place. ?However, Fortus is very good and can play anything live that one might want. ?He handled several solos in 2002 and there is no reason to think if bucket is out, that Fortus couldn't pick up plenty more solos and execute them very well. ?

I must say, at times, like many people here, ?I thought Robin played some lazy appetite solos. ?But, on the leaks, his work has made me optimistic about his work on CD.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2006, 09:21:46 PM »

Goddamn right. I cannot wait! I hope it IS just the two of them so they show EVERYONE else whos been in the band uP!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: