Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 02:24:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will Axl wear a kilt at the Glasgow show on 21st July
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Axl wear a kilt at the Glasgow show on 21st July  (Read 9556 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2006, 07:30:27 PM »

I wonder if Axl's shit will have a green tint to it when he plays Ireland........

He should just get into a fight again to honor Ireland  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2006, 11:05:01 PM »

And Hockey. hihi

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Malibu
Opening Act

there's a method to this madness...

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2006, 12:07:58 AM »

I remember reading a story about Pete Townshend circa 1975. All people in the front row would yell was "jump, Pete, jump", "do the windmill". All people wanted was to see was Pete replicate the aerobatic jumps of his youth. He found it depressing and somewhat humiliating. I think Axl must be thinking the same.

i definately agree with you there.. an awful lot of people seem to want Axl to do things the same way he would have back in the old days, which is understandable, but must be hard on him.  He's changed, and maybe he wants to get past all the old 80s & 90s stuff that he did.. yes it was awesome when he did it back then, but it is not back then anymore.. it must be hard for him to try and move forward, when so many people want to be reminded of the early days.  He's changed, Guns n' Roses has changed, and I don't think a kilt really fits in with the new music of the band.  i think that yes, a kilt would be good for one of the songs from the old days, but i just can't seem to picture him singing "Better" in one.   

Either way, he's gonna so what he's gonna do, so i'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show!!   hihi

funny how everything was roses when we held onto the guns
and just because you're winning don't mean you're the lucky one...
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2006, 12:30:36 AM »

I remember reading a story about Pete Townshend circa 1975. All people in the front row would yell was "jump, Pete, jump", "do the windmill". All people wanted was to see was Pete replicate the aerobatic jumps of his youth. He found it depressing and somewhat humiliating. I think Axl must be thinking the same.

i definately agree with you there.. an awful lot of people seem to want Axl to do things the same way he would have back in the old days, which is understandable, but must be hard on him.  He's changed, and maybe he wants to get past all the old 80s & 90s stuff that he did.. yes it was awesome when he did it back then, but it is not back then anymore.. it must be hard for him to try and move forward, when so many people want to be reminded of the early days.  He's changed, Guns n' Roses has changed, and I don't think a kilt really fits in with the new music of the band.  i think that yes, a kilt would be good for one of the songs from the old days, but i just can't seem to picture him singing "Better" in one.   

Either way, he's gonna so what he's gonna do, so i'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show!!   hihi

Well yeah, hes moved on but still released nothing new. Can you really blame people? If thats really wants going on its a case of someone trying to have a shitload of cake and eat it all too.
Malibu
Opening Act

there's a method to this madness...

« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2006, 01:04:24 AM »

i don't blame people at all, thats why i said its understandable for people to want him to reinvent the old shows (and i guess i am one of them) .. i mean, i love the old days, like 'em more than the new, to be honest, but i'm just agreeing with the statement made by alternativemonkey as well - its going to be hard for Axl to make the transition, if that is in fact what he intends to do.

but like i said before.. whatever he and the current Gn'R lineup are up to, whatever it is they do, i'll be watching!

funny how everything was roses when we held onto the guns
and just because you're winning don't mean you're the lucky one...
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2006, 07:18:40 AM »

oh for god's sake - this came about because axl used to wear a kilt a lot - it wasnt even a one-off.  I dont think he should be re-creating his look from the early 90's on a regular basis at all ) lets face it, most of his outfits wouldnt really suit him that much these days.  but - it was a lighthearted, fun idea that maybe - in order to show some recognition to the people of scotland that Guns have never played there - it *might* have been a cool thing to do - to come on a kilt for one song.

its quite far removed from turban wearing in delhi or akubra wearing in Oz - seeing as Axl used to wear a kilt on stage a fair bit.  its no big deal - I just thought it would be a cool way for them to acknowledge the kilt finally appearing in the right country at the gig!

ok
Millions
Headliner

It burns when I pee...

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2006, 09:18:06 AM »

Hehe - not laughed so much in ages. Loved the responses to my wee rant about Axl in a kilt being racist / the turban comparison. You turkeys are just too easy to wind up. I'm shaking my head sadly at you all right now.
Evolution
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2006, 10:38:52 AM »

A bait and switch! But yeah it's not as if we demand Axl recreate his wardrobe for us. It's just a small comment that he used to wear them, and maybe for a small joke he will whip out a kilt for Glasgow.  ok
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2006, 10:46:08 AM »

A bait and switch! But yeah it's not as if we demand Axl recreate his wardrobe for us. It's just a small comment that he used to wear them, and maybe for a small joke he will whip out a kilt for Glasgow.? ok

I think once Axl see's you in you're kilt at Glasgow, he'll be too disgusted to even consider wearing one.. hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2006, 04:45:26 PM »

maybe he will now, according to this it's getting popular hihi
http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1536111/07112006/guns_n_roses.jhtml

shit happens when you party naked
Evolution
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2006, 09:38:09 PM »

A bait and switch! But yeah it's not as if we demand Axl recreate his wardrobe for us. It's just a small comment that he used to wear them, and maybe for a small joke he will whip out a kilt for Glasgow.  ok

I think once Axl see's you in you're kilt at Glasgow, he'll be too disgusted to even consider wearing one.. hihi

Until you see my pins in a kilt, you cannot comment!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: