Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 05:06:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227874 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  October 14, 2010 London, England (Discussion)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: October 14, 2010 London, England (Discussion)  (Read 113768 times)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #420 on: October 16, 2010, 07:18:53 AM »

What's wrong with being a bootlegger ? Being a hoarder (?)  is bad but you share with us so...

THANK YOU for lettin us enjoy and remember !

beer

Nothing wrong, I just don't want people to get the wrong idea. I don't have cameras and mics and everything.

I just have my Sony cam for pics and that's it...

Galileo
Headliner

« Reply #421 on: October 16, 2010, 08:00:02 AM »

Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #422 on: October 16, 2010, 10:26:17 AM »

Anyone who says they wouldn't be happy to see at least one show with the old band can, "Go fuck yourselves".

Jarmo did you even like Guns prior to the 2000's? Why would you, as the owner of an amazing Guns site, tell people to go fuck themselves for thinking about a reunion? Obviously no one should get that idea from this, but don't act like a tool for no reason.

The new band is cool, and they released a good cd, and I think if they all wrote together it could be really good. But no matter how great the music is, they will never be the old band, not that they have to be. Axl is completely separate from the rest of the guys. You see any of the videos of the band practicing? Axl is nowhere to be found. These guys are hired guns, no pun intended. They're good, and I enjoy them, but that's what they are.

Any of you who say, "A reunion would be a step back" are absolutely fucking jackasses. A reunion of 5 of the greatest musicians of all time would be a step back? Yeah that makes sense. This site is unbelievable sometimes. THE NEW BAND IS GOOD. I GET IT. I LIKE THEM. THEY SHOULD GET MORE CREDIT. Why can't you like the new band but realize that they aren't, and never will be on the level of what the original 5 were? I can't believe people honestly would not want the original 5 together. Why are you all Guns fans? Did you start with Chinese Democracy? If so, then okay, I understand. But nearly all of us started with Appetite, which was one of the greatest albums ever made. That was back when Guns N Roses was an actual band...5 guys who were equals. What we have now is cool, because it's better than nothing, and the musicianship is impressive, but all it is, is a cover band with the original lead singer. Axl is making 50 times what the others are making. He wanted a band he could dictate to, and he's got it. He's got a group of guys that are just happy to be a part of Guns, so they'll put up with going on an hour late or not having any say in anything.

The new band is great, but you all would shit your pants if the old band got back together, don't act like you wouldn't. And Jarmo, you should be about a thousand times more professional. You've got one of the best, if not the best, Guns site on the internet. Maybe it makes you a little cocky, and maybe I get banned for speaking against you, but don't be a douche bag just because you're in a position of power.

Well said!!! I love this new band actually i'm going to see them in Barcelona the next 23rd but everyone here would be more than happy if the old line up play one gig

Cheers!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #423 on: October 16, 2010, 10:42:06 AM »

Turning into another old band vs new band thread... ( yawn).

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #424 on: October 16, 2010, 11:15:59 AM »

anyone has a video of the end of the gig when the band takes a bow?

"you nor anyone will ever dictate my actions" - Axl Rose
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #425 on: October 16, 2010, 11:24:48 AM »

Anyone who says they wouldn't be happy to see at least one show with the old band can, "Go fuck yourselves".

Jarmo did you even like Guns prior to the 2000's? Why would you, as the owner of an amazing Guns site, tell people to go fuck themselves for thinking about a reunion? Obviously no one should get that idea from this, but don't act like a tool for no reason.

He didn't say that. He said that Duff playing with GN'R isn't a sign of a reunion...so...the "Go fuck yourselves" wasn't to those who wants the reunion. It was for people that thinks that Duff playing with GN'R is a sign of reunion

The new band is cool, and they released a good cd, and I think if they all wrote together it could be really good. But no matter how great the music is, they will never be the old band, not that they have to be. Axl is completely separate from the rest of the guys. You see any of the videos of the band practicing? Axl is nowhere to be found. These guys are hired guns, no pun intended. They're good, and I enjoy them, but that's what they are.

They will never be the old band...who wants to be "the old band" anyway? Did you ask...I don't know...Tommy Stinson if he wants to be the "new" Duff.

Axl was ALWAYS separate from the rest of the guys. Is something called "personality".

Any of you who say, "A reunion would be a step back" are absolutely fucking jackasses. A reunion of 5 of the greatest musicians of all time would be a step back? Yeah that makes sense. This site is unbelievable sometimes. THE NEW BAND IS GOOD. I GET IT. I LIKE THEM. THEY SHOULD GET MORE CREDIT. Why can't you like the new band but realize that they aren't, and never will be on the level of what the original 5 were? I can't believe people honestly would not want the original 5 together. Why are you all Guns fans? Did you start with Chinese Democracy? If so, then okay, I understand. But nearly all of us started with Appetite, which was one of the greatest albums ever made. That was back when Guns N Roses was an actual band...5 guys who were equals. What we have now is cool, because it's better than nothing, and the musicianship is impressive, but all it is, is a cover band with the original lead singer. Axl is making 50 times what the others are making. He wanted a band he could dictate to, and he's got it. He's got a group of guys that are just happy to be a part of Guns, so they'll put up with going on an hour late or not having any say in anything.

Wow...people cannot tell you to fuck yourself because you want the reunion but you can say that the person who thinks that the reunion would be a step back is a jackass? Paradoxical...

"Why can't you like the new band but realize that they aren't, and never will be on the level of what the original 5 were?". Yes...you're right. The current line-up is better. Listen some of your bootlegs and you'll see. Stop the nostalgia, man.

The new band is great, but you all would shit your pants if the old band got back together, don't act like you wouldn't. And Jarmo, you should be about a thousand times more professional. You've got one of the best, if not the best, Guns site on the internet. Maybe it makes you a little cocky, and maybe I get banned for speaking against you, but don't be a douche bag just because you're in a position of power.

If you are interested in my "jackass opinion", I wouldn't shit my pants if the old band got back together (impossible, by the way). Pure nostalgia. Why can't you accept that there's people who loves this band more than AFD or UYI band? Is that hard? You refer to Jarmo as an intolerant guy but can't you see that you're acting like an intolerant too..?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 11:27:43 AM by Ulises » Logged

Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #426 on: October 16, 2010, 12:44:12 PM »

Not a lot of videos from the 14th...but I found some....The nightrain one is pretty good.

http://gnrworld.wordpress.com/2010/10/14/london-england-o2-arena-2-nights-sold-out-set-list-pics-and-videos/

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #427 on: October 16, 2010, 12:52:55 PM »

Ive been reading the comments about a so called "reunion" of the band.....

The attacks to Jarmo, and telling him that he probably didn't like GnR before 2000 is pretty stupid.  I've been a fan since 1986, saw them in concerts since 1988, loved the old band, but the new ERA is WAY better than anything the old line-up would give us.

Great musicians, great gigs etc etc. 

I don't want to see the old line up back.  It would be just for the money, and THAT is not fucking Rock n Roll!  I like to see Robert Plant saying NO to a reunionas much  I like seing Axl say NO to a reunion too.  Couple of gigs here and there with ex members are cool, but that's it. 

Axcl is happy now, and forcing him into a reunion would just make him mad, and the gigs would suck!

ANyhow...just my 2 cents!

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #428 on: October 16, 2010, 01:20:38 PM »

Absolutely amazing couple of nights at the 02... I have some pretty good pics (if i do say so myself!), will upload once back home on Tues.  Was standing about 5/10 rows from front on both nights and finally managed to get a few non-blurry pics of axl - at last!
So many highlights... Shacklers was FIERCE!, SO great to hear it live, the crowd was a lot more crazy on 14th ( at least where me and ianlei were), a few fights broke out (pissed dickheads that were soon dealt with) and lots of shoving, but it was great being in a psyched up crowd, esp for Jungle, and there was great atmos all around.
Was really cool seeing duff prowling onstage for YCBM, - tommy was so wonderful to him, and ron and frank too. Fkn cool moment - like seeing Izzy at Download 06 for me, brilliant guest spots.  Am sure I saw duff mouthing "wow" at DJ when he (DJ) was playing a solo (patience??) at the front . no fkn shit - DJ is fkn incredible.
GnR are incredible. I am SO happy that these shows went so well, after the largely lame ass crowds and ensuing shit at Reading. They grabbed the 02 by the balls.  I love their onstage chemistry, Axl smiling so much and sounding just out of this world. Nice Boys was another highlight for me and Sorry - i just love that live. Thanks to everyone (you know who you are, and GnR esp!) who made these two nights so damn special for me...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #429 on: October 16, 2010, 02:01:02 PM »

I also have to give props to Baz, both nights he was like an animal.

I also love his new song, forgot the name, but he always says it's from the heart. I hope he plays it at Birmingham, Manchester and Barcelona too.

I also like the new guitar spot towards the end of the GN'R show, while my guitar gently weeps, that rocks.  ok
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 02:08:28 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #430 on: October 16, 2010, 02:13:37 PM »

I also have to give props to Baz, both nights he was like an animal.

I also love his new song, I hope he plays it at Birmingham, Manchester and Barcelona too.

I also like the new guitar spot towards the end of the show, while my guitar gently weeps.  ok

Agreed.

Baz really cares about Rock n Roll, he's a big kid with an even bigger heart and his comments about 1989 makes me think that he wishes that time would just stay still and and let him stay at the most exciting period of his life.

Baz also let it be known that he cares about Axl and that he wanted to do justice as the Guns n Roses "fluffer" making sure the audience were well primed for (inter)action with the main act.  Speaking as somebody who wasn't at the 14th show, but the 13th, it made me laugh the way he stopped a song to tell the crowd off for being lame and the crowd instantly did as they were told  rofl rofl Your the man Baz  ok

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
RobJ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #431 on: October 16, 2010, 04:50:49 PM »

Finally got round to putting some pix on here (a couple are in the 13th thread too)

Sorry about the size!

And my two favourites

Also, one of the guys I was stood with took an incredible video of Duff during YCBM that needs to be seen by everyone!! Sound isn't great but who cares, it's an incredible video! Love the look between Axl n Duff!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzdOByONweI

There are about 150 more pix on my fb, the ones above are just a taster lol,  feel free to have a look...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?aid=244763&id=508197311

enjoy them all  Smiley
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #432 on: October 16, 2010, 04:53:22 PM »

^ very cool pics and video!  Cheesy
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #433 on: October 16, 2010, 04:53:45 PM »

These are both mine...  I posted a link on facebook for 86 pics...

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #434 on: October 16, 2010, 04:58:17 PM »

vey nice pics man! ok

Thanks a lot!

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #435 on: October 16, 2010, 05:04:34 PM »

I love how Axl sings to Duff, and "ill rip your heart in two", fucking bad ass! and Duff's face is priceless!

I dont think Axl and Duff see eye to eye just yet... i can notice some bitterness and some animosity coming from both sides just by watching the videos... but who knows, maybe they sorted things out backstage

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #436 on: October 16, 2010, 05:08:02 PM »

I dont think Axl and Duff see eye to eye just yet... i can notice some bitterness and some animosity coming from both sides just by watching the videos... but who knows, maybe they sorted things out backstage

I guess what you are seeing is just some ackwardness due to the fact that they haven't shared the same stage for a long time and this was a pretty spontaneous thing to do IMO.
RobJ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #437 on: October 16, 2010, 05:15:27 PM »

I guess what you are seeing is just some ackwardness due to the fact that they haven't shared the same stage for a long time and this was a pretty spontaneous thing to do IMO.

At the time it crossed my mind for a split second (before i thought "Wow... Duff!!!" again)... But when I watch the video I think it seems more of a fun thing than animosity really... I dunno, personally I wouldn't let someone guest on stage with me/wouldn't play at someones show if I was still really bitter towards them lol. Would have loved to see them bump into each other in that hotel!!

Either way, awesome show and I'm so grateful to whoever/whatever made Duff's return happen... I've never been part of history before  Cheesy
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #438 on: October 16, 2010, 05:17:06 PM »

Wow, my video made it to Rollingstone.com and it was posted on GN'R's Facebook!!!

And Blabbermouth as well...  beer

RobJ
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #439 on: October 16, 2010, 05:22:48 PM »

I saw it on Rolling Stone today and thought, "Hey, I recognise that!" Congratulations mate!!

Do they have to ask your permission or anything, or can they just lift it from YouTube and use it?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: