Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:41:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  October 14, 2010 London, England (Discussion)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: October 14, 2010 London, England (Discussion)  (Read 113691 times)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #260 on: October 15, 2010, 05:35:59 AM »

Im wondering what Axl and Duff talked about though, and if they were strictly professional, or if they did this as friends. Wonder what were the conditions and pros of this appearance

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #261 on: October 15, 2010, 05:38:56 AM »

Tommy is the Bass player in Guns and has been for well over 10 years I don't want that to change.

I'm off to Manchester on Monday and I want Tommy to play Bass for all the songs, if Duff turns up then yes it would be cool but only for a song or two, then he can get back to his own shit.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #262 on: October 15, 2010, 05:53:20 AM »

Why would Duff return, when theres Tommy there?  confused Do u wanna fire Tommy to get Duff? or do u wanna have 2 bass players in the band? it doesnt make sense...

Your absolutely right. I like Tommy in the band...but sorry to say that I'm pretty excited to see Duff back on stage with my fav band.
It is a big nostalgian feeling (is that a correct english word?) ...I am fan of this band since the '80s, so please understand my feeling. I am not against Tommy, but Duff and Guns... smoking  drool
You're totally wrong...Tommy General Stinson is bass player in Guns n Roses...Duff was only guest on that show,and I'm not impressed with Duff

New band fuckin rocks,and maybe they need ex members like guests (like Izzy andDuff) on some shows
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #263 on: October 15, 2010, 05:54:56 AM »

Grin sounds epic. I just cried. SO did both tommy and duff play bass? Did axl and duff shake hands or hug on stage? did he just walk out or was he introduced?

As far as I can remember (got back at 3am and haven't slept yet due to work Sad ) there was no hugging or shaking of hands, Duff just walked on when YCBM started. Axl introduced him at the end of the songs. Duff played guitar on a couple of songs as well (Nice boys and Patience I think)
MrGawain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #264 on: October 15, 2010, 06:00:04 AM »

I don't think with all the talk about a new VR album this means anything, apart from Axl is easier to deal with than Scott Weiland.
I noticed GNR's twitter thanked Sebastian Bach and Duff, so that may suggest Bach was the Catalyst for this.

"Thank you so very much to @sebastianbach @duffmckagan64 and most of all the great staff + folks @LondonO2! YouROCK"

Was Duff checking Bach's performance out? I've heard talk about this. Perhaps the hotel room down the hall from Axl's where Duff was playing loud music, was Bach's?  Just rumours at the mo.

It also thanked the o2 for it's great staff. Everyone wondered why the o2 bent it's strict rules for GNR, but after this little news story, the o2 is back in the news as a venue where something big happened- Prince's 21 nights, Led Zep, the failed Jacko comeback- this has kept it in the public eye showing it to be a venue where lots of big stuff happens. And it's only 13 minutes from my house! Thanks o2 arena!
crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #265 on: October 15, 2010, 06:01:27 AM »

Now, that was a night to remember!  ok

First of all, this was another great show! And "you never know what fate has in store for you..."  smoking

Being a fan from 80s, i was very touched and all sentimental seeing Duff on stage with Axl again. It almost brought tears in my eyes.. To be honest, not only because i saw Duff onstage, but watching Uncle smiling whiles saying "Duff"... Just like 2006 when i saw Izzy and Uncle  smiling and holding to eachother onstage at Athens.

But the thing that made me have goosbumps, it s watching Tommy being so supportive to Duff.. I mean look at the end of the video of YCBM... He is clapping hands, giving Duff a big hang - the guy that played bass for this band before him. I admire Tommy SO MUCH, for being so close and supportive to Axl all THESE YEARS, and watching him being so supportive and respectfull to the old members.. He is great! And all the rest - Richard, Frank, Dj etc are so respectfull to the old members..never said a bad thing about them, always welcome them onstage with a big smile!

It was very nice to see Duff onstage with Axl again... They both seemed happy about it! It s nice for the world to see that Axl has no problem with old Guns members - exept Slash of course but that s a whole other subject to talk about  Grin

Now, i saw all the "we ll have a reunion" shit all over internet - it was something to be exepcted after last night.. But look at your hearts, deep inside your hearts, and please think : do you really want a reunion? Is a reunion a fair thing for everybody? i dont think so..

These guys, "the new Gnr" as people says, GUNS N ROSES to my mind - not new, not old but GNR! - are with Axl so many years - a lot more compare to Duff. Slash etc.. They are making great music ,and they seem SO happy being with Axl on stage all these years! i mean for example, do people want Duff to replace Tommy?? Do people wanna see Duff onstage instead of Tommy? I dont. I love Duff, i m more than happy to see him joining the band for a few nights, but Tommy was there through difficult periods in GnR history.. it would not be fair for him or the other guys to replace them!  

So i m with Jarmo on this one - "go fuck yourself" if you think a reunion is about to happen or if you want a reunion to happen cause it s "the right thing for Axl to do".... fuck that.

Hope we ll see again Izzy or Duff - or maybe Matt, Steve, even Slash! on stage with Axl - , but most of all i HOPE that Axl and  company will always have these happy smiles on their faces when perfoming forever! This happy smile that WAS MISSING from Axl face during the last tour back in 1993, and sure missing from Axl face during 1994-2000 wich was the hardest time for Axl!

Hope we ll get more pics/videos from last night - last night was a great night for all the fans!

Fotis  

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #266 on: October 15, 2010, 06:04:33 AM »

Why would Duff return, when theres Tommy there?  confused Do u wanna fire Tommy to get Duff? or do u wanna have 2 bass players in the band? it doesnt make sense...

Your absolutely right. I like Tommy in the band...but sorry to say that I'm pretty excited to see Duff back on stage with my fav band.
It is a big nostalgian feeling (is that a correct english word?) ...I am fan of this band since the '80s, so please understand my feeling. I am not against Tommy, but Duff and Guns... smoking  drool
You're totally wrong...Tommy General Stinson is bass player in Guns n Roses...Duff was only guest on that show,and I'm not impressed with Duff

New band fuckin rocks,and maybe they need ex members like guests (like Izzy andDuff) on some shows

How can you say an opinion is wrong?
I have been a Guns N Roses fan since the earliest 90`s. I think its awesome that Duff hit the stage with Guns N Roses. Duff was the coolest of them all when i was young. So this is really exiting.

I have also met Tommy, and he also awesome! and he is the GNR BASSIST!

So please take this as a fucking great tidbit in GNR history! This band never stops exiting me =)
Tommy showed how awesome bassist and person he is, and shared the stage with Duff! Thats an amazing moment

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #267 on: October 15, 2010, 06:04:57 AM »

Now, that was a night to remember!  ok

First of all, this was another great show! And "you never know what fate has in store for you..."  smoking

Being a fan from 80s, i was very touched and all sentimental seeing Duff on stage with Axl again. It almost brought tears in my eyes.. To be honest, not only because i saw Duff onstage, but watching Uncle smiling whiles saying "Duff"... Just like 2006 when i saw Izzy and Uncle  smiling and holding to eachother onstage at Athens.

But the thing that made me have goosbumps, it s watching Tommy being so supportive to Duff.. I mean look at the end of the video of YCBM... He is clapping hands, giving Duff a big hang - the guy that played bass for this band before him. I admire Tommy SO MUCH, for being so close and supportive to Axl all THESE YEARS, and watching him being so supportive and respectfull to the old members.. He is great! And all the rest - Richard, Frank, Dj etc are so respectfull to the old members..never said a bad thing about them, always welcome them onstage with a big smile!

It was very nice to see Duff onstage with Axl again... They both seemed happy about it! It s nice for the world to see that Axl has no problem with old Guns members - exept Slash of course but that s a whole other subject to talk about  Grin

Now, i saw all the "we ll have a reunion" shit all over internet - it was something to be exepcted after last night.. But look at your hearts, deep inside your hearts, and please think : do you really want a reunion? Is a reunion a fair thing for everybody? i dont think so..

These guys, "the new Gnr" as people says, GUNS N ROSES to my mind - not new, not old but GNR! - are with Axl so many years - a lot more compare to Duff. Slash etc.. They are making great music ,and they seem SO happy being with Axl on stage all these years! i mean for example, do people want Duff to replace Tommy?? Do people wanna see Duff onstage instead of Tommy? I dont. I love Duff, i m more than happy to see him joining the band for a few nights, but Tommy was there through difficult periods in GnR history.. it would not be fair for him or the other guys to replace them!  

So i m with Jarmo on this one - "go fuck yourself" if you think a reunion is about to happen or if you want a reunion to happen cause it s "the right thing for Axl to do".... fuck that.

Hope we ll see again Izzy or Duff - or maybe Matt, Steve, even Slash! on stage with Axl - , but most of all i HOPE that Axl and  company will always have these happy smiles on their faces when perfoming forever! This happy smile that WAS MISSING from Axl face during the last tour back in 1993, and sure missing from Axl face during 1994-2000 wich was the hardest time for Axl!

Hope we ll get more pics/videos from last night - last night was a great night for all the fans!

Fotis  

totally agree with you ok
samoice
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #268 on: October 15, 2010, 06:15:16 AM »

any reviewsd yet?
Im suprised this isnt on radio 1 yet

I was there!!

Reading 2010
The O2 Arena October 13th 2010
The O2 Arena May 31st 2012 - OMG IT WAS AMAZING X10000000 Smiley
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #269 on: October 15, 2010, 06:19:33 AM »

why wouldnt u wanna see Matt Sorum showing up... that was the worst thing that happened to GNR in the 90s. Remember those annoying pointless drum solos he had?  rofl

Steven would be even greater than see Slash, i think Steven was the soul of GNR, his drums made Appetite look 10 times more powerful than it was!

As far as reunion goes... this is why i dont agree with it: the new band guys.. Tommy, Pittman, Dizzy Reed just to mention a few have been with Axl for years now, supporting him and helping him to rebuild GNR so we can actually have our favorite band on the road and making new albums. Even if Axl wanted a reunion now, dont u think it would be unfair to actually kick those guys that stood by him during all this time and have the old guys who basically left Axl alone years ago and through all these years werent supportive at all.

Even if Axl wanted it, which is not the case... im telling you.. if Axl did the reunion, i would lose a lot of respect i have for him...
I dont believe he will, and i want this new band to continue.

The only thing good about a reunion, would probably be that the people who are hoarding songs would leak them in order to promote the new band because most of them dont care about the old band anymore. (i didnt say this, you havent heard it from me).  hihi

But no... i dont want a reunion, neither i think its gonna happen

w.david rose
Rocker

"I Believe In Israel"- W.AXL ROSE 13.06.06

« Reply #270 on: October 15, 2010, 06:20:30 AM »

You damn right Fotis

the most sick fan in the middle east
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #271 on: October 15, 2010, 06:29:41 AM »

Cool shit   Cool

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #272 on: October 15, 2010, 06:35:08 AM »

Where did I claimed that Tommy isn't the bass player?!? Please don't twist my words.
You have you r opinion, I have mine about Duff. Keep it like that.
Is it wrong to be excited about old members seeing back on stage? The reason this band has so many fans is because of the original band, do not forget that. This doesn't mean I don't like the current lineup, because I fucking do!!

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #273 on: October 15, 2010, 06:55:37 AM »

"Correct...but do you think it's just a one time thing..or for a few shows like with Izzy? Or is there also a possibility of Duff reuniting with GN'R?
No full reunion but maybe only Duff that might return?? Dunno...isn't that possible? If Axl and him are friends (again)...I think it would be great. Anyhow...let's see what happens. It was a big and nice suprise!! "

I didnt twist anything dude  rant this was your post...you asked if we thought it was possible for Duff to reunite with GNR on your last question!

I gave my answer to that! Sorry bro but i dont think i twisted anything  ok

miljana
Opening Act

Here today

« Reply #274 on: October 15, 2010, 06:56:24 AM »

If I knew this is going to happen, I would definitely try to be there.

Tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #275 on: October 15, 2010, 06:56:49 AM »

If I knew this is going to happen, I would definitely try to be there.

me too!

The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #276 on: October 15, 2010, 06:59:08 AM »

"Correct...but do you think it's just a one time thing..or for a few shows like with Izzy? Or is there also a possibility of Duff reuniting with GN'R?
No full reunion but maybe only Duff that might return?? Dunno...isn't that possible? If Axl and him are friends (again)...I think it would be great. Anyhow...let's see what happens. It was a big and nice suprise!! "

I didnt twist anything dude  rant this was your post...you asked if we thought it was possible for Duff to reunite with GNR on your last question!

Then how can I be wrong? I am asking for a 'possibility'Huh
You could say 'no, I don't think it"s a possibility'... But no, you rather immediatelly attack and say 'you're wrong'... dude

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #277 on: October 15, 2010, 07:02:38 AM »

Then how can I be wrong? I am asking for a 'possibility'Huh
You could say 'no, I don't think it"s a possibility'... But no, you rather immediatelly attack and say 'you're wrong'... dude

I didnt say you were wrong in anyway, i said theres just no possibility of that happening! which there isnt, nothing indicates that and that it didnt make sense since you had Tommy there

gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #278 on: October 15, 2010, 07:03:24 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSjzbh3RHTw

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #279 on: October 15, 2010, 07:03:32 AM »

I dont think this mean that we have more chances of reunion.Slash will not be there for sure,so there is no point of having izzy and Duff in the band without Slash.

If the reunion happens would be a dream come true,but if not,after watching the current lineup on tour,i will enjoy the future for sure.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: