Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:13:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Nothing Left To Fear
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nothing Left To Fear  (Read 9322 times)
peter7411226
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: September 27, 2013, 02:58:27 PM »

Who's going to see it? ( Secretly wondering if this thread gets deleted)
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 03:30:24 PM »

I'd like to as a horror fan, but I must say it looks pretty generic.  Do we even know where the movie is playing yet?  I've been trying to find showtimes for it when it comes out Oct 4. 

I know it comes out on blu-ray/VOD on Oct 8 so I might just see it when its available there. 
Princess Leia
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 04:36:34 AM »

I'd like to as a horror fan, but I must say it looks pretty generic.  Do we even know where the movie is playing yet?  I've been trying to find showtimes for it when it comes out Oct 4. 

I know it comes out on blu-ray/VOD on Oct 8 so I might just see it when its available there. 

Slash said in his twitter that tickets are available in Fandango.
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 01:54:46 PM »

Yes I know, but you obviously did not check Fandango.  I live in NYC (Manhattan) and this movie supposedly isn't playing in the city on October 4.  If its not playing in NYC, where the hell is this thing playing? 

Usually there is an official movie website that lists where its playing.  I have only found a Facebook page and that does not help either. 
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 03:00:45 PM »

Who's going to see it? ( Secretly wondering if this thread gets deleted)
Not sure why this thread would be deleted since it seems to be in the proper section, but regardless, I'll check it out Blu-ray/DVD most likely.

Ali
Princess Leia
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 05:45:16 AM »

Yes I know, but you obviously did not check Fandango.  I live in NYC (Manhattan) and this movie supposedly isn't playing in the city on October 4.  If its not playing in NYC, where the hell is this thing playing? 

Usually there is an official movie website that lists where its playing.  I have only found a Facebook page and that does not help either. 

For sure it is played in L.A. according to Slash twitter. All I can tell you is try typing as many NY Zip Codes in Fandango as you can. Maybe you find a theater near you
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 10:52:55 AM »

So today Fandango is now saying that 1 theater in NYC is carrying the film this weekend.  I might go check it out.   ok
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 01:40:34 PM »

Well I never checked out the movie in the theater, but its available to rent from the NY public library.  I'll give a review after I've watched it
WAR41
VIP

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 11:01:17 AM »

So I watched Nothing Left To Fear over the weekend.  It is very very average.  Its a generic horror movie and while it's not a bloody movie, it relies way too heavily on CGI.  I think it could have been a decent horror movie, but it just did not come together.  The highlight of the cast is Clancy Brown who played the head security guard in Shawshank Redemption.  He was great, but the rest of the cast was largely ineffective. 

One of the highlights of the DVD was the making of featurette.  It runs about 15 minutes and Slash is heavily involved in it and its clear that he was passionate about the project which is cool.  I did not listen to the audio commentary, but Slash is on that as well. 

Anyone else see this yet?   
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 02:07:41 AM »

So I watched Nothing Left To Fear.  It is very very average.  Its a generic horror movie and while it's not a bloody movie, it relies way too heavily on CGI.  I think it could have been a decent horror movie, but it just did not come together.  The highlight of the cast is Clancy Brown.   He was great, but the rest of the cast was largely ineffective. 

One of the highlights of the DVD was the making of featurette.  It runs about 15 minutes and Slash is heavily involved in it and its clear that he was passionate about the project which is cool.

Anyone else see this yet?   

Yeah, I saw it tonight.  By dubbing it average, you're giving it more credit than I would.  The writing was bad, and the directing was amateurish with a lot of shaky camera work and bad angles.  The CGI looked like shit like most low budget (and high budget for that matter) CGI does.

I'm not going to be too hard on the actors since the script was pure shit; they weren't given anything to work with.  I concur that Clancy Brown had the best role and he chewed the scenery -- reminding me of how his performance in PET SEMATARY 2 was the only thing that kept me watching that steaming turd 'til the end.  Given the veteran status of Anne Heche, I was surprised to see her wasted in such a useless, underwritten role.

The blonde teen actress had nice boobs.  The musical score was good, not surprising since Slash co-composed it.  The title song was fantastic, though I'm not sure what the title NOTHING LEFT TO FEAR actually has to do with this movie.  There were definitely some tense, eerie scenes, but the film was overall poorly constructed and took wayyyyy too long to deliver anything even close to satisfying, which it ultimately never does anyway.

Slash's comments on the featurette were more interesting than anything in the film.  Everyone else on the featurette was blowing a lot of hot air about how great and "beautiful" this film was, including Clancy Brown who compared this film to ROSEMARY'S BABY and SISTERS!   Shocked

Having said all that, I'm all about supporting Slash so I'll keep watching anything he produces.  I just hope his next effort is better.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 12:45:41 AM by Bridge » Logged
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 12:31:17 AM »

Nice reviews!  I haven't watched it yet, because I was afraid it would be exactly as described above.   hihi   Soooo.....maybe someday I'll see it when it's on some late night station and I have nothing better to watch - not going to pay to rent it.   Appreciate the input.   
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2014, 12:22:29 PM »

a short interview with Slash about "Nothing Left To Fear" -El Llanto del Diablo-  nervous

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGtxKEL8Tuw&feature=player_detailpage#t=382
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: