Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:39:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227915 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Goodbye Ron (???)
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Goodbye Ron (???)  (Read 396658 times)
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2420 on: July 24, 2015, 08:01:22 PM »

Deja vu....

It feels like we're going around in circles.  hihi

/jarmo

Groundhog day redundancy  ok

Agreed Emily.  Until management makes the announcement we're just going to go round, and round.

And in the grand scheme of things it won't make one iota of difference in anything that occurs, or doesnt.

I don't think some are able to grasp that and think their unsolicited amateur advice about non-negotiable issues is somehow vital. Cheesy

"Shut the fuck up."
Unknown famous philosopher and guru
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #2421 on: July 24, 2015, 08:04:10 PM »

I don't think some are able to grasp that and think their unsolicited amateur advice about non-negotiable issues is somehow vital. Cheesy

Could it just be people talking to each other? 

Is that at least, in the running?  That possibility?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2422 on: July 24, 2015, 09:09:06 PM »

And in the grand scheme of things it won't make one iota of difference in anything that occurs, or doesnt.

The lead guitar player of the band quits and it doesn't make one iota of difference?

Even you yourself are looking for official information. Cheesy

So you know beyond a fact that Ron left permanently, interesting- official source please.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
sky dog
Legend

« Reply #2423 on: July 24, 2015, 10:55:58 PM »

Honestly, I don't care about any of the current guitarists....good musicians, solid players yada yada....for the most part, not my style. If I had to choose one, I choose Richard...easily the best all around player with as close to the old school Gnr sound as you can get. For my money, I go Bucket, Finck, and Richie....but it ain't my money!....that would be Guns post 1998.

Just one more mornin', I had to wake up with the blues...
EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2424 on: July 24, 2015, 11:26:48 PM »

The lead guitar player of the band quits and it doesn't make one iota of difference?

Even you yourself are looking for official information. Cheesy

So you know beyond a fact that Ron left permanently, interesting- official source please.

Actually I'm not, sorry that rhetorical question was so confusing for you.

Implied sarcasm can be tricky over the internet.

No - all the  uninformed internet commentary, staggering inspirational insight and jaw-droppingly important opinions are inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

"Shut the fuck up."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2425 on: July 24, 2015, 11:48:48 PM »

It wasn't.

But you didn't answer the question:

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2426 on: July 25, 2015, 01:55:27 AM »

It wasn't.

But you didn't answer the question:

Did he quit? Guess I missed that official, confirmed headline.

Got a handy link to that?

"Shut the fuck up."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2427 on: July 25, 2015, 02:19:56 AM »

Yes he did.  Guess you are waiting, like us, for the official announcement from management. When TB posts it you'll get a link.

You're still not answering the question:

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2428 on: July 25, 2015, 04:57:59 AM »

Yes he did.  Guess you are waiting, like us, for the official announcement from management. When TB posts it you'll get a link.

You're still not answering the question:

1.)Au Contraire, I'm not waiting for anything, not sure who "us" is.

2.)haven't seen a Publicly posted official statement from either side that says he has definitely beyond any shadow of a doubt quit and is out of the band. You cannot produce that because it doesn't publicly exist.

3.)You are simply going by circumstantial evidence and heresay.

4.)You continue to misunderstand my statement, I clearly said all the unsolicited amateur advice wouldn't make one iota of difference, all the chatter and theorizing on these forums are inconsequential.

5.)GNR existed before Ron, can easily exist after him if need be, he isn't  irreplaceable.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 06:08:09 AM by EmilyGNR » Logged

"Shut the fuck up."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2429 on: July 25, 2015, 07:52:50 AM »

Until management makes the announcement we're just going to go round, and round.

Announcement of what?
Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2430 on: July 25, 2015, 02:49:28 PM »

2.)haven't seen a Publicly posted official statement from either side that says he has definitely beyond any shadow of a doubt quit and is out of the band. You cannot produce that because it doesn't publicly exist.

Ron himself said he resigned.  To Rolling Stone Indonesia:

20/04/2015

Actually, what about your relationship with the members of Guns N 'Roses?

Ron Thal: Is different with each of its members. This is a very personal nature. I talked a lot with some of them, and partly I did not talk to them. I was not happy. Therefore, I also felt the need to resign because at the time I had reached the point where it affects the feeling of internal relations within the band. At that time I felt there was a point where I can not help anyone when to be there because it's unhappiness. When it does, then you should know that it is time to go.

To Billboard:

His current status with GNR, meanwhile, is purposely vague and something he's contractually "not [able] to elaborate on." But Bumblefoot adds that, "I think there's enough clues out there for you to figure out what I'm up to now.

But it looks like you won't be convinced until management makes the official announcement. Cheesy

No, I'm not.

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #2431 on: July 25, 2015, 02:56:57 PM »

20/04/2015

Ron Thal: Is different with each of its members. This is a very personal nature. I talked a lot with some of them, and partly I did not talk to them. I was not happy. Therefore, I also felt the need to resign because at the time I had reached the point where it affects the feeling of internal relations within the band. At that time I felt there was a point where I can not help anyone when to be there because it's unhappiness. When it does, then you should know that it is time to go.

To Billboard:

His current status with GNR, meanwhile, is purposely vague and something he's contractually "not [able] to elaborate on." But Bumblefoot adds that, "I think there's enough clues out there for you to figure out what I'm up to now.

But it looks like you won't be convinced until management makes the official announcement. Cheesy

No, I'm not.

Simply

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2432 on: July 25, 2015, 03:22:00 PM »

20/04/2015

To Billboard:

No, I'm not.

So why are you so hellbent on getting an official announcement when you already have it all figured out? Sometimes I feel like we're beating a dead horse.  Undecided

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2433 on: July 25, 2015, 03:48:51 PM »

So why are you so hellbent on getting an official announcement when you already have it all figured out? Sometimes I feel like we're beating a dead horse.  Undecided

I wouldn't say I am hellbent.  But I find it hard to believe a year after he quit there has not been one word.  So yes, we go round and round beating a dead horse.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2434 on: July 25, 2015, 05:14:49 PM »

I wouldn't say I am hellbent.  But I find it hard to believe a year after he quit there has not been one word.  So yes, we go round and round beating a dead horse.

But you ask why there's been no official word. Then provide clear examples why you think he's out. Then others say there hasn't been an official statement. You aren't helping the merry go round from slowing down at all. I'd say you're not getting that announcement anytime soon. So I don't see the point in bringing it up every couple of months.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2435 on: July 25, 2015, 05:24:22 PM »

Some people think he's in, some people think he's out, some say he's just negotiating for more money, want's a better deal on and on.

Emily said I couldn't produce anything official saying he's out.  I gave some examples.

If he's quit, say something and put an end to all this.

GNR2014
Rocker

We've been through this such a long long time

« Reply #2436 on: July 25, 2015, 06:21:05 PM »

I just wish people tried harder to get their point across without being abusive to other posters.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2437 on: July 25, 2015, 06:36:04 PM »

Some people think he's in, some people think he's out, some say he's just negotiating for more money, want's a better deal on and on.

Emily said I couldn't produce anything official saying he's out.  I gave some examples.

If he's quit, say something and put an end to all this.

I don't see why it matters. I agree with you that it certainly appears he's out. There's no shows scheduled for the foreseeable future. There's nothing to promote. When that time comes, we'll probably find out.

EmilyGNR
Legend

GNR Loyalty

« Reply #2438 on: July 25, 2015, 07:19:19 PM »

20/04/2015

To Billboard:

No, I'm not.

Yes, you clearly are.

Here's a newsflash- Some indonesian Interview is not Official Confirmation nor any type of Official Statement at all.

I repeat, there has been no Publicly Posted Official Confirmation from either side.

Why the stress and guess games? Let it go until there is Official confirmation.

Sometimes I feel like I'm -etc.

"Shut the fuck up."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2439 on: July 25, 2015, 07:21:11 PM »

I don't see why it matters.

That's where we differ.  Some people go on and on about how there is no new music...I guess the lack of any communication bugs me.

I suppose they could announce Ron has left, 2-3 years after he did, although that would be a bit bizarre.

Or if they are not coming back, there would be no need to say anything about Ron.  But it would be nice if they announced that. hihi

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: