Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 04:07:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Petition for an OFFICIAL status update of Chinese Democracy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Petition for an OFFICIAL status update of Chinese Democracy  (Read 16710 times)
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« on: February 17, 2004, 07:31:29 PM »

http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/GNR_update/

Sign the petition and let your voice be heard...

Because we're mad as hell, and we're not gonna take it anymore!!  rant

Spread the word! smoking
« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 07:33:07 PM by misterID » Logged

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Funeral
Rocker

Welcome to the neighborhood

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 07:46:10 PM »

done.

-F
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 07:48:00 PM »

Do you have a good email to send it to when it's done? How many sigs are you going for?

Get RnT to enlist the help of the S American fans. They'll double your sigs overnight.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 07:51:30 PM »

signed it however i aint boycotting shit! if gnr dont give us anything for 10 years ill be a nuttswinger from hell when it does come out, i signed it but honestly i aint boycotting shit! ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
moons
Banned
Headliner

Charlie Don't Surf

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 07:53:10 PM »

if you think thats going to do anything you are sorely mistaken.

i think axl has said, on numerous occasions, that he "doesnt owe the fans anything." It's his album, not yours, and hes going to finish it when he wants to. till then, dont hold your breath.

- moons

Big Gulps, huh? Well...see ya later.
-Dumb and Dumber
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 07:59:09 PM »

Yeah, I have a very good e-mail address to send it to.

D, it's cool, you don't have to agree with the boycott to sign it  ok

That's fine moon, but I'm holding an umbrella over my head to keep Axl from pissing on my head from now on.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 07:59:48 PM »

bah...

Wouldn't know unless you try! Even if I didn't agree with it, I'd still like the idea of it.

I don't think Axl himself said he didn't owe the fans anything. Just other people on this site.

Imagine if all the people before us had that attitude? We wouldn't have shit!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2004, 08:45:21 PM »

I didnt sign it because the letter doesnt represent what the main goal should be. I agree with out of points but some stuff i dont agree with
« Last Edit: February 17, 2004, 08:51:45 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mentalradio
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2004, 09:14:54 PM »

You guys are nerds.  hihi
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2004, 09:25:00 PM »

hehe this really aint gunna do much. axl is probably in a bathrobe at his lil mansion eating cereal outta the box and playing some X-box or PS2. who needs to go peform and release a CD when you can stay home and do nothing? peace

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2004, 11:07:40 PM »

couldn't hurt...why not?  If Axl gets wind of it and gets annoyed, he couldn't ignore us anymore than he already has.  Could only help....good work Mister Mister... smoking

SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2004, 11:11:38 PM »

You guys are nerds.  hihi

True.

But at least we have good taste in music. We've got that going for us.
GnFnRs2016
Mr. Brownstone
Rocker

The best thing that you never had

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2004, 11:48:01 PM »

done
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2004, 12:10:25 AM »

The statement is good until the end.  Why try to putt the red head in a corner?  Haven't you learned anything over the years.  Just ask unversal about putting him in a corner.    Grin

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2004, 12:24:11 AM »

All I know right now is I wish my month-long vacation would be starting now,  instead of July.........I wont boycott the band but I know me and when at home ......I cant ,not stop in here and see whats up. But When I go on vacation ...I leave this all behind.....I live my life, am successful in my endevours so far, I write and play  and listen to music and .............damn GNR really are like a drug to me.............but thats cool, cause its a personal thing and something I can go to ,after spending my day doing my job (which I do like), and taking care of my own BUSINESS, and it's my way of holding on to something I love. Shit most people in my profession are ignorant to music........
except for the close circle of friends I grew up with and the people on these boards. Many people  could give a shit. But I do.
So I would never boycott something I always loved.
And a big part of me believes that this is the beginings of the W.A.R!!!!

Just stepping back and seeing all this upraor and comotion! It has me sitting with a big smile on my face.......cause the truth is GNR still effect and will affect people, and thats RNR!!!!!!!! peace

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Smoke
Rocker

nobody ever told me baby,how it was going to be

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2004, 12:25:07 AM »

http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/GNR_update/

Sign the petition and let your voice be heard...

Because we're mad as hell, and we're not gonna take it anymore!!  rant

Spread the word! smoking

What a great idea  hihi  I signed it and will back any project like this.  We will succeed.  A revolution has started.   peace
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2004, 12:28:04 AM »

Signed  ok
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2004, 02:07:01 AM »

I'm not signing this.  I'm sorry but this is crap.  Just "live your life."  here's your "Update"... Stay Tuned
Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.

[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2004, 03:36:07 AM »

I'll remove the part of the boycot of the tour. I don't want anyone reluctant to express their feelings because of an aspect of the petition they don't agree with, and really doesn't matter.  I also want to say that I am still giving them the benefit of the doubt and I'll wait a little while before I send it to see if there is anything announced peace

Also, as for W.A.R.'s post above. He made that statement TWO YEARS AGO!!! That's the only thing you can quote because that's the only official thing that he's released. The stay tuned for news and information coming soon thing was posted almost a year ago. If that's enough for you then fine, but I know that there's a greatest hits coming out that Axl is against and all we have are rumors that are making people very nervous about the STATUS of Chinese Democracy. And that's we're asking for ( Not Demanding) a little update on the status of Chinese Democracy.

Shit, we were told to Stay tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon a year ago.

Does he owe us anything? No. Should we be silent with our displeasure of this uncertainty of an album that has been the feather tickling our asses for the last seven years? Hell no. Like I said, we're asking, not demanding.

The only way CD will recoup the money spent is the money they get from us, when we buy the album, buy the merchandise and buy tickets to shows. All we're asking for is an update. If that's too much to ask, then there is something definitely wrong with this picture.

BTW there's exactly 100 signatures so far since this evening. Keep 'em coming ok
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 03:47:42 AM by misterID » Logged

slash2001
Rocker

Axl's Scottish ya know......

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2004, 04:24:02 AM »

if you think thats going to do anything you are sorely mistaken.

i think axl has said, on numerous occasions, that he "doesnt owe the fans anything." It's his album, not yours, and hes going to finish it when he wants to. till then, dont hold your breath.

- moons
get your head outta axls ass, he owes us a hell of alot now. It really annoys me when people push out these crappy excuses, "he doesnt owe us anything" and the embarrassingly overused "live your life", i live my life fine,just want this album thats been PROMISED since what 1999,  oh yeah, wait a minute, remember rio "we'll see you next summer with a whole bunch of new songs" and wait theres more "Guns n' roses european tour cancelled", "american tour cancelled". yup, he doesnt owe us anything, he said we're getting an album, im waiting, over 7 years as a fan and all ive got is one new song which came out in 1999.  This is such a disgrace, im really pissed off bout this whole situation, as you can tell.the most annoying thing is some of the fans who are soo far up axls ass that they cant see that he's making us all look like fools.get a grip guys.

"I don't know just what I should do, everywhere I go I see you"
The Blues
W. Axl Rose
Best version - Rock in Rio 3 - 2001
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: