Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 08:36:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will VR album spur Axl on?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will VR album spur Axl on?  (Read 8294 times)
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2004, 04:15:01 AM »

Now that Rock in Rio is now a non entity GNR is once again lost into the ether, with no visible deadlines ahead for everyone to cling to, I anticipate that the next interesting 'milestone' in the cd saga will be the release of the VR album...

Comparing VR?s first single and Set Me Free (wich is much cooler than Slighter) with GNR?s Madagascar, The Blues, CD or Rhiad (non singles) it?s clear VR haven?t got something essential: AXL (his voice, look, charisma, etc).

Though Scott is cool, it?s just not the same thing at all...
I think their album will be great, just like Audioslave?s: a good surprise for our ears.
But for all CD antecipation and all the time, etc, it will be definitly better.

But if Rock in Rio people set VR to replace GNR?
Then it?s success will be bigger than we expect and I?ll get worried about Axl?s reaction (getting back to studio).

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2004, 07:32:31 AM »

But if Rock in Rio people set VR to replace GNR?
Then it?s success will be bigger than we expect and I?ll get worried about Axl?s reaction (getting back to studio).

Hey Reinaldo, I like your thinking....maybe if Rock in Rio sign up VR, they end up stealing the show, this will send Axl into a frenzy of activity and get the album released.

But a little voice in my head tells me that in the original contract Axl would have put in a clause about this...I guess the question is now he has broken the contract would they dare go and do it! Would be quite funny!

I personally hope that VR is a success, and Axl takes them head on...two GNR for the price of one!!

On a completely diffrent note, I'm visiting to Rio de Janeiro next month...do you have any recommendations for kick ass rock clubs?

Here today...ready to rock
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2004, 04:35:11 PM »

Come on DUFF boy!

I wish DUFF N' SLASH the best of luck!

VR will rule!!!!!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2004, 12:00:39 AM »

i think so coupled with how great the greatest hits has sold that should give axl some confidence that the public wants his music
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 12:06:08 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2004, 05:49:39 AM »

Nah i think axl will do what he's got to do on his own time when he wants to

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2004, 11:01:16 AM »

im goin the opposite direction here

if VR's album is a success i expect more delays cause axl will then get even more self concious whereas if VR's album if it flops axl will know that he was right in his vision and that he was right stickin to his guns when slash and co and that may make him want to go ahead and put out CD cause he would know then that he would bury VR

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SlashFan
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2004, 01:23:05 AM »

As far as Axl, i think he's aware of this, and has already considered it. I think he probably prefers letting them go first so to speak, like the opening band. Let Slash and them get back in the public eye, and then people won't be surprised at all by the fact that GNR is all new players. He's planning on topping them. I don't know if he will, but he's been planning CD to be very big from day one, so I don't think anything has changed that.

I agree with you on this.I hope that V.R. will have a big hit record,I also hope GN'R will to ok smoking
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2004, 07:00:38 PM »

My question is do you think the success of this album will have any affect on the release of CD? Could a successful album actually discourage Axl (after all, it seems like it doesn't take much). Or will it spur him onto release the 'product' and ride the success and take them head on?  

I hope not.

I hope he's confident in the material and doesn't need to worry about what other bands are doing.

Maybe it could work if he started working on his album after the VR album was out. The whole "I can make a better record than that" thing. But since he's been working on it before VR even existed, I hope it won't affect CD at all.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: