Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:49:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] July 19, 2016 Foxboro, MA @ Gillette Stadium
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] July 19, 2016 Foxboro, MA @ Gillette Stadium  (Read 35610 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2016, 02:30:17 PM »

Lenny Kravitz
Boston. First show with Guns N' Roses tomorrow night at Gillette Stadium.

Photo: Mathieu Bitton

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
johnreed3344
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2016, 02:47:12 PM »

have a blast everyone

12/5/02
5/17/06
11/5/06
11/17/11
11/26/11
2/10/12
2/24/12
6/8/13
4/8/16
4/16/16
7/14/16
7/23/16
10/11/17
10/12/17
10/15/17
10/16/17
7/1/18
10/1/19
8/5/21
8/11/23
8/15/23 NE
matty29
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 03:03:42 PM »

That sucks... Sorry

No worries, all is good.
 I mapped it out and the station is only 4 - 5 miles to the stadium, so I'll cab it.

I was worried that the station was going to be  10 or 20 miles away and cost me a fortune in cab fair. I'm bringing my 5 year old son and my wife  and I really didn't want to drag them around Foxboro.

My wife and I got lost once in Detroit when going to see Velvet Revolver.  We got off off at the wrong exit but a nice gentlemen at the gas station gave me directions for a small fee  Wink.  The man was nice but the neighbourhood we ended had seen better day days.  I didn't want that to happen again especially with my son in tow.

Anyhoo  all is good now, I can't wait until tomorow.

Cheers,

DH

You might want to rethink this.  Two issues here.  The Stadium is out in the burbs so Taxis are not nearly as prevalent as you might expect.  Second issue is that getting out of the stadium parking lot is a nightmare.  The entire area is one big traffic jam.  Getting a cab ride out of there could be extremely difficult.  I would recommend downloading the uber app and give yourself plenty of extra time to wait for it.
Then, when you leave the stadium after the show, I would walk north on route 1 a half mile or so to the gas station or market on the corner of route 1 and north street and get an uber to pick you up there.  If you get an uber or cab at the stadium you could be in the parking lot for an hour or more with the meter running.  For real.  I posted this here in case others were thinking something similar.  Good luck!
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2016, 03:11:14 PM »

Slash and Duff are at the stadium, apparently I know someone working backstage area...  He offered to send me pics, I'll see if I can post them here.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2016, 03:13:17 PM »

I think folks who are coming from a ways away and don't know the area think Gillette is in the middle of a big, built up, "urban" type area.

It's not.  It' s basically in the middle of the woods.  There's a bit of build up right around the stadium, but cabs, uber, and other "normal" city infrastructure just isn't there.  Nor, really, is there good traffic handling in the area.

After the show, your best bet is to either jump on a bus (along with a crap ton of other folks), or try to get a bit further away and call or book an uber.  And be prepared to wait a bit.  And realize there are a CRAP ton of other people doing the same thing in an area that is NOT equipped to handle that kind of use of mass transportation.  It's bad (though better, cause of the train) even after NFL games.

Honestly, if you could rent a car for the day, and pay for parking...it might be worth it vs the alternatives.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2016, 03:28:26 PM »

I've seen a couple people talking about taking the train...dont. It will take a cab a while to get you back to Walpole/Mansfield, and there is no late night service. You will be waiting till 530am.

Edit- I should also add that it can take an hour just to get out of the parking lot. If they play till 11:10 you are not catching an inbound (boston) train.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 03:33:51 PM by IKnowWhereIAM » Logged

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2016, 04:00:30 PM »

I think Aerosmith guys could show up for a jam tonight

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
Princess Leia
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2016, 04:17:56 PM »

Apparently CITR playing at sound check
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2016, 04:22:53 PM »

Hmmmm...can anyone else see Lenny coming out to guest on that song? Would seem a good fit for him.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Bucketofguns
Rocker

Proud down loading motherfucker

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2016, 04:46:34 PM »

I can see slash joining Lenny on stage for Are you going to go my way

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2016, 04:53:17 PM »

I can see slash joining Lenny on stage for Are you going to go my way
That thought crossed my mind too. it would be cool to see him join for that or Lenny join Guns for it like he did in Pars 92.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2016, 05:16:41 PM »

Wouldn't mind hearing Slash give that a whirl.

But if its played, I hope it's swapped out for 'Sorry' or 'This I Love'.  One for one CD song swap.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
MrMojoRa
VIP

iiii]; )'

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2016, 05:36:35 PM »

But if its played, I hope it's swapped out for 'Sorry' or 'This I Love'.  One for one CD song swap.

I can't see the band playing anything "in place of" the AFD/UYI songs on the setlist.

I doubt TIL being bumped. That's Axl's baby. So either they'll add a song, or CITR would be played in place of Sorry.

I'd love to hear Slash's version of Catcher in the Rye.

8-13-88 (Pine Knob, Clarkson, Mi); 6-11-91 (Hershey, Pa); 12-16-91 & 12-17-91 (Philly); 12-06-02 (Philly Riot); 5-12-06 (Hammerstein, NY); 10-10-06 (MSG, NY); 11-26-11 (Camden, NJ); 7-14-16 (Philly)
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2016, 05:40:42 PM »

Yeah, first time I heard the CITR leak way back when, I started wondering about Slash on the track.

Same thing with SOD.  Or as we knew it at the time, 'The Blues'.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
Sosso
VIP

Your Pong is no match for my Ping!

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2016, 05:52:18 PM »

I can't see the band playing anything "in place of" the AFD/UYI songs on the setlist.

I doubt TIL being bumped. That's Axl's baby. So either they'll add a song, or CITR would be played in place of Sorry.

I'd love to hear Slash's version of Catcher in the Rye.

I hope it's better than Bumble's version...

"?the key to that band's success was Axl because at that time his singing really connected with people on a social level." - Tracii Guns
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2016, 06:34:01 PM »

I've seen a couple people talking about taking the train...dont. It will take a cab a while to get you back to Walpole/Mansfield, and there is no late night service. You will be waiting till 530am.

Edit- I should also add that it can take an hour just to get out of the parking lot. If they play till 11:10 you are not catching an inbound (boston) train.

Thanks for the heads up, I really appreciate it.  

I can't for the life understand how they can have this concert at gillette but have no train service.

Luckily I was able to cancel my hotel ( one that was a stone throw away from the t train ) and we are now staying at the Red Roof Inn hihi.

At least it's only 5 miles from the stadium. I was hoping I wouldn't have to drive or rent a car but what can do. I just literally drove from Edmonton to Halifax ( that's nearly 5000 km or 3100 miles) with 2 kids and a dog so I should be able to handle another 5 miles  hihi

Enjoy the show tonight folks, I'll be there tomorrow.

So again thank you all for the heads up, I really appreciate it.  beer beer beer beer

Cheers,

DH

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2016, 06:49:35 PM »

With Catcher being rehearsed, that brings up the possibility of any song being added to the set, right?

It wasn't one of the alternates listed previously as far as I can remember.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2016, 06:55:37 PM »

Can we expect GN'R at 8:25 pm?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2016, 06:56:31 PM »

I want Slither !

So jealous of all you filthy Pat and sawwwwwx fans tonight.  hihi

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2016, 07:02:40 PM »

With Catcher being rehearsed, that brings up the possibility of any song being added to the set, right?

It wasn't one of the alternates listed previously as far as I can remember.
Is it confirmed?

If they indeed rehearsed Catcher, I don't think they would play tonight, but rather in the next gig or so. It happened that way with Civil War, Coma and now, Sorry.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: