Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:10:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  SLASH On DUFF's Reunion With GUNS N' ROSES: 'It Doesn't Really Concern Me'
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SLASH On DUFF's Reunion With GUNS N' ROSES: 'It Doesn't Really Concern Me'  (Read 17941 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: April 12, 2014, 02:58:08 AM »

SLASH On DUFF MCKAGAN's Reunion With GUNS N' ROSES: 'It Doesn't Really Concern Me'

Slash says that he is not concerned about Duff McKagan's reunion with Axl Rose and says that he will never get a similar call to play with the GUNS N' ROSES frontman.

McKagan played the first of five shows with his former band this past Sunday night (April 6) at Estadio Ferrocarril Oeste in Buenos Aires, Argentina. McKagan is filling in for GN'R's current bassist, Tommy Stinson, during the group's South American tour because Stinson is reuniting with THE REPLACEMENTS for two high-profile dates at Coachella.

Slash, who was part of GUNS N' ROSES' classic lineup, tells TeamRock: "What Duff does is what Duff does. It doesn't really concern me.

"Duff's relationship with Axl is different to mine. That call to me is just not going to happen."

Slash also stresses that he has no problems with McKagan and Rose playing together again. "I don't judge Duff," he says. "He's cool. He just has a way more amicable, neutral relationship with Axl than I do."

McKagan joined Axl Rose onstage for the first time in seventeen years at GUNS' October 14, 2010 concert in London. He also performed with the current version of GUNS in December 2011 at shows in Vancouver and Seattle. All three appearances were for a few songs, not full gigs.

Rumors that the classic lineup of GUNS N' ROSES would reunite have been around for years, although any possibility of that happening seemed to end when the band was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and Axl Rose declined to show up.

Rose told Billboard.com in 2009 that he doesn't ever expect to play again with guitarist Slash, saying, "One of the two of us will die before a reunion. However sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-on-duff-mckagans-reunion-with-guns-n-roses-it-doesnt-really-concern-me/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 04:42:22 AM »

I dont wanna be a dick but im positive that slash is secretly pretty pissed of about this situation.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
overmatik
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 06:07:03 AM »

I dont wanna be a dick but im positive that slash is secretly pretty pissed of about this situation.

I think Slash is being honest. He doesn't seem to hold any grudge towards Axl, and it is not like it was something out of the blue. After London and Seattle it was clear that Axl and Duff had reconnected.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 06:53:41 AM »

I think Slash is being honest. He doesn't seem to hold any grudge towards Axl, and it is not like it was something out of the blue. After London and Seattle it was clear that Axl and Duff had reconnected.
What i meant is that im sure that slash wouldnt mind playng kickass shows with axl and duff in front of huge crowds.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 11:44:34 AM »

Nobody needs this guy right now. There are three great guitarists and a hell of a band.

He should do something with Fergie or Myles anyway hihi

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 04:37:16 PM »

I think Slash is being honest. He doesn't seem to hold any grudge towards Axl,

Exactly.  Slash doesn't give a damn, because he's a nearly 50 year old man with a family and tons of his own music going on right now.  When you grow older, you realize there comes a point in time where you're not not emotionally capable of caring about certain things anymore, and I'm sure this is one of those things for Slash.  In the big scope of things, you realize shit like this doesn't matter when you think of the remaining years you have left.
Gilbyfan
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 06:57:27 PM »

Slash doesn't hold a grudge, really? That's why he stopped or is delaying the Appetite For Democracy album/blu ray. Guess he was just bored that day hihi
overmatik
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 09:54:56 PM »

Slash doesn't hold a grudge, really? That's why he stopped or is delaying the Appetite For Democracy album/blu ray. Guess he was just bored that day hihi

Actually, we don't really know why he is blocking, do we? Also, as far as anyone is concerned Duff might as well be blocking the release too, and things seem to be good between Axl and Duff now, so blocking the release doesn't mean it is Slash holding any grudge. Those are his songs too, and if he thinks the deal isn't good enough he has all the right in the world to do it.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 09:57:04 PM »

Slash doesn't hold a grudge, really? That's why he stopped or is delaying the Appetite For Democracy album/blu ray

So let me get this straight....

1. You're assuming that rumor is true.
2. You're assuming that rumor is true in the way you want it to be true.
3. You're assuming that -- even if the rumor is true -- it MUST have something to do with a grudge.
4. You're assuming that -- even if the rumor is true -- it can't POSSIBLY have anything to do with legal issues involving the distribution rights to songs that Slash is legally entitled to publishing shares.  I mean hell, he shouldn't be concerned about that at all, should he!   Tongue

GOTCHA!

Guess he was just bored that day hihi

No, I would suggest YOU just illustrated how bored you are on THIS day!  And I'll add your little  hihi for good measure.

doesn't mean it is Slash holding any grudge. Those are his songs too, and if he thinks the deal isn't good enough he has all the right in the world to do it.

Come on now, overmatik, let's not overload this discussion with basic common sense, now.   Tongue
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 09:59:34 PM by Bridge » Logged
Gilbyfan
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2014, 03:12:00 AM »

Slash doesn't hold a grudge, really? That's why he stopped or is delaying the Appetite For Democracy album/blu ray

So let me get this straight....

1. You're assuming that rumor is true.
2. You're assuming that rumor is true in the way you want it to be true.
3. You're assuming that -- even if the rumor is true -- it MUST have something to do with a grudge.
4. You're assuming that -- even if the rumor is true -- it can't POSSIBLY have anything to do with legal issues involving the distribution rights to songs that Slash is legally entitled to publishing shares.  I mean hell, he shouldn't be concerned about that at all, should he!   Tongue

GOTCHA!

Guess he was just bored that day hihi

No, I would suggest YOU just illustrated how bored you are on THIS day!  And I'll add your little  hihi for good measure.

doesn't mean it is Slash holding any grudge. Those are his songs too, and if he thinks the deal isn't good enough he has all the right in the world to do it.

Come on now, overmatik, let's not overload this discussion with basic common sense, now.   Tongue

Not bored at all, tho thanks for caring  ok

1. Yes I do assume it's true Slash is the ex member blocking it. As I understand it Axl owns the Guns N Roses name but he, Slash and Duff equally own the back catalogue and all have to agree to anything they all co wrote being released. Axl wants the blu ray/album Appetite For Democracy released. I doub't Duff is the one objecting as he's clearly on good terms with Axl, Dizzy and the current line up. As is Izzy. Hmm, so who does that leave............. ? Slash.

2. In the way I want it to be true? I don't want it to be true. I would love to be wrong. Members leave bands and musicians outgrow each other. In a lot of cases tho the bitterness fades as the years/decades go by. That doesn't seem to be the case with Axl n Slash.

3. Axl may have had his reasons for not appearing at the Hall Of Fame induction. Probably the main one being everyone in Guns from the Chinese Dem era and even Gilby not being inducted. And I can see his point. But to Slash it probably felt like a slap in the face for Axl to not even be in the same room as him. Slash knows that Axl has semi made up with Duff and Izzy and they've even got up onstage with new Guns. Even tho Steven spread shit bout Axl rite after, even he got to hang out with Axl and be acknowledged some years back. Why wouldn't Slash be hurt? Why wouldn't he feel like the odd man out?

4. Wasn't someone quoted as saying that it had been blocked at last minute by an ex member?

If I am right and it is Slash he is a hypocrite. He released a live album/dvd with many Guns tunes. Ok it was an import in some parts of the world. But surely Axl must've let this release go ahead.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 09:30:56 AM »

Those GNR songs were not included on the US version. Legal reasons. So, the same sort of thing. It seems to me that neither side is making it easy for the other. Which affects us as fans. Business always gets in the way.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 01:10:30 PM »

If Axl blocked Stoke on Trent show than Slash should block Appetite for Democracy. If Axl didn't nor should Slash.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 10:57:32 AM »

Nobody needs this guy right now. There are three great guitarists and a hell of a band.

He should do something with Fergie or Myles anyway hihi

Yeah, why have 1 guitarist, who happens to be the same guy that wrote the signature riffs/solos that helped propel the band to superstardom, when you can hire 2 or 3 guitarists to play his riffs/solos for him.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 10:58:54 AM »

I could be wrong, but I think if Slash wanted to play with Axl, he wouldn?t have left the band he was in with Axl.

The guy is as productive as any musician out there today, with a yet another new album on the way.
Axl and GN?R are on the opposite end of that spectrum.

Slash creates, tours, creates, tours.
Axl tours, tours and tours some more.

They were fucking brilliant together while it lasted, but clearly they have different goals today, and both seem more than happy to be apart.

JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 11:23:58 AM »

I do think Slash is pissed that Axl will reconcile with Duff and izzy who were just as critical of Axl,  but not him

but no I wouldn't think Slash wants no part of being back in GNR under the current structure

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 01:14:13 PM »

What i meant is that im sure that slash wouldnt mind playng kickass shows with axl and duff in front of huge crowds.

Why would Slash want to do that? I saw him two summers ago out with Myles and The Conspirators and they rocked the house. One of the best and most satisfying shows I've been to in a long time. Better than the bland same ol' same ol' setlist Axl has been playing for years now. Slash doesn't need Guns anymore. Sad and happy at the same time.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 03:14:42 PM »

Don't agree. Attended both Gn'R and Slash in Milano in the same weekend. Guns ROCKED for nearly 3,5 hours. That was friday. Saturday was Slash. Totally different league. Like comparing MSL to Premier League. Bet most MSL players really would want to play for United if they could. But they can't 👻

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 03:40:02 PM »

Don't agree. Attended both Gn'R and Slash in Milano in the same weekend. Guns ROCKED for nearly 3,5 hours. That was friday. Saturday was Slash. Totally different league. Like comparing MSL to Premier League. Bet most MSL players really would want to play for United if they could. But they can't 👻

not a fair comparison.... Axl rose and Myles Kennedy..... come on....

but both are a great time , obviously we all love the Guns catalogue with Axl singing but slash and myles put on a great show as well

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 04:19:21 PM »

I think you get your moneys worth at both shows.

Different approaches and I can certainly dig em both.
Guns is a big production. Slash strips the show back to it's bare bones where the focus is solely on the music.
Like early Guns.

Which show you enjoy better is entirely different discussion, though.
I don?t how anyone could possibly come to the conclusion that Slash would choose the creative prison that GN?R has become for what he?s doing now.

Play Guns songs?
or play Guns songs, plus material from Velvet Revolver, Snapkepit, Solo album, & Myles and the Conspirators?

As an artist, I think that?s pretty much a no brainer.
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 04:27:35 PM »

When Duff finally speaks ...it will be very interesting as to what he says about this experience...

i would love to see somebody just ask him why is Axl ok with you and not Slash? why not all of you back with GNR?

but Duff is all class and he wont ever throw either of them under the bus

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 09:46:30 PM »

i would love to see somebody just ask him why is Axl ok with you and not Slash? why not all of you back with GNR?

but Duff is all class

Yeah, it's because Duff is classy that he wouldn't answer that classless (and provocative, hackneyed, and cliched) question you'd "love" to hear answered.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:52:48 PM by Bridge » Logged
overmatik
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 11:14:24 PM »

but Duff is all class

Yeah, it's because Duff is classy that he wouldn't answer that classless (and provocative, hackneyed, and cliched) question you'd "love" to hear answered.

Axl and Duff are living the moment, and are enjoying their friendship again. There is no reason to talk about the past and I don't think Slash is brought up in any of their conversations.

By the way, if anyone has any doubt about whether Slash is happy or not with his solo career, just try and watch any of the Ernie Ball videos showing the making of his next record. The guy is having a blast with the Conspirators and he is developing a very close artistic relationship with Myles. He controls all aspects of his life now.  peace
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 11:19:01 PM by overmatik » Logged
fanfzero
Opening Act

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2014, 02:24:39 PM »

Slash didn't mind playing with axl at rock n roll hall of fame, but axl refused to play and slash said that all hope is gone for a reunion
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2014, 03:24:05 PM »

When Duff finally speaks ...it will be very interesting as to what he says about this experience...

but Duff is all class and he wont ever throw either of them under the bus

Axl said in 2009:

"What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man.
I could see doing a song or so on the side with Izzy or having him out [on tour] again. I'm not so comfortable with doing anything having more than one of the alumni. Maybe something with Duff, but that's it, and not something I'd have to really get down into, as I'd get left with sorting it out and then blamed on top of it. So, no, not me."

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 09:42:02 PM »

Axl and Duff are living the moment, and are enjoying their friendship again. There is no reason to talk about the past and I don't think Slash is brought up in any of their conversations.

Duff was captured on video (now on youtube) recently saying that he does not ever bring up Slash when he is conversing with Axl.  He says he "knows his boundaries" and knows what not to say.

Slash is happy or not with his solo career.... He controls all aspects of his life now

Yeah, and "controls" is the operative word.  With Axl and Scott out of his life, he no longer has to suffer the lead singer syndrome where his life was constantly controlled by an external source.
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2014, 04:27:26 PM »

Duff was captured on video (now on youtube) recently saying that he does not ever bring up Slash when he is conversing with Axl.  He says he "knows his boundaries" and knows what not to say.

Can you post a link to that video ?

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2014, 09:36:41 PM »

Can you post a link to that video ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3NpM9w8k9M

It's Audio only, the question "what did you talk about with Axl" comes in at 1:40, and involves Duff being asked if Slash was mentioned.
GNR1982
Opening Act

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 04:22:35 PM »

This is such a shame, I still have so many hopes for the big reunion and I just know its just not going to happen but I am always hoping they will do it one day just for the fans and to bury whatever the real deal is with those guys.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2014, 10:26:19 PM »

This is such a shame, I still have so many hopes for the big reunion and I just know its just not going to happen but I am always hoping they will do it one day just for the fans and to bury whatever the real deal is with those guys.

Don't sweat it.  A longing for a full reunion of Slash, Axl, Steven, Duff, and Izzy will always be lingering in the hearts of many fans.  It won't ever matter how improbable (or impossible) it may seem.  Hell, I can remember the days of the early 90s, when I was just hoping like hell Steven Adler would clean up, and that he'd probably be back in 1995 or so, and we'd have a true reunion then!  Didn't exactly work out that way.   hihi  But when I saw that Axl was performing with a new lineup in 2001, and Slash was touring with Slash's Snakepit, I knew they wouldn't be back together.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2014, 09:58:14 PM »

Duff is kind of being a bitch and I love Duff. Being scared to ask your long time friend a question is bullshit. Duff will talk Axl with Slash. But won't talk Slash with Axl. So silly and in a way spineless. I guess Axl was right when he called Duff spineless long ago.
Bridge
Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2014, 03:47:48 AM »

Duff is kind of being a bitch and I love Duff. Being scared to ask your long time friend a question is bullshit. Duff will talk Axl with Slash. But won't talk Slash with Axl. So silly and in a way spineless. I guess Axl was right when he called Duff spineless long ago.

Not half as spineless as talking shit behind someone's back on the fucking internet, because you wouldn't say that to Duff's face.

And you have your facts wrong.  Axl didn't call Duff spineless.  Axl CLAIMED that Slash called Duff spineless in a 2005 press release.  Whether or not Slash actually said that is something we won't ever know, but it's different than Axl calling Duff spineless.

How do you know that Duff "talks Axl" with Slash?  You're just talking turkey there, because you have no idea what they talk about.  Besides, Axl is obviously not anywhere near as much a sore point with Slash, as vice versa.  You obviously can't understand that Duff was being RESPECTFUL to Axl when not mentioning Slash.  Duff knows that -- right or wrong -- Slash is a sore subject to Axl, and so he didn't bring Slash up.  Duff wasn't "scared to ask a question", because there was no question to be asked!  Based on what Duff said, I'm sure it seemed unimportant (and pointless) anyway to bring up Slash when mending fences with Axl.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 03:53:02 AM by Bridge » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2014, 03:16:18 PM »

Not half as spineless as talking shit behind someone's back on the fucking internet, because you wouldn't say that to Duff's face.

And you have your facts wrong.  Axl didn't call Duff spineless.  Axl CLAIMED that Slash called Duff spineless in a 2005 press release.  Whether or not Slash actually said that is something we won't ever know, but it's different than Axl calling Duff spineless.

How do you know that Duff "talks Axl" with Slash?  You're just talking turkey there, because you have no idea what they talk about.  Besides, Axl is obviously not anywhere near as much a sore point with Slash, as vice versa.  You obviously can't understand that Duff was being RESPECTFUL to Axl when not mentioning Slash.  Duff knows that -- right or wrong -- Slash is a sore subject to Axl, and so he didn't bring Slash up.  Duff wasn't "scared to ask a question", because there was no question to be asked!  Based on what Duff said, I'm sure it seemed unimportant (and pointless) anyway to bring up Slash when mending fences with Axl.
I agree with Bridge on all counts here. 

It seems the only ones who place any value on Duff trying to help Axl mend fences with Slash are those still holding out hope for a reunion.  I don't understand why it's so understand that Duff and Axl can have a friendship that exists outside independently of Slash.

Ali
Pages: 1 2 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: