Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 03:38:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227900 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  The Irony of this Website
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Irony of this Website  (Read 2371 times)
Krispy Kreme
« on: June 24, 2006, 01:11:55 AM »

People who visit and post on this website, or at least  most of them, are fans of GNR, either the old band  or new band. The old GNR was band that  said what it  wanted, dressed how it wanted, did what it wanted, broke all the rules and did not care. The irony of this website is  that it is dedicated to the band that broke all of the rules--deliberately--but this  site  itself is becoming more and more regulated, rule-oriented, and bureaucratic. Ban those who break the "rules," which proliferate seemingly on a daily basis, can't discuss politics, be careful of going off topic, don't insult anyone, don't do this, don't do that. Really, it is rather ironic how a site that is dedicated to a band that cultivated anarchy (the most  dangerous band  in the world) has become so regulated. 
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 01:29:20 AM »

I don't think so, I think there has to be a line drawn for the sake of us that have posted on this board for years.  When you have someone on here starting the same post 3-4 times about the same stupid shit and doing it to just get a rise out of people, it gets annoying.  Especially with all that's going on, it just clutters up the board.  As for politics, why not join a politics board?  I personally agree about it because any talk of politics usually ends up offending someone and why have that?  As for GNR cultivating anarchy......other than a few cheesy little incidents like pissing in a trash can on a plane or Axl throwing bottles of wine at old ladys, they weren't that dangerous.  They tore up a set on MTV after they were asked...their drug problems were no worse than any other band in Hollywood at the time.  As for dangerous, Vince Neil fucking killed someone because of his stupidity so I'd say that tops the list there.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
EFISH
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 01:50:52 AM »

i'm glad there are rules becuase i dont like seeing new people come on this board and reply to a topic that they don't like..

"THATS BULLSHIT. FUCK OFF." and then the usual new/old band stuff where after a few posts people start shouting "cocksucker" at eachother.

stuff like that.

i hate seeing that, so for that sake, i'm glad the mods are taking things serious here.  Wink

so i agree with the poster above me.. but i still do agree with the original poster... this is a gnr forum, people should relax, be nice.. and we will see some rules vanish over time.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 02:13:09 AM »

Hey yeah, thats ironic. Like if you listen to GnR and still follow rules, you are being, like ironic. Yeah.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 03:55:54 AM »

People who visit and post on this website, or at least  most of them, are fans of GNR, either the old band  or new band. The old GNR was band that  said what it  wanted, dressed how it wanted, did what it wanted, broke all the rules and did not care. The irony of this website is  that it is dedicated to the band that broke all of the rules--deliberately--but this  site  itself is becoming more and more regulated, rule-oriented, and bureaucratic. Ban those who break the "rules," which proliferate seemingly on a daily basis, can't discuss politics, be careful of going off topic, don't insult anyone, don't do this, don't do that. Really, it is rather ironic how a site that is dedicated to a band that cultivated anarchy (the most  dangerous band  in the world) has become so regulated. 

How many times are you gonna bring this issue up again?

We've explained it so many times, especially to you, and you still start threads about it.

Well, the only answer you'll be getting from me (and I'm pretty sure some other mods feel this way too) since you're starting the same discussion all over again, from now on, is if you don't like it leave. So Simple...

Oh, and I'll be locking your SAME threads as well.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 03:59:08 AM by Christos AG » Logged

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 06:48:31 AM »

I bet GN'R had/have rules as well, their own rules.

Anarchy doesn't work.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: