Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:53:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash/Steven Adler Talk 25th Anniversary Of Guns N' Roses AFD; Video
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash/Steven Adler Talk 25th Anniversary Of Guns N' Roses AFD; Video  (Read 4479 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: July 19, 2012, 01:07:37 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: We Interview Slash In Honour Of The 25th Anniversary Of Guns N' Roses 'Appetite For Destruction'

19 July, 2012

They were a small time band that went on to create an album that changed music forever. Guns N' Roses' Appetite For Destruction. And today we celebrate the 25th anniversary.

Video interview with Slash: http://www.triplem.com.au/brisbane/music/news/blog/exclusive-we-interview-slash-in-honour-of-the-25th-anniversary-of-guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction/20120718-grk4.html

Appetite For Destruction Turns 25

http://stereogum.com/1098381/appetite-for-destruction-turns-25/top-stories/

« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:56:38 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 04:55:11 PM »

Here is Steven...

Ex-GUNS N' ROSES Drummer STEVEN ADLER Talks About 25th Anniversary Of 'Appetite For Destruction - July 19, 2012

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current ADLER drummer Steven Adler recently sat down with AOL's Noisecreep recently to discuss the 25th anniversary of GNR's "Appetite For Destruction", one of the most successful and important debut albums of all time which has gone on to sell more than 30 million copies.

Check out the video footage below.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=176993

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 07:55:58 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: We Interview Slash In Honour Of The 25th Anniversary Of Guns N' Roses 'Appetite For Destruction'

Video interview with Slash: http://www.triplem.com.au/brisbane/music/news/blog/exclusive-we-interview-slash-in-honour-of-the-25th-anniversary-of-guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction/20120718-grk4.html

This is what he says in the video, thanks to Blabbermouth.net for the transcription:

SLASH Talks About The 25th Anniversary Of GUNS N' ROSES' 'Appetite For Destruction' (Video) - July 19, 2012

Video footage of Slash talking to Australia's long-running radio station Triple M about the 25th anniversary of GUNS N' ROSES' classic debut album, "Appetite For Destruction", can be seen below.

"'Appetite' is not what you'd call a favorite record [of mine]," Slash admitted. "I never even thought of it that way. It's a good record, but, to me, it's still that record that we made at the time when all that shit was happening. I mean, when we recorded [those songs], it was just what we were doing [at the time], and so I still look at it that way. I don't see it as being the big record that other people see it as; I'm too close to it."

He continued, "When we got together, as far as I was concerned, we were definitely the only five guys that could have made up that band. There were a lot of different configurations ? Steven [Adler, drums] and I; Steven, Duff [McKagan, bass] and I; Steven, Axl [Rose, vocals] and I; Izzy [Stradlin, guitar] and Axl; Izzy, Axl and Duff ? and it finally finally settled into what became that band. And I don't think any of the other configurations could have possibly worked to make up what GUNS N' ROSES really was. And the record I just sort of a basic snapshot of life going on from 1984 to 1987, and it's a very honest record. I would never have thought in a million years that it was gonna be as successful as it became. Obviously, I thought we were a great band, I thought the songs were great, and I always stood behind that, but I thought we'd be more of a hard rock cult band."

"At this point that it became so iconic, I think one of the reasons is the fact that it was talking about stuff that nobody really talked about at the time, it was delivered with an attitude that was so sincere that a lot of people really related to it because we said things that people would have felt uncomfortable about saying but felt those same things. And we were living really on the edge and singing about it and people were like, 'Wow, that's pretty brutal.'

"The songs happened so quickly, they almost wrote themselves ? honestly. With Axl, I know that he was always very, very conscientious of the lyrics and might have spent some more time with the lyrics, but the actual arrangements and the music itself would come together within an hour. We might have fine-tuned some stuff later on, but we'd be playing a new song in a club after only having worked on it for a couple of hours."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=177005

Doofey
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 10:07:23 PM »

What happened to Steven never discussing GNR or Axl again? It's only been like 3 months.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 11:53:08 PM »

What happened to Steven never discussing GNR or Axl again? It's only been like 3 months.

He only said he wouldn't discuss Axl.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 11:59:47 PM »

Here is Steven...

Ex-GUNS N' ROSES Drummer STEVEN ADLER Talks About 25th Anniversary Of 'Appetite For Destruction - July 19, 2012

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current ADLER drummer Steven Adler recently sat down with AOL's Noisecreep recently to discuss the 25th anniversary of GNR's "Appetite For Destruction", one of the most successful and important debut albums of all time which has gone on to sell more than 30 million copies.

Check out the video footage below.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=

He doesn't look sober here, just my opinion.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 03:33:24 PM »

Steven hasn't looked sober since pre school.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: