Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:14:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  11/13 Baltimore, MD [UPDATES]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 11/13 Baltimore, MD [UPDATES]  (Read 36545 times)
SammyD1st
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2006, 11:18:34 AM »

... very little craziness in the crowd... 

Ah, I guess you missed the four person/six security guard fight... the drunk woman dragged out by security for biting... and the multiple chicks on shoulders flashing?  There was TONS of craziness where I was in the pit - I loved it.

- SammyD1st
marino95
Rocker

« Reply #161 on: November 14, 2006, 11:30:08 AM »

I saw all that - which was BEFORE the concert started!!!!!  Not really what I meant!

I'm talking about hearing the opening bass line of It's So Easy and watching the crowd turn into mayhem.  Didn't see much of that - and I was just to the left of center.

6/19/91  Landover, MD
6/22/91  Hampton, VA
9/7/92  Columbia, SC
4/16/93 Chapel Hill, NC
5/28/04 VR - Wash DC (9:30 Club)
5/12/06 New York (1st show)
11/13/06 Baltimore, MD
2/23/12 Silver Spr
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2006, 11:30:37 AM »

... very little craziness in the crowd... 

Ah, I guess you missed the four person/six security guard fight... the drunk woman dragged out by security for biting... and the multiple chicks on shoulders flashing?  There was TONS of craziness where I was in the pit - I loved it.

- SammyD1st

Interesting. What happened with that fight?Huh? Huh
GnrAxl4life
Headliner

« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2006, 12:15:45 PM »

Just got back from the show. I enjoyed it more than the Hammerstein show actually. Ron is playing the solos better which i liked. Down On The Farm was awesome to hear as well. Other worthless things i noticed. Fortus played the first solo and Robin the 2nd in November Rain while at Hammerstein it was the other way around. I enjoyed the little jam stuff they did before the Blues and November Rain. Also Robin doing the Hendrix solo was flat out amazing.

Robin's solo WAS NOT Jimi Hendrix.

I'm positive of that. It's the same solo he did at MSG.

Jive - I can't remember at the moment who did the Down on the Farm solo i was too damn excited to be hearing it live

And also, to GnrAxl4Life - I'm pretty sure Richard has played the first November rain solo @ every show, including the 4 hammerstein shows. I'll check the DVD's though.

No I.R.S.

Crowd, while it wasn't full, was a nice size, and very, very into the show. And they stayed very into it for most of the show. They sat down for the new songs, which happens at all the shows, but there was a very nice response from the crowd after both the blues and especially better.

This was the 9th GNR show i've attended, 8th of this lineup, and I must say the band is as good as it's ever been. Totally together, and while they aren't perfect every night out note for note (something which i think only us insane message board types even notice) their intensity is unmatched and fun to watch. The last two shows, MSG and Baltimore, were awesome. The talents of the guys in the new lineup is amazing, and FINALLY the crowd started getting some good Guns N' Roses chants going for Frank. The rest of the tour is in my opinion just gonna get better and better. And yeah, the part in "better" when axl is screaming "i never wanted you to be so full of anger" and the band is rocking out, is always the best part of the concert, how good that is live i cannot explain to you without you being there. No bootleg can even come close to reproducing it. It's just something you have to experience to understand.

They are the best band in the world right now, I don't care what anyone says. and if they keep playing shows like Baltimore and MSG, they are going to go down as one of the greatest bands ever.

Again. Smiley

Just watched the dvd from the 12th since i was there and Fortus did play the first solo in November Rain.
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

I might be too much but honey you're a bit obscene

« Reply #164 on: November 14, 2006, 02:30:27 PM »

pre-show

I arrived at the Wharf Rat around 6:00pm to find a few HTGTH's: MR.BROWNSTONE pounding Budweisers, Jarmo drinking Heinekin, Tanya (dunno if that's the right spelling) and anythinggoes sipping ?-and-cokes.  Jarmo and anythinggoes look just like their pictures.  Tanya is absolutely gorgeous (I think she looks like the actress Rose McGowan, only prettier) and she is obsessed with Starbuck's which makes her okay in my book.  ok I was the newest of the n00bs until inlikeflynn420 showed up, which made me feel a little better.

The bar was full of pre-concert revelers.  Inlikeflynn420 and I struck up a conversation with a fellow in a button-up shirt who looked to me like a business traveler but who turned out to be going to the concert, too, and who -- get this -- loves mullets!  He said he would "totally rock the mullet" if it came back in style.  He was a hoot!  Later on, dolphin and cheeser showed up.  Good people and good conversation all around.

As the concert drew closer, MR.BROWNSTONE kept checking his watch like every few minutes which started to make me nervous.  LOL.  He needn't have worried about getting to the arena early to get a good GA spot (or maybe his worry paid off) because when I finally made it inside I saw him in the very first row, just right of center stage.

quick summary of show

16 songs + 4 solos/jams in the regular set + a 2-song encore.  11:05pm - 1:20am, 2 hours and 15 minutes.  I didn't think the solos/jams detracted from the show; they gave these wonderful musicians a chance to show off their musical chops as well as their personalities while giving the audience (many of whom had been drinking in varying degrees of heaviness) a chance to rest a bit.  I also think the people who complain about the set lists have either (a) gone to LOTS of shows or (b) go to NO shows and simply like to sit at their computers and bitch and moan.  If you don't like the set lists, don't keep buying tickets to the same tour, and STFU for the love of God. rant <mini rant over>

The arena appeared to be about 80% full; GA looked packed but ruly; only the top halves of the upper levels were empty.  I was on the right side of the stage, second row up, only about 20' from the stage (I could almost count BBF's chest hairs  hihi) the section to my right was unpopulated; there was one big column-like mass of cables in my line of sight but it did not really obstruct my view; I took pictures with my cell phone but they are not very good.
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2006, 02:34:40 PM »

full review of show

I called the arena before the show to ask if disposable cameras would be allowed.  The person I spoke with said, "Axl says no."  (I should have asked her to put him on the phone.  LOL.)  But I tried to sneak mine in anyway.  I had it tucked into the back of my skirt (which is what Bandita did successfully at MSG, I think), but the lady security guard did a full reach-around and touched it with the tips of her fingers.  She asked, "What's that?"  I replied, "My fat ass."  She said, "No, not that.  (Tongue)  I mean what's in the back of your skirt."  I took it out and showed her and she was very nice about telling me that it wasn't allowed and gave me the option of returning it to my room.  This really bummed me out, so instead of going right back to the arena, I partied with inlikeflynn420 and his three buddies, who were just three doors down the hall from me.  Really cool guys, very generous with their beer, even though I wanted to see the Suicide Girls, I think I had more fun at the hotel than I would have at the arena. 

I got back to the arena at about 10:50pm.  I got the same search I did the first time, so I'm glad I didn't try to sneak the camera in again.  I was in a slow-moving line to buy a Jack and Coke that all of a sudden started moving really fast when the intro music came on.  I don't know what that shit is, but is dark and menacing and very bass-heavy (you could feel the floor and walls in the concourse shaking!) and it brings with it the sweetest sense of anticipation.  I spilled a good bit of my $7 drink rushing to get to my seat, which I did just in time to hear "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU AAARRREEE?!"

Now...  I have never had a problem with Axl retaining the GNR name.  If you ask me, GNR was always HIS vision anyway, and as I said a couple of times at the Wharf Rat, if you take an arena full of people, you will find at least a couple of guys who can play guitar as well or better than Slash, but you will not find anyone who can sing like Axl.  So, I welcome whoever Axl chooses to work with.

With that being said...  It is one thing to THINK these things...  And to be accepting IN SPIRIT...  But it is another thing entirely to see it with your own eyes and hear it with your own ears.  A band is no better than the sum of its parts (which is what made the original GNR so great), and let me tell you, this sum of this band's parts is astro-fucking-nomical.  Immediately after the show, I thought, "Wow, Robin really impressed me tonight," but after letting it all sink in for a few hours, I have to say that they ALL impressed me.

Axl sounded TERRIFIC save for a few mic problems in the middle of the set and a little hoarseness by the end (I actually liked the hoarseness because it was a sign that he really gave it his all and put his heart and soul into his performance   yes).

Frank and Tommy lay a great foundation.  Frank's drumming is so hard and heavy you can feel it rise up from the soles of your feet and then it just hits you right in the chest.  How Tommy helps keep everyone in time while bouncing around the stage like a maniac, I don't know, but it sure is fun to watch.

Each of the three guitarists has his own musical (and visual) style yet they never get in each other's way, they complement each other wonderfully and give the GNR classics a new depth and feeling that they never had before.

Dizzy's keyboard playing is absolutely lovely.

Taken all together, it is simply AMAZING.

If anything, this concert has kind of ruined "Live Era" for me.  I was listening to it on the way home, and after seeing the "new" band, "Live Era" sounds kinda thin and lacking a little, lacking the depth the "new" guys bring to the music.  I really hope the current group releases a live CD or video, both for anyone who has not yet seen them to be astounded by, as well as for the people who have been fortunate enough to see them to be able to re-live the experience.  It is truly something that is not to be missed.  I wish I had the words to describe exactly what I saw and heard last night, but I don't, so dime-store adjectives like "amazing" and "astounding" will have to suffice.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #166 on: November 14, 2006, 02:40:20 PM »

full review of show

I called the arena before the show to ask if disposable cameras would be allowed.? The person I spoke with said, "Axl says no."? (I should have asked her to put him on the phone.? LOL.)? But I tried to sneak mine in anyway.? I had it tucked into the back of my skirt (which is what Bandita did successfully at MSG, I think), but the lady security guard did a full reach-around and touched it with the tips of her fingers.? She asked, "What's that?"? I replied, "My fat ass."? She said, "No, not that.? (Tongue)? I mean what's in the back of your skirt."? I took it out and showed her and she was very nice about telling me that it wasn't allowed and gave me the option of returning it to my room.? This really bummed me out, so instead of going right back to the arena, I partied with inlikeflynn420 and his three buddies, who were just three doors down the hall from me.? Really cool guys, very generous with their beer, even though I wanted to see the Suicide Girls, I think I had more fun at the hotel than I would have at the arena.?

I got back to the arena at about 10:50pm.? I got the same search I did the first time, so I'm glad I didn't try to sneak the camera in again.? I was in a slow-moving line to buy a Jack and Coke that all of a sudden started moving really fast when the intro music came on.? I don't know what that shit is, but is dark and menacing and very bass-heavy (you could feel the floor and walls in the concourse shaking!) and it brings with it the sweetest sense of anticipation.? I spilled a good bit of my $7 drink rushing to get to my seat, which I did just in time to hear "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU AAARRREEE?!"

Now...? I have never had a problem with Axl retaining the GNR name.? If you ask me, GNR was always HIS vision anyway, and as I said a couple of times at the Wharf Rat, if you take an arena full of people, you will find at least a couple of guys who can play guitar as well or better than Slash, but you will not find anyone who can sing like Axl.? So, I welcome whoever Axl chooses to work with.

With that being said...? It is one thing to THINK these things...? And to be accepting IN SPIRIT...? But it is another thing entirely to see it with your own eyes and hear it with your own ears.? A band is no better than the sum of its parts (which is what made the original GNR so great), and let me tell you, this sum of this band's parts is astro-fucking-nomical.? Immediately after the show, I thought, "Wow, Robin really impressed me tonight," but after letting it all sink in for a few hours, I have to say that they ALL impressed me.

Axl sounded TERRIFIC save for a few mic problems in the middle of the set and a little hoarseness by the end (I actually liked the hoarseness because it was a sign that he really gave it his all and put his heart and soul into his performance? ?yes).

Frank and Tommy lay a great foundation.? Frank's drumming is so hard and heavy you can feel it rise up from the soles of your feet and then it just hits you right in the chest.? How Tommy helps keep everyone in time while bouncing around the stage like a maniac, I don't know, but it sure is fun to watch.

Each of the three guitarists has his own musical (and visual) style yet they never get in each other's way, they complement each other wonderfully and give the GNR classics a new depth and feeling that they never had before.

Dizzy's keyboard playing is absolutely lovely.

Taken all together, it is simply AMAZING.

If anything, this concert has kind of ruined "Live Era" for me.? I was listening to it on the way home, and after seeing the "new" band, "Live Era" sounds kinda thin and lacking a little, lacking the depth the "new" guys bring to the music.? I really hope the current group releases a live CD or video, both for anyone who has not yet seen them to be astounded by, as well as for the people who have been fortunate enough to see them to be able to re-live the experience.? It is truly something that is not to be missed.? I wish I had the words to describe exactly what I saw and heard last night, but I don't, so dime-store adjectives like "amazing" and "astounding" will have to suffice.

Great take on "Live: Era".  I agree from what I have heard from the new band.  People always ask why the need 3 guitar players, but if you hear this new band live, it sounds so much "bigger" and "fuller".  I love the "BIG" sound!

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Cleopatra2U
Rocker

« Reply #167 on: November 14, 2006, 02:43:57 PM »

after show

After the show and on EFISH's advice, I hung outside by the buses. ?There were about two dozen people out there, including MR.BROWNSTONE. ?Tommy came out first, accompanied by a tall woman with long blonde hair (some d00d said "Hey look it's the bass player" Tongue) and was stopped for one photo before walking down the street and out of view. ?Then Sebastian Bach came out and slapped some hands while saying, "MAN I'm fucked up! ?Baltimore! ?Woo!" and then he took off down the street, too. ?(Something tells me there may have been a special after-hours party at Goddess, a nearby strip club. ?hihi) ?Then Dizzy appeared, smoking a cigarette, while Robin carried stuff into a bus. ?A few people called their names but they paid us no mind.

Next came BBF, wearing his furry hat. ?During the concert, when he was playing on my side of the stage with that hat on, I started tapping myself on the head. ?He saw me and did the same. ?Well, I did the head-tapping thing again and he pointed at me and laughed and walked towards me. ?We talked for a little while and he very graciously signed something for a friend of mine. ?I told him how I really didn't know much about him until he joined GNR, but that I like what he brings to the band, and that it is such a joy to see him on stage, acting like a little kid. ?He said that he really is just a big kid. ?I would like to add here that he is truly a class act and that I am very happy he is a part of GNR.

While I was talking with BBF, the man himself -- AXL -- was greeting fans outside of his tour bus. ?(Funny, I thought he flew, but he apparently has his own bus while the rest of the guys have one or two to share.) ?I hurried over, hoping to meet him, and hoping like hell I wouldn't say something completely dorky if I did. ?His "people" had everyone standing in pretty much a single-file line, and Axl was working his way down the line towards me. ?There was only one person left in front of me when a short, fat, bearded guy took Axl's arm and looked at the small crowd and said something like, "We are being called. ?We must go. ?He must go now." ?BUMMER! ?MR.BROWNSTONE got Axl to sign his ticket. ?I must be content with seeing Axl up close for the very first time. ?His braids are definitely shorter, and he has worked a darker shade of red into them that goes very nicely with his natural shade of red. ?He was wearing sunglasses and a black furry coat. ?His skin is so pale and smooth that it made me think of Akasha and Enkil (Anne Rice fans will know what I mean here). ?He was very soft spoken (maybe his throat hurt a bit, or perhaps he was just saving his voice). ?He is a truly beautiful man. ?It's probably a good thing I didn't meet him; I probably would've said something dorky. ?LOL.

While I was walking back to the hotel, I noticed Beta looking very in charge of the loading of things onto buses and into trucks. ?Even her daughter was busy pushing some gear around. ?It was cool to catch a glimpse of them, too.

All in all, an unbelievable night!

beer
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2006, 03:00:34 PM »

And to think that I wasn't even a GNR fan when they came to Stockholm this summer... I'd kill to see them play live! Glad you had fun^^

Oh, and about the live sound... Three guitar players make it sound so much better. I got a hold of the Tokyo DVD the other day, and the sound feels so thin and empty... While my Rock Am Ring-clips make my speaker system fall to pieces.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 03:02:21 PM by Demon Wolf » Logged

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #169 on: November 14, 2006, 03:11:05 PM »

Cleo, that was a great review!  So cool that you got to be so close to the man!!

(And I know who Akasha and Enkil are, great reference, hahaha!!!)

That sucks that you weren't able to get a camera in.  I always bring a purse and usually they are so busy looking in there they don't even check to see if I have anything else on me. 

Glad you all had a good time at the show! peace
BumbleFinck
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: November 14, 2006, 03:23:15 PM »

Live era is a joke. It is a try at what the new band is supposed to be. It is all cleaned and polished up with vocals redone on some songs and everything. I never listen to that cd(except for coma). I'd much rather listen to a bootleg from 91 or 92 hwne you can really hear the rawness and the edge of the band.
jah772
« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2006, 04:55:11 PM »

Yo, i wrote this on the train on the way back to Philly last night, apologies for the length, but maybe ppl will like the details!

Here is my review of the Nov. 11 2006 Guns N' Roses concert at the 1st Mariner Arena in Baltimore.

I spent the weekend home (I attend college in Philadelphia, but am from Annapolis, MD) and had my father drop my brother and I off at the venue around 7:30 PM. I had planned to attempt to meet the band afterwards, and so I brought my camera along. My bro and I stopped in the Dunkin' Doughnuts across the street so he could grab some dinner, and I could attempt to secure my digital camera to my grundle area, because I noticed they were hand searching everyone that entered pretty thoroughly. I had a rather hilarious conversation with a girl who was waiting to use the Doughnut shack's restroom about my plan, and she informed me that she had been at concerts at the Arena where they used metal detectors, and in that case I was screwed.

While we were in the doughnut shack, the General Admission line was let in, and I finally decided just to go for the camera thing, and I hung the camera from the button on my pants, so that it was directly in the center of my crotch. Well all nervousness aside, we slid past security, and headed to our seats.

-he rest of the show, and got everyone excited for the main act.

Then the waiting began.

Well, actually it was pretty short. My bro and I walked a loop around the arena, stopped at the merchandise stand (I bought a poster), and then headed back to our seats. While in the lav, this tall drunk guy decided to garnish everyone's urination with a loud string of rhetorical questions, such as "WHEN DO YOU ALL THINK AXL'S GONNA GO ON!" and statements such as "LAST TIME HE DIDN'T EVEN GO ON!!!" People, although trying to piss, seemed to laugh off his tirade, and seemed genuinely excited for GN'R.

When we got back to our seats, we watched the crew finishing setup, and I spotted Beta walking around below. Before I knew it, the lights dimmed and the intro played. I would estimate that it was only 30 minutes between Bach and GN'R. Everyone freaked out as jungle began, and people pretty much kept standing throughout the entire show.

I've seen a ton of shows on video, probably at least 30 of the old band's performances, and most of the widely circulated video gigs from this year, and I must say that seeing the band live is MUCH different than watching a video.

I am what you would call an Axl fan, predominately because of his no-shit attitude, and his charisma on stage. Videos do not portray his energy accurately, and seeing him running, dancing, and slithering around on the stage below me was an indescribable experience. In comparison, the antics of the other band members, save Fink and Dizzy, seemed weak, although in videos, they all seem to have equal dominance. It is not that I wasn't impressed with their collective musicianship, which I think is top notch, along with their emotional investments, I just felt that their stage presences were so greatly overshadowed by Axl's that it seemed unbalanced. I was exhausted by the time GN'R came on, and this may have contributed to my impression, but I just felt this needed to be said to the people who are saying that the only reason to go is Axl.

I really REALLY wish I had seen the old band live to see if this same kind of dominance was present. From videos, I think both bands pretty much have the same overall charisma, but I would have loved to have seen Duff, Slash, Steven, and Matt interact live with Axl for some kind of comparison.

Anyway, I won't go into each song individually, but the set was incredible, and Axl's voice was amazing. I am a rasp-lover, and feel that I have enough experience listening to the band's recordings and bootlegs to be at least somewhat of an authority on Axl's sound. He was singing very high in his throat tonight, ALA 1992, and I was worried about him Mickey Mousing near the end, but he managed to stay strong throughout, and only became a little hoarse on PC and Nightrain. His voice was PERFECT in my opinion, and he had all the power I could have hoped for and more!

The standout performer of the night, bandwise, would have to be Richard. 4tus had not really hovered above and beyond in what I had seen in the past, but he really proved himself to me tonight. His shredding solo, his handling of the classic material, and the humble aura he emits on stage all helped win me over.

Fink and Bumble, as expected, were both excellent as well.

I am pissed at the sound guys, as the mix started out okay, but was bad and muddy by the end of the show. I was sorely disappointed on YCBM (Axl told a story about meeting a Motley Crue fan who had "Fit To Burn" tattooed across his neckline) as I could not hear the base part AT ALL. Tommy managed to make it over to my side of the stage, and looked up at my area a few times. I only wish I could have heard his playing. By the end of the show, the mix was so muddy that all 3 guitars were blending together, and it was just awful. I think the sound guys really dropped the ball on this one, although it could have just been my area of the arena that was not getting great sound.

Axl told the crowd how awesome and rowdy they were several times saying "This really is a great crowd." at the end of the show, after bidding everyone a safe trip home, he said "We really really wish and hope to see you all again someday!" He talked about how he liked Baltimore and that one of his favorite shows, The Wire (Also one of my favorites...and Snoop Dogg's!) is filmed and set in B-More. Before better, he announced that they were going to play another song that "only some of you know!" and seemed to be a little peeved that people were not familiar with the new tunes.

The solos. Well, I appreciated the ones that were actual songs, and my brother liked the Beautiful solo, but they were a little too much. They were nice near the end of the show, as I REALLY needed to sit for a few seconds as I was exhausted from dancing and throwing my arms around. Axl commented that people were sleeping now so that they could be awake for the rest of the show. People in my section sat for some portions of these solos, but the majority of the audience remained standing, and everyone, even the sitters, for the most part, seemed to appreciate the interludes to an extent, although they were sort of a downer.

One thing that happened during the Beautiful solo, really, in my mind, epitomized the plight that GN'R faces right now. All around me, most people seemed to be casual fans, probably from the UYI days, and I believe they were at the show because of the old band. They all seemed to enjoy the show, even the new songs. I had the couple next to me (casual fans) dancing along to all the new hits (out of drunkeness or appreciation...I don't know) and they seemed, although unfamiliar, to like the new songs. The only person I saw not having a good time was this one guy in front of me. He had come with 3 other dudes, all were decked out in leather, long hair, dark jeans, and with bandannas dangling from pockets. Arch-typical metal fans. They enjoyed the old songs. They enjoyed the new songs. But when Fink and 4tus played beautiful, the one guy got seriously offended, and stood with both middle fingers extended, leaning forward toward the stage for the entire song. He was pissed off for much of the rest of the show, too. His friends didn't mind, but I think he took the solo as a serious Emo assault on his Rock N' Roll. I hope people like this can learn to get over trivialities. I have seen, in the past few weeks, much of the Axl v. Slash feuds melt away with people finally agreeing to like both musicians, and not to bash the other, but this hard rock v. ballad/more emotional music debate could be a big hurdle for GN'R, as I feel it sort of challenges their original 86-89 image, and makes the new band seem a little soft.

Oh well, everyone else was having a good time.

Mother Goose Pitman and Dizzwald both did their parts. 'Nuff said. Both have a place in this band for sure.

Merck was leaning on the railings at the top of the stage entrance stairs for most of the show, standing next to Beta, who was dancing along with every song! She reminds me of how my mom dances when a song she enjoys comes on the radio, and I think it is good for the band to have a mother figure on the road with them. She could have a totally killer reality show, too.

Hell yeah! They played Down On The Farm and UTLH!

Anyway, sorry this was so fucking long. After the show, I waited out back with about 35 people 'till about 2:00 for the band, and then my pop picked my bro and I up ( I was pretty grumpy as the bus area had just begun gearing up and I am sure I just missed the band members). Anyways, my dad dropped me off at the train station where I waited until my train at 3:55. and now I sit alone in a traincar, exhausted, and dreading the next few hours and two classes I have to endure before I can sleep at 12 noon!

I had an amazing night tonight, and I hope I managed to describe some of the moments I experienced, as well as did an okay job of touching on some points that I do not think have been addressed very much on the discussion boards. I'll post this on the major boards after I wake up tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers, and a HUGE THANKS TO AXL AND COMPANY for a GREAT NIGHT!!!,

-Jeff Haines

Forgot to mention, Bach went through like six mikes. He was twirling them above his head and crap, and they kept hitting stuff and breaking, and there were various other problems with them. Was a great time.
anythinggoes
« Reply #172 on: November 14, 2006, 05:18:43 PM »

Dude where you the guy in the green t shirt with the skull on it because i was the guy sitting on the chair outside waiting and then laying on the bench opposite sleepin. When i get home i have reviews photos and vids to sort out.
jah772
« Reply #173 on: November 14, 2006, 09:18:30 PM »

Dude where you the guy in the green t shirt with the skull on it because i was the guy sitting on the chair outside waiting and then laying on the bench opposite sleepin. When i get home i have reviews photos and vids to sort out.

Haha yeah, i had a feeling that you had come from the concert. I was gonna say something but I was shot to hell by then. cool.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #174 on: November 14, 2006, 09:54:04 PM »

i'm still recovering from this show. baltimore is a cool town.

everyone has given great reviews so there's not much to add - thanks for the recap Cleo!  ok

so all i can add is that this show was incredible. my expectations are always sky-high, and i had just seen them 3 days earlier at MSG, but they blew me away. the sound was perfect, the band seemed really into it, DOTF rocked.

an awesome, awesome show. MSG was great, and this show was better. it was THAT good.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
anythinggoes
« Reply #175 on: November 15, 2006, 07:11:08 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyqFXMwA8Qw

Down on The Farm from 13/11
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #176 on: November 15, 2006, 07:20:24 AM »

That was amazing, thank you  Grin
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #177 on: November 15, 2006, 07:21:39 AM »

Wonderful! Cheers.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #178 on: November 15, 2006, 07:21:54 AM »

woow!
This was great! In some way, this got me back to the 90s! Thanks mate ?ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
SammyD1st
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #179 on: November 15, 2006, 08:02:55 AM »

I meant to mention: the funniest part of this concert for me was when I was yelling "TWAT! TWAT! TWAT!" between songs, and the guy next to me goes "Dude, I don't know about that - we may see some boobies though."

- SammyD1st
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: