Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:34:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy will be bigger than Appetite and lead to a music revolution
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy will be bigger than Appetite and lead to a music revolution  (Read 36733 times)
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #180 on: August 18, 2006, 04:01:05 AM »

Now what I think is that Chinese Democracy will be a fantastic album but bigger than the Illusions or the Appetite??? No...the reason is somewhere between fans' hunger for the old crew and just the different time that we are living. It just not the same as it used to be 18 years ago for example. Then, the rock n' roll was something like anarchy. Rebellious music for people that have problems and want to escape or something. Now it's different. CD will have huge success towards GN'R fans. I just can't see, even with a killer video and single, how it will affect the world. I hope I'm wrong, though.

"...It don't really matter..."
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: August 18, 2006, 04:57:23 AM »

No comment. Needs to hear the album(s).

from what has been played live and leaked CD is going to be good. I own over 300 albums on CD and over 500 mp3 tracks. There's not much new music out there i want to buy right now. CD is on my list of wants.

It's be good to hear how the new Scissor Sisters album sounds and if they can match the quality of their first album.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 05:07:27 AM by codenameninja » Logged
crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #182 on: August 18, 2006, 06:24:57 AM »

well, i was thinking a lot about how this new record would be and how Axl thinks about his music and what kind of music he wants to get out of his chests....

i stopped thinking about that when Axl said "nobody knows what s going on in the band, everybody THINKS they know something, but nobody really does"! add to this , Axl's saying "when it ll come out, it will, go on with your lifes"...... peace

i think here lies the point : let s all have our life, like what Axl is doing or not, have patience or not (about the release of CD), enjoy the live gigs and when it comes out we can talk again about all those things (if CD it s better than AFD etc)  ok

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
gun
« Reply #183 on: August 18, 2006, 07:55:06 AM »

The title of this thread alone warrants a laugh.  (no personal offense to the author implied)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #184 on: August 18, 2006, 10:23:54 AM »

The title of this thread alone warrants a laugh.  (no personal offense to the author implied)
We gotta let the dreamers dream. rofl

Even if CD came close in sales to AFD, it could never surpass the impact that AFD had. The musical landscape is entirely different.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #185 on: August 18, 2006, 10:34:29 AM »

Even if CD came close in sales to AFD, it could never surpass the impact that AFD had. The musical landscape is entirely different.

Even if it was the next Nevermind, certain people would never give it the credit anywy.

So, just enjoy for what it is when it's out. Why compare?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Origen
« Reply #186 on: August 18, 2006, 10:41:05 AM »

Even if it was the next Nevermind, certain people would never give it the credit anywy.

/jarmo

Because that's kind of the question of the thread
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #187 on: August 18, 2006, 10:54:08 AM »

/jarmo
Well, I'm one of the people that wont be comparing it, and I dont look forward to the 300-400 page CD review thread with half of the thread consisting of posts that give AFD comparisons. Its not the same band. Its like comparing Snakepit to VR. Roth Van Halen to Van Hagar. Led Zep to Robert Plant. Ozzy to Sabbath. I think CD can stand on its own two legs without the need to compare it to an almost 20 year old album.

The only thing CD should ever be compared to is its follow up album.

melissa
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #188 on: August 18, 2006, 10:59:45 AM »

i think the real competition [if it is one] is not between AFD and Chinese Democracy , but between what CD will really be and what we've hoped for
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #189 on: August 18, 2006, 11:07:58 AM »

i think the real competition [if it is one] is not between AFD and Chinese Democracy , but between what CD will really be and what we've hoped for
Thats a really good point. beer In my opinion, it cant really live up to the hype and expectations. But it can still be a masterpiece.

requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #190 on: August 18, 2006, 03:12:32 PM »

/jarmo

I agree with you completely. However, they are drawing some comparisons by using the same name. While observation would tend to indicate that this is an entirely different band, aside from the singer and keyboard player, the band name is the same. I respect Axl's right to use the name, but if it was a band that had all the original members you would expect that some comparisons to their previous work would be made - at least in terms of quality, if not impact. By virtue of using the name Guns n Roses, he is implying a certain continuity between what is happening now, and what started in the 80's. It doesn't bother me, but you can't deny that it does invite comparison.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: