Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 01:27:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227928 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Receiving Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame - July 10th
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Receiving Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame - July 10th  (Read 37374 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2010, 02:58:45 PM »

I Need Good Music SLASH... NOT Stars... Please.

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2010, 03:05:58 PM »

Five years experience? Wow.

So it's even less prestigious than I thought...

/jarmo

That's what I was getting at.

I can't believe that people can't accept that a few people maybe are a little surprised at what getting inducted in the walk of fame involves. And god forbid, maybe them same people have came to the conclusion that it's not the amazing thing it is made out to be.

And please don't try to justify will.i.am getting inducted, because if you do, it makes it seem like you are totally biast. The fact is will.i.am is no legend, not even close. So if someone like him gets inducted, why is it hard for people to accept that some others may think it's not as prestigous as once thought?.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2010, 03:28:31 PM »

Couldnt care less to be honest; it is what it is ok

the whole Walk of Fame was created to draw in tourists to revitalize a downtrodden section of LA Wink
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 03:34:27 PM by oldgunsfan » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2010, 03:28:52 PM »

Yeah but that can be said about anything. whether it be a grammy, or an academy award.. u can always point to something else to try and discredit or make it not seem like a big deal.

like the grammy, when VR won, what did people do? well Jethro Tull won back in 1980 whatever so grammys are meaningless etc. they take one thing and twist it into undermining the entire accomplishment. so just cause jethro tull won, grammys now are null and void.

it would be like someone coming on here and bragging how GNR or Bon Jovi or Kiss or whomever sold out Madison Square Garden and then some non fan turning that into "Well Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus sold it out also"

u can discredit anything if u want, or u can make it out to be a big deal if u want. just depends on what side of the fence u are on with the person in question.

Will I Am has done major things in the pop/hip hop world.. i personally hate everything he has done, but sales figures, chart success etc doesn't lie.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 03:30:28 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2010, 03:36:24 PM »

I Need Good Music SLASH... NOT Stars... Please.

buy his album then
if you don't like it, or slash, why waiste your time here? to troll?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2010, 08:28:40 PM »

Yeah but that can be said about anything. whether it be a grammy, or an academy award.. u can always point to something else to try and discredit or make it not seem like a big deal.

Well and you get upset when somebody points out how Grammy awards are pretty much bought by the record company. Another promotional campaign so to speak.

It is what it is. Some of you get upset when facts are pointed out because you want it to be this important magical mystery achievement that only those who truly deserve it get.

When somebody points out that that's not how the real world operates, you get upset.

Will I Am has done major things in the pop/hip hop world.. i personally hate everything he has done, but sales figures, chart success etc doesn't lie.

Sales figures? Is that how the art is measured?

MC Hammer, Milli Vanilli and Vanilla Ice has sold a bunch of records too. Do they all have stars?

They probably had careers that lasted over five years too.  ok

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2010, 09:02:02 PM »

Slash is very deserving of this award.   It is basically a landmark of Hollywood. 

I'm sure that one day some of the "other" members will get a star.  Smiley
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2010, 10:01:21 PM »

I'm there when he gets his Star  smoking Cool ok Cool smoking
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2010, 10:35:05 PM »

Well and you get upset when somebody points out how Grammy awards are pretty much bought by the record company. Another promotional campaign so to speak.

It is what it is. Some of you get upset when facts are pointed out because you want it to be this important magical mystery achievement that only those who truly deserve it get.

When somebody points out that that's not how the real world operates, you get upset.

Sales figures? Is that how the art is measured?

MC Hammer, Milli Vanilli and Vanilla Ice has sold a bunch of records too. Do they all have stars?

They probably had careers that lasted over five years too.  ok

hihi

/jarmo

Grammys are bought by the label?? I honestly didn't know that. that sucks.

Hey u better leave MC Hammer out of it rofl..... that reminds me, who was the MC Hammer guy on this forum.... drivin me nuts tryin to remember.......................

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2010, 10:38:18 PM »

Jarmo, its the walk of FAME!  Not walk of "best band, actor, guitarist, singer" ever.  Its for famous people.  There are way too many people on that list that shouldn't be there, but Slash isn't one of those people.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2010, 10:57:30 PM »

Jarmo, its the walk of FAME!  Not walk of "best band, actor, guitarist, singer" ever.  Its for famous people.  There are way too many people on that list that shouldn't be there, but Slash isn't one of those people.

i wonder if the other two fucking thousand people who have a star received this much scrutiny for getting one rofl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2010, 11:41:29 PM »

in Jarmo's defense, i don't think he is saying Slash doesn't deserve one, only it isn't the "honor" maybe we all thought it was to get one.

I honestly thought u were selected by an independent committee or something.. I didn't know like your wife could nominate u etc.

does diminish it a bit i agree

still cool though

but wasn't exactly how i thought it went down.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2010, 12:08:58 AM »

in Jarmo's defense, i don't think he is saying Slash doesn't deserve one, only it isn't the "honor" maybe we all thought it was to get one.

I honestly thought u were selected by an independent committee or something.. I didn't know like your wife could nominate u etc.

does diminish it a bit i agree

still cool though

but wasn't exactly how i thought it went down.

probably no one cared enough to find out until Slash got the nod ok hihi

I never knew how it happened, and never really cared to know, and now that i do know, i could still care less rofl

Slash gets the nod and all of a sudden, we got hundreds of experts on the nomination process to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame hihi rofl

next there will be a online petition to change the nomination process b/c irate GnR fans don't approve of the nomination and selection process rofl
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2010, 12:36:19 AM »

Its not a huge deal, and honestly, I figured he already had one.  The people making the biggest deal are not what I would call "fans" of Slash.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2010, 03:19:38 AM »

When Slash gets his star, he should release a music video were he comes up from underground (under his star) and starts soloing like a madman.  (like estranged).
That would be a great act of self promotion and id love to see some peoples reactions to that.  rofl

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2010, 07:46:42 AM »

It would be cool if he plays something during the ceremony, but I doubt it.

Fuck 'Em All.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2010, 08:57:40 AM »

Finally you see what we are saying. I really don't think anyone really cares about him getting a star, it was more that it really isn't as big a deal as people think it is.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2010, 09:27:22 AM »

Maybe some people can go and walk over it to make themselves feel better. Cheesy

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2010, 05:18:22 PM »

Well if Slash is getting a star, they should give one to Duff, Axl, Steven & Izzy too!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2010, 05:28:13 PM »

Well if Slash is getting a star, they should give one to Duff, Axl, Steven & Izzy too!
look up how he got his star rofl
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: