Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 10:35:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Jane's Addiction
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jane's Addiction  (Read 46733 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2009, 05:45:54 PM »

JANE'S ADDICTION: 'A Cabinet Of Curiosities' Online Listening Party Launched - Mar. 25, 2009

On April 21, Rhino celebrates the legacy of JANE'S ADDICTION and unearths "A Cabinet Of Curiosities"; a 3-CD/1-DVD JANE'S ADDICTION boxed set of demos, live performances and rarities that includes 30 unreleased tracks. The set will be available from Rhino in stores and at www.rhino.com in a striking, limited-edition wooden cabinet for a suggested price of $74.98. A digital version will also be available at all digital retail outlets.

An online "listening party" featuring streaming versions of six songs ? "Mountain Song" (Radio Tokyo demo), "Classic Girl" (demo), "Been Caught Stealing" (12" remix), "L.A. Medley" (live), "Ain't No Right" (live) and "Ocean Size" (live) ? is available at this location.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=116803

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2009, 01:04:31 PM »

For those in and around Vegas, Perry's bday party will be going on with a jam session planned.

Not exactly sure where (or even if its open to the public) but it maybe something worth hunting down.

Thanks to www.billymorrison.net for the heads up..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2009, 11:03:38 AM »

Jane's Addiction Reunion Marred By Feuds

April 20, 2009 09:26 AM ET

Gelu Sulugiuc, Reuters

War has broken out among the original members of Jane's Addiction, who are gearing up for their first tour in almost 18 years.

Singer Perry Farrell told Reuters that a mediation attempt by Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor, with whom Jane's Addiction will tour next month, was unsuccessful.

But despite the temper tantrums, Farrell is determined to keep Jane's Addiction together. He, guitarist Dave Navarro and drummer Steven Perkins have toured on and off over the years. Bassist Eric Avery is back in the lineup after declining to play with the band after it first broke up in 1991. His return appears to have changed the delicate chemistry.

"I'm not going to tell you it's been all smooches and hugs. But it shouldn't be because that would be a bore," Farrell said on the sidelines of the Coachella music festival, where he was scheduled to perform on Sunday.

"If my band didn't have issues, if they didn't throw tantrums, I would think I was with a bunch of suckers. As long as they can handle it, I can handle it. After all we're just delivering music that people love, so how bad can it be? It could be worse. We could be drafted."

"I just talked to Eric man-to-man. We're different people, that's okay. He serves a different purpose, he's got a different frequency he operates on. I'm overjoyed that we're working together. I don't care that we butt heads as long as when we hit the stage we blast on people."

Reznor, who is also producing Jane's new songs, tried in vain to help the group work out its differences.

"He did his best to be both producer and psychologist," Farrell said. "He was very respectful, trying to get out of the way and not overproduce. I wish honestly he would've produced a little more, but he was a little gun shy after seeing us explode on each other in the studio. He became the referee for a day and after that day I think he was done."

Farrell said not many groups from the early days of alternative rock are still playing together, and he estimated Jane's Addiction had a "small, five-year window left."

"Any time you get a chance to put the original members of a group together, (you should do it). Look at Pink Floyd. I consider Roger Waters to be the greatest live rock act for a festival today. He has a great guitar player, but it's not David Gilmour. You need the original members if you can have them. I love The Who, love Led Zeppelin, but nobody's the same when they're not original members, the people that wrote and recorded those songs and set their vibrations down into those tracks. That's why it's important to try to keep your crew together."

Although Reznor failed to reconcile Avery and Farrell, Jane's Addiction, known for hits such as "Been Caught Stealing" and "Jane Says," will follow his lead and release music for free on the Internet. Farrell said Jane's would give out singles for free on its Web site as soon as they were ready. The first one will be called "Embrace the Darkness."

"I see 100,000 people in the United Kingdom singing along to this song," he said. "We don't have a record label to have to worry about putting together something that they can charge $19.99 for. I think we should put the songs out and keep writing and be creative. It's great that we have these classic songs, but it couldn't hurt us to put in more new songs (in our shows) that people know and got online for free."

Farrell, who also organizes the Lollapalooza festival in Chicago, said the recession has been hurting the touring business but not ticket sales for Jane's Addiction or Lollapalooza.

"At Lollapalooza, we're selling more tickets than ever," he said. "People need an even bigger excuse to escape more than ever and there is no better escape than going to a festival and just tripping and taking in music."

Jane's Addiction's co-headlining tour with Nine Inch Nails will kick off in Florida on May 8, and run through June 12 in North Carolina. The band will also be among the headliners at Lollapalooza, which runs August 7-9; the full lineup will be announced on Tuesday.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/jane-s-addiction-reunion-marred-by-feuds-1003964174.story

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2009, 08:14:59 PM »

Janes Addiction To Play Splendor

by Paul Cashmere - April 22 2009

The first round announcement for Splendor In The Grass has been made. Janes Addiction will be there.

The festival this year will also feature Bloc Party and MGMT performing their only Australian show at the event.

Other acts include The Specials, Flaming Lips, Friendly Fires, Sarah Blasko, Hilltop Hoods, Grinspoon, Kram, Birds of Tokyo, Yves Klien Blue, Bob Evans and Augie March.

Splendor In The Grass is July 25 and 26 at Byron Bay.

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=8125

http://www.splendourinthegrass.com/news.php?NewsId=9

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2009, 03:22:42 PM »

Jane?s Addiction?s ?Nothing?s Shocking? Heads to ?Rock Band?

4/24/09

Great news for people who like killer bass lines: Jane?s Addiction?s 1988 album Nothing?s Shocking is coming to Rock Band as a full-album download next week. Jane?s album will join the 14 other full records currently available for gameplay, which include Guns n? Roses? Chinese Democracy, Pearl Jam?s Ten and the Pixies? Doolittle. Rock Band?s first full album was Judas Priest?s Screaming For Vengeance.

It?s fitting that aspiring Dave Navarros (or people who just like screaming ?Sex ? is ? violent!?) will get the chance to rock out to Nothing?s Shocking as the recently fully reunited band ? with original bassist Eric Avery ? is currently prepping to hit the road with Nine Inch Nails next month, plus headline August?s Lollapalooza. When Rolling Stone caught Jane?s at SXSW, the crew tore through a handful of Shocking tracks and Perry Farrell admitted that 21 years after the album was first released, he has finally been shocked: by the Octomom.

Fans will be able to pay homage to Avery?s monster bass lines starting April 28th; the album?s tracks will be available for purchase as an album or as individual tracks for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and as individual tracks for Wii.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/04/24/janes-addictions-nothings-shocking-heads-to-rock-band/

GeraldFord
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2009, 05:02:36 PM »

Anyone have the Deconstruction album? Any good?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2009, 11:10:36 AM »

PERRY FARRELL Injured At Atlanta JANE'S ADDICTION Show - May 11, 2009

Billboard.com reports that JANE'S ADDICTION lead singer Perry Farrell is recovering from a torn calf muscle he suffered on stage at a concert in Atlanta.

Farrell hurt himself during the first song Sunday night at Lakewood Amphitheatre but was able to finish the show.

According to a statement from the band's publicist, he was taken by ambulance to Atlanta Medical Center after the show.

Doctors told him to stay off the leg for several days, but Farrell says he still plans to perform as planned Tuesday night in Austin, Texas.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=119830

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2009, 07:04:32 PM »

Perry Farrell Recovering From Tour Injury With Meds and TLC

May 18, 2009

After suffering a calf tear last week, shortly after the Jane's Addiction/Nine Inch Nails tour kickoff, Jane's frontman Perry Farrell tells Spinner he is already on the road to recovery. "It's getting better," he says. "I wear a boot right now and I've got some good meds. So, between the two of those things, and my wife pampering me, I'm healing."

It would've taken a lot more than a torn calf to keep Farrell, who blames the injury on a tight muscle that day, from this tour. So far he feels it's lived up to the hype. "I'll tell you, judging by the success of the shows I don't think anybody can be in a bad mood," he says. "As far as the audience is concerned, we're bringing out a lot of nostalgic feelings and sentiments from people, just judging by the crowd sing-alongs and the welcomes that we've gotten. I think it's been a very successful tour and a very wise decision to team up."

The questions before the tour weren't how fans were gonna respond, but rather, the relationship between Farrell and bandmates Dave Navarro, Stephen Perkins and Eric Avery, who had held out on the reunion for 17 years before rejoining the others last year. "We're making sure that everybody is comfortable and happy and has what they need," Farrell says. "Everybody is, for the most part, enjoying it from what I can see. We're just concentrating on the live show right now because the recording part of it got a little messy."

Still, Farrell is hopeful for a Jane's future, including recording. "I would love to have Jane's Addiction as part of my life," he says. "I so enjoy performing those songs for the audience. This is a superbly important part of my life and I hope that everybody feels the same."

http://www.spinner.com/2009/05/18/perry-farrell-recovering-from-tour-injury-with-meds-and-tlc/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2009, 02:54:45 PM »

Perry Farrell's appearance on CBC's "The Hour" has been posted.  You can watch the 16 minute interview here:

http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/videos.html?id=5676647

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2009, 02:08:56 PM »

From Dave Navarro...

Now that the NIN/JA 09 tour is over, I can grab a breath and actually
sit down and type something out. It's funny how after 6 weeks of
basically having nothing to do but play shows, I could somehow never
find the time. I tend to get a little lost out there in terms of time
and dates and all that. Whats seems like a great idea tomorrow seems
like just as good an idea the next day and so on... Most of my "down
time" was spent napping or preparing to nap or freshening up after a
nap or a show with Jane's Addiction. Oh yeah, I also got to watch SSSC
and NIN on a daily basis. So whatever excuse I think I have for
disconnecting, you know the truth.

The tour was amazing! Probably one of the best touring experiences I
have ever had and definitely the smoothest tour THIS band has ever
done. Lots of laughs and no drama and no inner turmoil... Just a great
time celebrating our music and our musical connectivity on stage. Of
course, some nights were better than others in terms of degrees of
energy or musicianship (personally speaking... Had some sloppy
nights!), but every night felt good and right and the way it is
supposed to be, exceeding my expectations... I am actually looking
forward to Europe as I type this.

I couldn't have asked for more inspiration every night than to catch
NIN right before us. I would go out there early in their set and watch
as much as I could before getting ready for our show. Hearing "March
of the Pigs" performed live while putting your pants on will certainly
wake you the fuck up and inspire the best you've got to give! What an
amazing band. As a fan I am saddened by Trent's decision to take some
time, but I am equally as honored to have been a part of this, his
final tour for, "Who knows how long?" Trent, Ilan, Robin and JMJ
couldn't have made this any better of an experience then they did and
I thank them for it. The entire NIN/JA crew was also the best I have
had the pleasure of working with and many thanks to them.

I also got a chance to meet some of our long time supporters on this
tour. More than ever before it seems. Love us or hate us, praise us or
slam us, they are a major part of the lifeblood of this band and we
couldn't have been as alive and somewhat on the radar if it wasn't for
them. Great to finally meet some of you. Thanks to you and all of our
supporters for making this tour a viable reality. I guess some would
say, "they just keep ya honest!" Also met a lot of the NIN
community... They are just as passionate and judgemental and critical
and adoring and outspoken as the JA community I can assure you. Many
of them embraced us with open arms, some made it known that they
didn't and some simply went home. To the ones who welcomed us, THANK
YOU! To the ones who didn't, I sincerely appreciate your giving us the
opportunity. Overall the press wasn't too bad this time around, with
mostly favorable comments. Of course some were not so kind. To the
ones who welcomed us, THANK YOU! To the ones who didn't, I sincerely
appreciate your giving us the opportunity. Well, somewhere between
that and GO FUCK YOURSELF.

How did it feel? How did it feel? The shows really felt solid and
great to be a part of every night. I don't want to beat a dead horse,
unless I get a chance to literally beat one, but having EA back has
changed the band dynamic on every level and there is no denying that
without him are are an entirely different band. During the shows I am
very connected to each member on stage in a very different way. With
Perkins I have a lot of eye contact, with Perry I have to have
constant "peripheral" awareness as you never know what he's gonna do
or where he may end up... With Eric on bass I have a sense of trust
that everything that is supposed to be there is there, as we don't
have much opportunity to interact. I am always somewhat limited to
staying close to my effects. Sometimes when I get too far away, Dan
will run out and switch stuff for me. Thanx Dan. Anyway, apart from my
relationships with them, the audience is a huge factor in terms of how
each show will feel. It's always nice when we get to certain stretches
and we see the same people in front every night. We actually miss you
guys when we get to a distant area code.

Re-entry is always weird. Back home. Can't believe the NIN guys went
to Europe already. Everything has come to a screeching halt. Hmmm...
Here is some of Eric's laundry. Maybe he has some of mine. Wonder
what's on TV.
END SCENE

I will start to check in here more often, I was just "really busy" for
the past few weeks... but well rested!

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2009, 11:28:33 AM »

what were there last set lists if anyone knows?

Do they play anything off Strays also? I know its not the original line up, but that album does have some great tracks on it aswell.

And of course, hopefully they will play a good mix of Nothings Shocking and Ritual.

html sucks
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2009, 10:41:48 AM »

i recently bought Ritual De Habituo off the internet. a CD version, as much as i like Janes, i never owned any of their music.

So i thought it would be fair to give them some money. However i was dissappointed to find (in mine?) there isnt a booklet of lyrics. Is this the same for everyone else? Its just a blank sheet, with the album artwork on the front?

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2009, 05:50:32 PM »

JANE'S ADDICTION Drummer's Elbow Infection Forces Australian Tour Cancelation - July 23, 2009

The reunited original lineup of JANE'S ADDICTION has canceled all of its previously announced Australian tour dates because drummer Stephen Perkins has been admitted to the Infectious Disease Ward at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles for treatment of an infection in his elbow. Doctors expect to keep him there for the next few days for further diagnosis and observation while antibiotic treatment continues.

"I know how excited we were to come play in Australia, and how long the fans there have waited for this. I want everyone Down Under to know that we will come back as soon as we can," singer Perry Farrell said in a statement.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=124128

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2009, 06:29:31 PM »

From Dave Navarro...

Perk update: Still under close observation and recovering slowly but surely, however he is finally able to rest up at home with medication!

He's feelin' better folks!
http://twitpic.com/bj9kv

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2009, 06:20:14 PM »

Here is a video interview with Jane's Addiction.

http://www.nme.com/news/janes-addiction/46360

And a review of the show.

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=136&title=xxxx&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2009, 11:27:17 PM »

Perry Farrell - New Video - "I Like 'Em Big"

Farrells new video for his song I Like Em Big. Debuting in tandem with Lollapalooza 2009s opening day, the piece features more champagne and lingerie than you can shake a satin scarf at. Directed by Andrew Bennett, whose work includes videos for Deftones and many others, it captures a side of Perry and his wife Etty that will undoubtedly surprise viewers, reinforcing Farrells knack for pushing boundaries and having fun while doing so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFyhpBOLSjc
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 01:29:05 AM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2009, 11:57:59 AM »

Jane's Addiction Close Lollapalooza With Help From Joe Perry

The highlight of the set was the finale. After jokingly threatening to end their set early, the band returned for a second encore with Aerosmith's Joe Perry and their families joining them on stage. Perry, in town after his band's tour was put on hold after Steven Tyler fell off a stage and broke his shoulder, performed 'Jane Says' with the band, which Farrell ended by screaming "We did it!" to the crowd and telling them "Don't go to bed. Stay out late. Live to tell about it. Have children and a raise them the way you lived."

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L-bYYG_hxA

Thanks Spinner

A little better video can be found here:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=125016
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 04:43:49 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2009, 05:19:56 PM »

Dave Navarro and Mark Weitz join Spirits In The Sky tour roster.

August 19, 2009

Ahh, there's nothing like that first rehearsal feeling! Where you remember that you don't remember much and you've got to re-remember it all over again!

So we worked on about 4 songs last night, after listening to about 20 new ones, sitting around the fire to decide which would be the best ones to play. The goal for today is just to get those four down and add to the pile as we go along. I'm hopeful the band can work up 12, and I can play another 5 or 6 solo.

Some exciting news to add as well, as Dave Navarro and Mark Weitz have joined the tour. Dave sadly can't play San Diego with us, so hopefully we can find an Ace up our sleeve somewhere to fill in. It's gonna be crowded onstage, that's for sure with Mike and Kerry on drums, Mark on bass, Dave and I on guitar, and Mark #2 on keys. Whoa...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 05:50:10 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2009, 11:49:27 PM »

Billy Corgan, Dave Navarro Launch Tour in California

http://www.spin.com/articles/billy-corgan-dave-navarro-launch-tour-california

Some video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZJKPmhPZF4

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2009, 02:43:34 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVa6QkyV5E4&feature=related

anyone recognise that bassline?

I think Janes Addiction might of stole it for that epic track they did on Ritual.

html sucks
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: