Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:55:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GUNS N' ROSES's 'Chinese Democracy' Single Is A Radio Smash
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GUNS N' ROSES's 'Chinese Democracy' Single Is A Radio Smash  (Read 35599 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 10:46:37 PM »

So this is going to at least hit #1 on the Billboard rock charts, right?
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2008, 11:03:50 PM »

Good work everyone! Let's keep requesting it.

Yeah keep requesting it. Nice to read it did well it's 1st day on the radio.  ok

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2008, 11:08:48 PM »

When doing the charts, is it strictly on airplay or do other things factor in?

Number 1 debuting single and it isn't even close to being the best song on the album

This fucking thing is gonna be a runaway sensation!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2008, 01:17:52 AM »

Number 1 debuting single and it isn't even close to being the best song on the album

As I've said man, this album is going to spawn 4 or 5 singles, with at least 3 being major hits

Better is going to be a smash on rock and pop radio.  The Blues could be a Top 40 one.  If The World could be big on pop radio. 

Then there's the infamous This I Love.  I mean, put two and two together.  Patti Hood who plays harp on the song and is obviously a classical music person said that This I Love is one of the most beautiful songs she's ever heard.  Ron made a statement about his favorite song on the album being one that hadn't been heard yet but was a beautiful piece.  Without even hearing the song I have high hopes.  It could be the crossover hit

And then there's Sorry, which sounds incredible just from the promo with Axl and Bach's wailing harmonies.  Scraped, the song with "Don't you try and stop us now" on it.  No doubt in my mind that CD is going to win over the skeptics.  Fucking A man, in 2002 I thought Chinese was just an alright song.  The final cut is a foot stomping, ass kicking beast.  Can't wait to hear the final versions of IRS, Better, and Rhiad. 

Then you think about how much IRS and TWAT have improved since the 1999 versions.  Imagine Catcher.  This album is going to be a monster
plasmabeam
Rocker

"There livin' fast and they'll die young!"

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2008, 01:27:09 AM »

The funny thing is that CD isn't the most accessible song for the general public. Just wait to see how people react once a song like Better hits the airwaves.

I've worked too hard for my illusions
Just to throw them all away
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2008, 01:43:36 AM »

I don't know what's up, but I guess the reaction has not been the same on KSHE 95 in St. Louis.  They played the song 3 times the evening of the 22nd, and haven't played it since.  I haven't gotten through to their request line yet, but I want to hear from them what the reason is it hasn't been back on.  There's only one other station in town (105.7 KPNT) that would play it that I know of, and I heard it on there once the morning of the 22nd, but they don't have a listing of all the songs they play online like KSHE does . . .
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2008, 01:45:20 AM »

In all fairness, it's been 15 years since there's been new material from GN'R.  A lot of the attention the single's getting has to be from the curious, not necessarily those in love with the song!
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 01:49:55 AM »

In all fairness, it's been 15 years since there's been new material from GN'R.  A lot of the attention the single's getting has to be from the curious, not necessarily those in love with the song!

It's getting many many requests and good reviews however.

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 01:54:26 AM »

Thats encouraging!   

Really, I'm glad its finally coming out and GnR is on the airwaves right now, thats what matters.   Success is icing on the cake.   These songs are already classics in my mind because I've known and loved some of them for so many years.   I think its safe to say at least a few of these songs will be classics when people look back 20+ years from now.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2008, 02:23:52 AM »

Chinese Democracy Is A Hit At Radio

by Paul Cashmere - October 25 2008

US radio stations jumped all over the new Guns n` Roses song `Chinese Democracy` when it was released on Wednesday.

683 full plays of the song were registered by Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems (BDS) over a 24-hour period from 5am on November 22 until 5am on November 23.

Listeners to WAAF-FM in Boston and WHJY-FM in Providence played the song a total of 18 times each over that time. WBSX-FM in Wilkes-Barre was second with 17 spins.

`Chinese Democracy`, the album will be released on November 22 in Australia and November 23 in the USA.

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=6642

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2008, 03:55:34 AM »

we all did expect this right? it just means that there is more of our thoughts as to  how good CD would do will come true in the future.

CHINESE DEMOCRACY HAS JUST BEGUN! headbanger

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Nightrain 87
Headliner

One More Time Tonight!

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2008, 04:10:39 AM »

Those are some great numbers!!!!   I can only imagine how the big guns on this album will do.   ok

Ready to Crash and Burn
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2008, 04:15:15 AM »

Chinese Democracy Is A Hit At Radio

by Paul Cashmere - October 25 2008

US radio stations jumped all over the new Guns n` Roses song `Chinese Democracy` when it was released on Wednesday.

683 full plays of the song were registered by Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems (BDS) over a 24-hour period from 5am on November 22 until 5am on November 23.

Listeners to WAAF-FM in Boston and WHJY-FM in Providence played the song a total of 18 times each over that time. WBSX-FM in Wilkes-Barre was second with 17 spins.

`Chinese Democracy`, the album will be released on November 22 in Australia and November 23 in the USA.

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=6642

Chinese Democracy is a hit beer beer

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
suicide
VIP

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 04:23:33 AM »

You guys are lucky, they only played the song once here in fuckin' Belgium.  no When the first Metallica and AC/DC single was released these were played constantly on Studio Brussels.
Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2008, 04:32:15 AM »

You guys are lucky, they only played the song once here in fuckin' Belgium.  no When the first Metallica and AC/DC single was released these were played constantly on Studio Brussels.

Almost same thing in Finland, attention is mostly on AC/DC. However, things will propably change in next two weeks and hype for Guns N Roses starts to gear up.
By the way, most listeners who called the radio and gave their opinion, told to DJ that this isn't going to be biggest thing  from the album  Wink
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2008, 04:41:39 AM »

The problem with countries besides the US is that most dj's have no idea the album is coming out and the ones that have heard something don't believe it till they see it.

I talked to 2 people yesterday from the biggest rock stations in my town and they had no idea. And these guys like GN'R as they are today.

I would have let them know earlier but the problem is that I'm setting up a new business and I've been running like fuckin crazy for that.

What I will do is send 500-600 text messages to all the mobiles of the database I have so they'll know the album is coming...

Hopefully that will wake up some people...

Death Cube K
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2008, 06:26:44 AM »

I talked to 2 people yesterday from the biggest rock stations in my town and they had no idea. And these guys like GN'R as they are today.

They must be horrible in doing their job then.

The GNR news is all over, if they didn't pick up on it I would suggest they take a little time off to actually think about how well they are paying attention to things.

If they like GNR as they are today they would have known, period.
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2008, 07:56:01 AM »

The recordstores I've been to here in Sweden are totally unaware of any album or single. On Universal music Swedens homepage...nothing. Hopefully they are gearing up for some proper full scale promtotion in the week or weeks to come. Maybe just in time for christmas shopping season. I hope they do for their own sake! Or I'll have to go there myself and kick some serious fuckin ass!!! Radio likewise I heaven't heart shit! Ok I don't listen that much to radio anyway.  All we got is bad reviews from clueless fuckheads in the tabloids. One jive ass motherfucker even missed the singles name so people had to google it to know what the moaning was about rant

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2008, 08:10:15 AM »

it feels great as a guns fan who's been on the ass end of jokes and cynicism for the past 6 years because of who my favorite band is to be able to turn on WBAB or KROCK on the way to work first thing in the morning and hear Chinese Democracy playing, with the words "GUNS N' ROSES - CHINESE DEMOCRACY" scrolling by on my cd player and the song ending with the DJ saying "Playing this one early on before I start getting BOMBARDED with text messages again asking for it"

and  hearing people call up, everyone absolutely STOKED about the album and how it sounds.. i haven't smiled as much as i did in the past few days since i was little. Smiley

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2008, 08:30:24 AM »

If they like GNR as they are today they would have known, period.

Liking the band as it is today is a totally different thing from being a loyal fan, logging every day on the forums and learning the news.

These people should have learned about it from the Greek subsidiary of Universal music and not the internet.

Cause they've read so many times crap about it on the internet that they won't believe it anymore, as they didn't when I told them.

It is Universal's job to make it official, like they did in the UK with the full page advert...

But since I don't see them doing such a great job, I guess I'll have to take the lead here and do what I've been doing for the past 5 years in Greece...

Let people know that GN'R are alive and kicking asses...

Text messages have already been sent and I added the song from imeem on my site for them to listen to.

Promotion in Greece starts NOW!!!  Grin
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 08:32:33 AM by Christos AG » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: