Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 10:37:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will Axl Use Andrew Morahan For New Videos?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Axl Use Andrew Morahan For New Videos?  (Read 8476 times)
ComeOnAxl!
Rocker

Sup Ya Brew 2 !

« on: July 03, 2007, 02:12:52 PM »

Guy who did, November Rain, Estranged, Don't Cry. Do you think Axl will use this guy for new videos?

Bow!
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 02:23:38 PM »

hope not
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 02:25:22 PM »

Axl said that he now thinks that those video's are corny....anyhow it would really surprise me.

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
American Hellhound
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 02:29:41 PM »

Axl said that he now thinks that those video's are corny....anyhow it would really surprise me.

It would really surprise me to see a new Guns' video period, regardless of who produces them.
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 02:35:53 PM »

Del James will produce new videos

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 03:06:21 PM »

Maybe they won't bother with music videos.  Let's face it, music videos are a waste of money these days, nobody really cares about them anymore.  All the money today at least in the US mainstream market is in radio airplay and getting your songs used in commercials and all that shit, because hit singles get downloaded on iTunes and get downloaded as ringtones, pathetic but true, but labels and artists are making a killing off fucking ringtones these days.  Music videos are expensive and not very productive
elcharlie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 03:08:57 PM »

i hope not, that moron is to stuck up, he thinks he's it. why not axl direct them, or the whole group throw in ideas not just one guy!!!!
American Hellhound
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 03:12:49 PM »

i hope not, that moron is to stuck up, he thinks he's it. why not axl direct them,

Do you really feel like waiting another 15 years ?
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 03:16:15 PM »

Maybe they won't bother with music videos.? Let's face it, music videos are a waste of money these days, nobody really cares about them anymore.? All the money today at least in the US mainstream market is in radio airplay and getting your songs used in commercials and all that shit, because hit singles get downloaded on iTunes and get downloaded as ringtones, pathetic but true, but labels and artists are making a killing off fucking ringtones these days.? Music videos are expensive and not very productive
I don't really agree, I think that music video's are the way to reach a more younger/mainstream audience...it's partly because of those music video's that those younger people (the ones that watch channels like MTV) get to hear the songs and decide to download/buy the songs. plus, you can make a music video as expensive or as cheap as you want it to.

"Axl's standing in the doorway of our hotel at 10 am wearing a bathrobe, shouting, 'Hey, Bubbles! Ever been in an earthquake, motherfucker?!"
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 03:18:37 PM »

music videos are dead......why bother?
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 03:23:12 PM »

Maybe they won't bother with music videos.  Let's face it, music videos are a waste of money these days, nobody really cares about them anymore.  All the money today at least in the US mainstream market is in radio airplay and getting your songs used in commercials and all that shit, because hit singles get downloaded on iTunes and get downloaded as ringtones, pathetic but true, but labels and artists are making a killing off fucking ringtones these days.  Music videos are expensive and not very productive
I don't really agree, I think that music video's are the way to reach a more younger/mainstream audience...it's partly because of those music video's that those younger people (the ones that watch channels like MTV) get to hear the songs and decide to download/buy the songs. plus, you can make a music video as expensive or as cheap as you want it to.

Yeah, but MTV doesn't even play music videos anymore.  VH1 doesn't play them that often either.  Every time flip through MTV, MTV2, and VH1 they're playing some shitty reality show or they're playing pop/rap videos.  Not including the little pop rock bands like The Killers and My Chemical Romance, I haven't seen a rock video on TV, aside from being drunk and channel surfing at 3 in the morning, in ages
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 04:03:57 PM »

everyone watches music videos on YOUTUBE. And i think the record label will make them do a video. I mean a new record a single and a video go hand and hand with promotion.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 04:15:34 PM »

I'm sure they'll do a video but I don't think record companies are willing to spend nearly the amount of money they used to on videos.  They just aren't great marketing tools in 2007.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 04:16:49 PM »

Guy who did, November Rain, Estranged, Don't Cry. Do you think Axl will use this guy for new videos?

Since Axl said he thinks those videos are cheesy now, I'm guessing no.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Tatu
Rocker

God

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 04:17:32 PM »

Not Dean Karr please hihi

You really know who's Maradona!
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 04:26:50 PM »

when did he say this?

Like peeing clouds!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 04:36:05 PM »

when did he say this?

I think it was during the Eddie Trunk interview.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
kimberly
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2007, 04:37:17 PM »

when did he say this?

I think it was during the Eddie Trunk interview.
yeah it was.

Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2007, 04:54:46 PM »

Chris Rock should direct Guns' new video.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2007, 06:20:15 PM »

I'm not really interested in seeing a huge video.   Just some live footage would be sufficent.  Some of the latest attempts bands make at videos these days turn out corny and cheesy.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: