Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 09:22:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl partying in Finland
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl partying in Finland  (Read 3661 times)
axe
Rocker

« on: July 07, 2006, 01:40:54 AM »

Both of our daytime papers had the story about Axl in Helsinki night adter the first gig in Finland. Here's a basic translation and links to the original stories. Now's a good time to learn Finnish.

Axl and his entourage - Beta, Thal, Frank and "a few women" were driven with dark-glassed Mercedes Benz vans to a club called Ravintola Teatteri. Fans were waiting outside and at 4.30 AM Ron Thal and Axl came out signing autographs and posing for photographs.

They say that Axl was smiling all the time, joking about his arrest. There was "no sign of his difficult reputation" and he was "in an exceptionally good mood". But he refused to sign album covers or anything else that already had an autograph of some former band member.

The party continued in hotel K?mp with F1 driver Kimi R?ikk?nen, his wife and some other Finnish persons. The R?ikk?nens were driven from the hotel around 6 AM with a vehicle that belongs to GNR.

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/viihde/uutinen.asp?id=1199827
http://www.iltalehti.fi/popstars/200607064843458_ps.shtml
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 02:08:12 AM »

But he refused to sign album covers or anything else that already had an autograph of some former band member.

Thanks for the article - Glenn Danzig used to do that stuff on Misfits records with Jerry or Doyle's signatures

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
johnnythunders24
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 03:55:19 AM »

maybe i'll start investing in original covers signed by the full band...lol
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 04:04:36 AM »

that's cool, god to think I waited many nights for axl outside hammerstein and he ran right into his suv, but ron signed and talked each night.. Would have been cool if axl signed one of those nights.. Slapped his hand on the 17th but evrything happened so fast
Miggy
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 04:16:17 AM »

Great that Axl goes public but it's a bit lame he didn't want to sign stuff which has allready sigs of the original dudes on it. 
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 04:26:36 AM »

Great that Axl goes public but it's a bit lame he didn't want to sign stuff which has allready sigs of the original dudes on it.?

Maybe he's done with them and it pisses him off or something.. I never heard him speak about Ebay so that might be something too..

It does suck because even at hammerstein a few guys next to me were getting izzy's sig to complete there afd kohd's album single with all the afd guy's names
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 07:35:08 AM »

awesome just awesome.ive gotton some good jokes from it myself.im still gettin some good ones still.like axl with the leggy model chick.i knew all along he was a leg man lol.i''ll bite what was that lol. Tongue

the one an only horsey !
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 04:28:11 PM »

i was comparing axl to? dudlee moore in the movie arthur.this i thought to be sorta funny.

the one an only horsey !
Blackeyed
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 01:45:50 AM »

I was waiting for AXL for about 7 hours in front of the hotel before the second Finnish gig and all he did was just ran to the car. He didnt even look at us, nor wave or anything. Just like we werent there at all...... crying
Athena
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 04:30:28 AM »

^ Yeah, I heard from quite a few people he tend to do that a lot. Too bad really. Did you meet anybody else from the band though, Blackeyed? Or did you wait all those hours for nothing?

Tomorrow I brew, today I bake, and then the child away I take. For little deems my royal dame that Rumpelstiltzkin is my name.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 04:52:29 AM »

Damn I wonder if Ron's appreciation to sign autographs, and comunicate with the fans is rubbing off on good ole uncle Axl.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Origen
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2006, 05:09:12 AM »

Damn I wonder if Ron's appreciation to sign autographs, and comunicate with the fans is rubbing off on good ole uncle Axl.

Like this  confused

I was waiting for AXL for about 7 hours in front of the hotel before the second Finnish gig and all he did was just ran to the car. He didnt even look at us, nor wave or anything. Just like we werent there at all...... crying
aeroplane
Opening Act

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2006, 10:32:04 AM »

I did see Dizzy Reed running around the city though  Roll Eyes It was quite funny, we just got off the ship and then there was dizzy reed jogging around. And my brother said it was him, because he saw his face.
AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2006, 02:52:02 PM »

im glad Axl was hanging with Ron! thats awesome stuff.

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: