Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:09:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  where are the haters?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: where are the haters?  (Read 13816 times)
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2004, 04:16:03 PM »

GNR is one big revolving door.
That is the biggest misconception about gnr created by the fans and media.

Other than billy howerdell, buckehead and josh freese who else left this band?

Well, MrBrownstone16 got some:

Let's list who has left: Slash, Duff, Izzy, Gilby, and of course all the guys you mentioned. So there are a lot of people who have left.

And then of course there's Matt, Steven and Mr. Robin (In/Out/In Again) Finck.

Josh Freese and Howerdell left because they KNEW THAT THIS PROJECT WAS GOING TO BE A LONG PROCESS AND DIDNT WANT TO BE A PART OF IT. They did the band a favor by leaving honorably. Freese is all about the action and he knew that gnr would be mia for a long time so he got out before anything began. Howerdell left for the same reasons and had been ready to form a little band called APC. They both left on good terms.

Revolving door!

Stop making it seem like theres a revolving door. For someone who visits these boards for years now should know that what the media says isnt true. The media thinks that all the muscicians brought in in the beginning stages were the band when that is not the case. They were brought in to help form a new direction of gnr. If something evolved after that then fine, but it never did so as a result they were never in the band. Gnr began to have a band around 98/99. Now one of its pivotal members has departed.

The media hates Axl, Boohoohoo ... Everyone's against Axl and his New GNR ... BOOHOOHOOHOOHOO!   crying

I get sick n tired of people throwing that revolving door bullshit at the band. Yet those same people say, o axl just get another guitarist for rio". shut up. Would gnr do a show like rio back in the day if slash left? Hell no. Bucket was a pivotal member to this band and now they have to figure out how to regroup and move on. Why?because its a band not some miscellanious project. But thats ok your all gonna find out for yourselves one day. And i cant wait to laugh in your faces.

Minimun time for Axl Rose to "figure out how to regroup and move on?"  I'd say 2 years ... so there you have it guys, don't expect any news for 2 years, while Axl "regroups" and "moves on."

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2004, 04:43:53 PM »

Well, MrBrownstone16 got some:

Quote:
Let's list who has left: Slash, Duff, Izzy, Gilby, and of course all the guys you mentioned. So there are a lot of people who have left.

And then of course there's Matt, Steven and Mr. Robin (In/Out/In Again) Finck.
No, thats wrong. Because when people refer to revolving door with gnr they are talking about after the old members left.

Revolving door!
Indeed, prior to 98/99 those were the only peopel who left. Sice 99, the door has been stable and the band began to evolve.

Minimun time for Axl Rose to "figure out how to regroup and move on?"  I'd say 2 years ... so there you have it guys, don't expect any news for 2 years, while Axl "regroups" and "moves on."
Thats fine. I could careless if people knock the hwole process. ANd their complaints are definately valid. The whole process in terms of public perception is a joke for the most part. BUt no1 knocks or will be knocking hte music that this band will release. And at the end of the day, when axl and gnr finally get their shit together and release it, they will be having the last laugh. Because its all about the music.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Mr_Brownstone16
Headliner

I don't kiss ass to anyone

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2004, 04:55:17 PM »

>No, thats wrong. Because when people refer to revolving door with gnr they >are talking about after the old members left.

that's right, I forgot, you only talk about the new band. Whatever Axl and guns did in the past is written off and forgotten about. Yet we have heard 4 songs in the past 5 years, with a "revolving door of members, producers, etc, and all you can talk about is the new band, who just cancelled a show, never get anything done, and are a laughingstock now.
kockstar99
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2004, 05:36:31 PM »

Matt and Steven were fired... they didnt leave...

Gilby wasnt needed any more... he didnt leave either.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2004, 06:30:53 PM »

that's right, I forgot, you only talk about the new band. Whatever Axl and guns did in the past is written off and forgotten about. Yet we have heard 4 songs in the past 5 years, with a "revolving door of members, producers, etc, and all you can talk about is the new band, who just cancelled a show, never get anything done, and are a laughingstock now.
No, i didnt forget the old lineup. In fact I love the old lineup and would never forget them. They are the reason why I am into gnr.

We have heard 6 songs in the past few years because they are not going to release songs to its fans before the album comes out. That wouldnt make any sense.

Once again, the revolving door thing is a big misconception. As for the producers. Are you dumb? The reason there has been a few producers is because they have been working on multiple albums. They ahve said that each album is going to be different, hence we have different producers for each particular type of style.

Gee golly gnr cancelled rio. Cry about it. who the fuck cares. Its not like this is new. so to keep bringing it up is kinda pointless.

How have they got nothing done? Since 99 this band has made 3 albums. How is that not getting things done? Just becasue nothing has been released doesnt mean things havnt been done.

Yes, gnr have become a joke. The whole waiting process has become a joke. To a degree gnr have been a laughing stock. Your totally correct. BUt what exacetly does all that mean?
When they eventually release the material and lets say it surpasses all other efforts and his a huge success, then what? Do you think peopel will write still talk shit? Hell fukin no. People say shit now because there is nothing to talk about in terms of this new lineup. They havnt said much and havnt released anything. So what is there to talk about other than the whole waiting process.

Just to let you know my friend, the same magazines and peopel now who bash this band or think its cool to make fun of them will be the sdame people first in line for the interviews when the ball finally gets rolling.
If CD is a masterpiece then all of this bullshit will go away in a day. 1 fukin day. no1 will care. the talk will be about how people realize and understand why they were holding back the material and making sure its their best efforts.
the material will speak for itself. case closed.

Mr. Robin (In/Out/In Again) Finck
Just because he left and came back doesnt mean its a revolving door. He got fed up with Axl so he left. But then came back because this is his band too.

Axl had left the old lineup in the past, does that mean the old lineup had a revolving lead singer role? makes no sense
« Last Edit: April 04, 2004, 06:49:51 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
estranged.1098
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2004, 06:37:44 PM »

Oh My God
Chinese Democracy
Riad & the Bedouins
The Blues
Silkworms
Madagascar

1 + 1 + 1 +1 + 1 + 1 = 6.
Dizzy
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2004, 06:48:06 PM »

How have they got nothing done? Since 99 this band has made 3 albums. How is that not getting things done? Just becasue nothing has been released doesnt mean things havnt been done.

Firstly, nobody is certain that 3 albums have been completed.  Axl may have said 3 albums, but that doesn't mean all the songs and production chores are finished.

The reality is that it is highly unlikely that they've even completed one album.  If they had, there would be no reason not to release it.

And even if they have completed 3 albums, that means nothing to the consumers unless they can buy them in stores.  To them (us), that is the equivalent of "nothing getting done".

To a degree gnr have been a laughing stock.

To a degree?  You mean the highest degree?   Tongue

Just to let you know my friend, the same magazines and peopel now who bash this band or think its cool to make fun of them will be the sdame people first in line for the interviews when the ball finally gets rolling.

Can I borrow your crystal ball and look at these surefire future occurrences too?

Oh My God
Chinese Democracy
Riad & the Bedouins
The Blues
Silkworms
Madagascar

1 + 1 + 1 +1 + 1 + 1 = 6.

Glad you're adept at addition, but since only one of those songs has been released, the others are irrelevant.  Fact is, Axl hasn't given the public six new songs, he's only given them "Oh My God".
« Last Edit: April 05, 2004, 06:52:32 PM by Dizzy » Logged
estranged.1098
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2004, 08:39:57 PM »

Glad you're adept at addition, but since only one of those songs has been released, the others are irrelevant.  Fact is, Axl hasn't given the public six new songs, he's only given them "Oh My God".

Someone said we've heard 4 songs in 5 years. That's not correct.

And they're irrelevant? Haha.
Dizzy
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2004, 10:34:51 PM »

You're right, from the general public standpoint, we've heard one new song in five years, not four.  Only a small minority who attended the concerts and searched for bootlegs has heard the five unreleased songs.

Yep, they are.  I've never heard of a song that broke any ground by only being heard on subpar bootleg recordings.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2004, 11:38:45 PM »

Axl had left the old lineup in the past, does that mean the old lineup had a revolving lead singer role? makes no sense

This was more of a blind, spontaneous threat than anything else...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2004, 12:47:08 AM »

Firstly, nobody is certain that 3 albums have been completed.  Axl may have said 3 albums, but that doesn't mean all the songs and production chores are finished.
Axl and Dizzy have said there wil be 3 albums. Axl has said that 2 albums are alreayd recorded. Albums 2 and especially 3 are prob. not finished. But the groundwork and direction is there.
The reality is that it is highly unlikely that they've even completed one album.  If they had, there would be no reason not to release it.
No thats not the reality. The reality is that they have been halted by other things not concerning the album per say. Plus go back and listen to what Axl says about the plans for the future of gnr.In london he says:
They plan to release cd-tour
Then release album 2 1 1/2 yrs later witha tour then the same for album 3....
thats teh plans for gnr. Until they can get close to that they wont release anything because whrn they finally get rolling their plan is to go at this with full force and not the stop n go's. Whether you think there capable of doing that is you opinion but thats what the goal of the band is to do.

And even if they have completed 3 albums, that means nothing to the consumers unless they can buy them in stores.  To them (us), that is the equivalent of "nothing getting done".
Again there plans are to greet consumers over a 5 yr period. Gnr wil be all over the map when the ball finally gets rolling. Although they hope that old gnr fans will remain patient they are not banking on you guys. They know you will buy the album anyway. The general public does not know half of what we know nor are they frusterated like many of you. So gnr can take their time and do things the way they want.

My only concern about the future of gnr is the touring aspect. The band better release the stuff within the next 2 years otherwise I cant see Gnr going ahead with the monster touring plans they have because of Axls age. But robin said in his statement about "touring, and tourin" so maybe soon is almost the word. Other than that,I know gnr will step up to the plate and prove many haters/doubters and anything else wrong, and then into fans.....

Dizzy
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2004, 06:59:50 PM »

Axl and Dizzy have said there wil be 3 albums. Axl has said that 2 albums are alreayd recorded. Albums 2 and especially 3 are prob. not finished. But the groundwork and direction is
here.

Being recorded does not mean they are finished.  They aren't finished until they're mixed.  And I doubt any of the three albums are completed.

Gnr wil be all over the map when the ball finally gets rolling.

Other than that,I know gnr will step up to the plate and prove many haters/doubters and anything else wrong

Again, I'd like for you to lend me your crystal ball so I can view these certain future happenings as well.
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2004, 10:17:50 PM »

Come on younggunner, Axl lies ... get over it.  He's not going to come out and admit that he hasn't done jack shit and isn't planning to.

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
estranged.1098
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2004, 11:17:24 PM »

You're right, from the general public standpoint, we've heard one new song in five years, not four.  Only a small minority who attended the concerts and searched for bootlegs has heard the five unreleased songs.

You must be confusing your discussions as I'm not talking about the general public standpoint at all, I'm talking about mine. Oh, and the standpoint of the person who mentioned 4 songs.

Yep, they are.  I've never heard of a song that broke any ground by only being heard on subpar bootleg recordings.

Being relevant != breaking ground.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2004, 10:08:21 AM »

Come on younggunner, Axl lies ... get over it.  He's not going to come out and admit that he hasn't done jack shit and isn't planning to.
cmon echrisl, aqxl tells the truth...get oer it. Gnr are planning a big comeback and have done a lot more than you believe.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: