Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:14:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VR is back. New album & Tour!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR is back. New album & Tour!!  (Read 27117 times)
Estranged85
Rocker

Why must it drift away and die?

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2012, 04:34:15 PM »

I got so excited for this only to be let down  Sad I have absolutely no interest in Slash musically after VR broke up. His solo stuff is just not my thing, I cannot stand Myles' nasal voice too long at a time.  The songs I've heard of the new record hasn't impressed me either, so the thought of a VR reunion made me really excited. Axl and Scott are brilliant front men, how Slash could go from them to Myles I don't understand. Oh well, whatever makes him happy I guess.
andrei1984
Opening Act

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2012, 10:43:09 PM »

So weiland gave an interview to ABC News Radio, saying he's back in the band working on new material and an upcoming tour end of summer/fall.

Than Slash Said Weiland is out of his mind and not back in the band.

I say get Buckethead to Replace Slash! haha

http://www.nme.com/news/velvet-revolver/63802
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2012, 11:57:53 PM »

here's what happened:
http://loudwire.com/slash-scott-weiland-velvet-revolver-hes-a-great-guy-not-in-a-band-with-him/

sounds like Dave and Scott chatted about it... but Scott got owned by Slash.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2012, 12:27:39 AM »

here's what happened:
http://loudwire.com/slash-scott-weiland-velvet-revolver-hes-a-great-guy-not-in-a-band-with-him/

More like the fans got owned by Slash.  First Corey Taylor, now Scott Weiland.  Slash has been throwing wrenches in the gears of VR for a long time now, just break the band up if you no interest in doing it anymore.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2012, 04:06:00 AM »

here's what happened:

More like the fans got owned by Slash.  First Corey Taylor, now Scott Weiland.  Slash has been throwing wrenches in the gears of VR for a long time now, just break the band up if you no interest in doing it anymore.
agree. i think the rest of the guys are into it duff, dave, matt and scott. Come on slash!!!. .... what if... robin fink.. hmmmm....

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2012, 09:19:21 AM »

The only meaning all this talk has is that there will be no Slash. I mean, Scott sounds absolutely positive about it and Slash seems positively unaware. Perhaps they will get another lead guitar player...

What about Steve Stevens? Duff and Matt are friends with him, and in my opinion it would work out great.

A VR without Slash would be like a GNR without Slash rofl

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
overmatik
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2012, 12:56:37 PM »

The only meaning all this talk has is that there will be no Slash. I mean, Scott sounds absolutely positive about it and Slash seems positively unaware. Perhaps they will get another lead guitar player...

What about Steve Stevens? Duff and Matt are friends with him, and in my opinion it would work out great.

A VR without Slash would be like a GNR without Slash rofl

I agree with you, but they could just change the name, right? I say, get a new guitar player and move on, as there is no reason for the guys not to play together because of Slash, IF they really want to play together. Let Slash and Myles be happy with their little band...

That is why I mentioned Steve. As some of you may know, the Neurotic Outsiders original line-up consisted of Duff/Matt/Steve/Idol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJO-XcQrlX4

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:59:49 PM by overmatik » Logged
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2012, 03:40:11 PM »

here's what happened:

Why? Bands rarely break up anymore anyway-Guns, Van halen have all had years of no touring/albums

libertad
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2012, 03:41:18 PM »

Even STP never officially broke up

libertad
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2012, 04:16:39 PM »

Formal announcement of a break up is just silly, not to mention bad business.

Why close a door officially if said door is even slightly ajar?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2012, 04:48:39 PM »

Seems like Slash really likes playing with Myles and the solo band. So he has no real interest getting VR back together and looks like the least diplomatic of all the guys regarding a singer.

Agree that the remaining guys should look into replacing Slash. I really cant picture VR calling themselves VR without Weiland fronting them.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2012, 05:00:46 PM »

because Slash keeps slamming the door shut on potentially great opportunities.  First Corey Taylor then Scott Weiland, Slash is not going to find a frontman better than either of those two, so what is the point?
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2012, 05:04:07 PM »

Exactly-I think R.E.M and Oasis are 2 bands to kind of officially break up-no one holds a press confrence or anything to break up anymore-Slash could leave the band, but it sounds like he wants to do something with another singer down the road

libertad
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »

because Slash keeps slamming the door shut on potentially great opportunities.  First Corey Taylor then Scott Weiland, Slash is not going to find a frontman better than either of those two, so what is the point?

Come on man... many of us gave Axl the benefit of the doubt while he was fielding new members of GNR.  Give these guys time.  I want to hear new stuff from them too, but if the singer isn't right, the singer isn't right. 
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2012, 05:07:06 PM »

If he's not into it, why do it? Because every one else wants him to do it? I would love to see Corey Taylor do it, but not half assed, or if it means at the end of the tour, more "it just wasn't right" interviews

libertad
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2012, 06:00:42 PM »

If he's not into it, why do it? Because every one else wants him to do it? I would love to see Corey Taylor do it, but not half assed, or if it means at the end of the tour, more "it just wasn't right" interviews

Duff, Matt, Dave and Corey apparently all wanted to do it, Slash was the one who axed it.  Does it seem fair that 1 person in the whole band stops the other 3? 
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2012, 06:18:37 PM »

Duff, Matt, Dave and Corey apparently all wanted to do it, Slash was the one who axed it.  Does it seem fair that 1 person in the whole band stops the other 3? 

If he feels that strongly, yes.

libertad
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2012, 06:36:45 PM »

Just because he slammed the door on Corey and Scott doesn't mean he won't open the door for another or re-open the door with one of those 2 at some point in time.

Never say never, at least publicly - it's just goofy.

Closure is a strange beast - especially for fans.

Some need it, some don't....

« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:05:19 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2012, 11:37:46 PM »

Can't wait to hear nu-VR.  rofl

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2012, 08:22:33 AM »

Im sure thats the case with a lot of bands.  I doubt anything happens in GNR without Axl agreeing.   

To be honest, Im sure Slash didn't want Corey as he'd be busy with other projects too much.  And as for Scott, why go backwards?

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: