Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:46:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard Fortus Talks To GnrDaily.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard Fortus Talks To GnrDaily.com  (Read 37428 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2008, 09:14:39 AM »

Big Pat - You and Robin played X Japan's "Endless Rain" as part of your
guitar duet during some of GN'R's Japanese shows in July 2007. Why that
song? Who picked it?

Richard Fortus - No cComment on this question.

That's really the part that seems a bit odd to me, and makes me a little nervous.  I'm not sure I understand what it is about this question that causes a "No Comment," other than it mentions Robin.  Yes, I'm completely speculating, and I know all the Guns guys have learned to watch what they say, but still.    Unless, of course, it's become habit to simply decline comment on ANYTHING GnR related, no matter how harmless or objective the question may seem...

This part puzzles me too. Richard was able to tell us the origin of "Beautiful" in the solos but not this song?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 09:28:02 AM »

the same thing puzzles me russtcb.  good point. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2008, 09:32:43 AM »

This part puzzles me too. Richard was able to tell us the origin of "Beautiful" in the solos but not this song?

Maybe it's just a matter of not wanting to answer follow up GN'R questions....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 09:36:20 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2008, 09:37:39 AM »

Maybe it's just a matter of not wanting to answer follow up questions....

/jarmo

And that's a valid point.  Simply answering a seemingly harmless question can easily lead to less-comfortable follow ups.

Man, I can't imagine what it will be like when the album is released, and have *so* much more to talk about other than   reading too deeply into any of this stuff...
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2008, 10:36:43 AM »

Big Pat - You and Robin played X Japan's "Endless Rain" as part of your
guitar duet during some of GN'R's Japanese shows in July 2007. Why that
song? Who picked it?

Big Pat - We know Robin has signed on to do NIN tour this summer. You guys
seem to have amazing chemistry on stage. Are you looking forward to
playing with him in the future? And speaking of chemistry, how
important is it?

I think that's a really bad sign, guys Sad

why is it a bad sign? richard also said: Robin lives right up the street from me and we hang out pretty often.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2008, 10:43:33 AM »

/jarmo

It just shows that Axl got richard so scared he can't answer anything GNR related even anything about his own solo.    Usually band members are all on the same page and most freely do interviews and talk about themselves in the band they are in.
Not this band...oh wait....this band is different right.    That answer is the stock answer for everything that is fucked up about GNR.    It's not that I am not a fan, they make it hard to be a fan, no matter how you slice it, this band is fucked up and has been for a long time.   One can only hope the new management will get some structure going and get them to act like a normal band does and then there wouldn't be so much animosity amongst fans.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2008, 10:44:19 AM »

Good read. there are so many interesting titbits. like his backstage experiences as a kid.

cool of richard to answer some questions!  ok And besides, it's very, very logical that he doesn't comment on some of the GN'R related questions. Indeed people twist things to make it fit their's agenda, so it's a wise decision to not comment.  Kinda the way jarmo put it. And on subject of matter: it's not done to post personal mails from a bandmember either. Not cool and disrespectfull towards bandmembers who take the time to answer your questions.

so true.
 It's almost comical that those people try to ignore what other GNR member he says he hangs out with!

Big Pat - Besides Frank, do you hang out with any other members of GN'R?

Richard Fortus - Frank and I don't get to hang out that much anymore since he lives in NJ and I live in LA most of the time now. Robin lives right up the street from me and we hang out pretty often. I also hang out with Tommy and Dizzy quite a bit. Axl lives out in Malibu, so i don't see him that often.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2008, 11:06:34 AM »

It just shows that Axl got richard so scared he can't answer anything GNR related even anything about his own solo.

It does?

Where did you hear about this?

Oh wait, it's just your opinion!

That answer is the stock answer for everything that is fucked up about GNR.    It's not that I am not a fan, they make it hard to be a fan, no matter how you slice it, this band is fucked up and has been for a long time.   One can only hope the new management will get some structure going and get them to act like a normal band does and then there wouldn't be so much animosity amongst fans.

Management can't help people who feel the band owes them.

I think there might be other people who might be able to help with that.....

GN'R isn't a "normal band" in any sense. When will you get it?

It's what makes them stand out from the rest.

What's fucked up is the people who look for answers and twist words around complaining about Richard not wanting to comment on certain issues.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2008, 11:11:12 AM »

Yeah Jarmo, if you go up a bit and read our posts, you'd understand ok

Shhhhh, no one speculate. You know how jarmo hates people speculating. Oh, and if you need him he's over in the Velvet Revolver section speculating.

that made me laugh out loud. hihi
When we're finally told that Robin has left he'll chew his own words.

I find it amusing how all the signs are there and Jarmo is denying everything just because Axl hasn't written an official statement about Robin leaving  on his website.
My take is, he left and no one is saying anything because they want him back. that way if he ever gets back, GNR can say... "oh no, Robin never left, he was just playing with Trent for a bit"..
 hihi

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2008, 11:17:31 AM »

When we're finally told that Robin has left he'll chew his own words.

What words would that be?

I'm not denying anything. Only a fool or somebody who can't read would think that.

I don't know his status so I'm not gonna get all upset over it.

That's the difference between you and me. You cried about it already, I'm looking forward.

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2008, 11:18:14 AM »

I could careless about his no comment to te Dr Pepper question. Thats expected.

I think his no comment to the Finck question says it all. Finck has left the band. Its obivious. If he didnt Fortus or Axl would have already said something.

The only reason no statement has been made is because in my mind they just had some positive press. To throw yet another negative out to the public is something they dont wan to do. THey are just waiting it out. NExt press release will be about the album and will also have a paragraph or 2 about Finck. Theyll give you the big news and then slip in the negative.

I just hope we hear from Robin on why he bolted. It doesnt make sense to any of us. I think we are entitled to that from him. We have supported and welcomed him all of these years, All we want is an honest explanation......lets go robin

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2008, 11:26:16 AM »

then why he's referring to robin as a GNR member he hangs out with?

the No cComent is just like BBF doesn't talk business or tommy's lips are sealed IMO.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2008, 11:30:43 AM »

/jarmo

It just shows that Axl got richard so scared he can't answer anything GNR related even anything about his own solo.    Usually band members are all on the same page and most freely do interviews and talk about themselves in the band they are in.
Not this band...oh wait....this band is different right.    That answer is the stock answer for everything that is fucked up about GNR.    It's not that I am not a fan, they make it hard to be a fan, no matter how you slice it, this band is fucked up and has been for a long time.   One can only hope the new management will get some structure going and get them to act like a normal band does and then there wouldn't be so much animosity amongst fans.

You're not a fan if that's what you think. You're opinion on the way this band works means nothing, the only fucked up thing is the way you act in regards to the band.
Death Cube K
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2008, 11:32:57 AM »

Interesting how he cant answer a question about a song someone else wrote which happened 2 years ago. But I guess the fans will take it as 2 year old news and go into shock.

If Richard refrains to speak because people and media take his words as news then I would first of all start asking WHY they take it as news. Simple, media and fans alike take Richards words for news because GNR is having major problems being on the same level as their fans in communicating.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2008, 11:41:02 AM »

Interesting how he cant answer a question about a song someone else wrote which happened 2 years ago. But I guess the fans will take it as 2 year old news and go into shock.

If Richard refrains to speak because people and media take his words as news then I would first of all start asking WHY they take it as news. Simple, media and fans alike take Richards words for news because GNR is having major problems being on the same level as their fans in communicating.

It's not easy to be on the same level with people who take all kinds of meaning out of what you say. When tentative means a promise or guarantee, then you really can't help but wonder what's wrong....

We've already seen some people wish Baz would shut up about GN'R while others are happy that he speaks about GN'R.

It works both ways.

/jarmo

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2008, 11:48:48 AM »

Or he can andj ust doesn't want to answer?  How can you be so sure?
I'm a rose blooming in the desert.
me2u838
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2008, 11:49:05 AM »

jarmo, shut the hell up. you are so far up axl's ass. we all love GNR and just want some damn music. stop sticking up for all the side stepping that everyone involved with the band does. I know they don't need to tell us anything but come on how many years of bullshit do we have to go through.
Death Cube K
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2008, 11:50:08 AM »

It's not easy to be on the same level with people who take all kinds of meaning out of what you say. When tentative means a promise or guarantee, then you really can't help but wonder what's wrong....

So it's everyone else's fault how they interpret communication from Guns N Roses while Guns N Roses are right in how they communicate?

That may be so my friend, but who do you adjust to? The masses or your own approach? What makes the best result?

If the masses doesn't get what tentative is, then don't use it. Especially not when tentative was 2 years ago. Tentative are usually followed by the interpretation of "if not then, maybe soon".

Or he can andj ust doesn't want to answer?  How can you be so sure?

If he doesn't want to then that's his choice, but people will react towards it because in their world it's not really logical to not wanting to reply to a very innocent question about a ditty him and a fellow band member did 2 years ago.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2008, 11:52:41 AM »

then, maybe soon.

I know they don't need to tell us anything but come on how many years of bullshit do we have to go through.

You have to?  why Huh
me2u838
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2008, 11:54:30 AM »

I have to because I'm a fan and I'm waiting for an album and I have been for the last fucking decade, just like pretty much everyone here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: