Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:25:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [Updates] July 19, 2016 Foxboro, MA @ Gillette Stadium
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Updates] July 19, 2016 Foxboro, MA @ Gillette Stadium  (Read 35609 times)
Whigged
Opening Act

« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2016, 12:26:17 AM »

Tomorrow night's is much, much better in my opinion. More soldiers on it. Limited to 500.

You saw tomorrow night's lithograph?!

Yep. Not sure if was a mistake or not, but they had it for sale at the stand outside by the main entrance - and I didn't see it anywhere else. Same artist and theme, but just more of the skeleton soldiers. I think there were four or five as opposed to one.
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2016, 12:32:41 AM »

This is Better I recorded from floor A1... Right before I was able to start periscoping
https://youtu.be/QnPkgMEoLKc

I just downloaded from my iPhone since my boy is driving in this traffic  lol

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2016, 12:43:25 AM »

Thanks to ALL the periscopers tonight with a special thank-you to Jbat81 for taking us home!!!  beer

The Encore Jam started out sounding like Angie but then quickly didn't sound like it anymore??

By my calculations the show was about 2 hours 45 minutes

Jbat by far the best periscoper of the night.

You're welcome RA and Gypsy!! Were there others periscoping???

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
Princess Leia
« Reply #103 on: July 20, 2016, 02:56:42 AM »

No Pats hate but Im wearing my NYG jersey haha. Can't believe they played Sorry

Try wearing a Yankees jersey. And you'll know what hate is    hihi
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: July 20, 2016, 07:02:04 AM »

Review from last night:  https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/music/2016/07/19/guns-roses-back-together-again-provide-classic-thrills-gillette-stadium/6AyMP1rgBpDIBcUGg9gWgK/story.html
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 07:12:42 AM by gnrrock » Logged
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2016, 08:41:01 AM »

Thanks to ALL the periscopers tonight with a special thank-you to Jbat81 for taking us home!!!  beer

The Encore Jam started out sounding like Angie but then quickly didn't sound like it anymore??

By my calculations the show was about 2 hours 45 minutes

Jbat by far the best periscoper of the night.

Thanks man, it was indeed better than the other ones. There were some people periscoping, but at least two or three stopped recording after some song.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2016, 09:03:07 AM »

This is Better I recorded from floor A1... Right before I was able to start periscoping

Quick question: You bring an extra battery charger in with you and do you get any grief for it if you do?

I've got a Galaxy S6 and MIGHT try to do some scoping Saturday. But I know it will chow my battery down quick. I have an external charger that holds like 10 charges that I could hook up to and drain that, but I don't want to deal with hassle at bag check.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
gunsnroses85
Headliner

YOU'RE GONNA' DIEEEE!!!!!

« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2016, 09:09:45 AM »

Quick question: You bring an extra battery charger in with you and do you get any grief for it if you do?

I've got a Galaxy S6 and MIGHT try to do some scoping Saturday. But I know it will chow my battery down quick. I have an external charger that holds like 10 charges that I could hook up to and drain that, but I don't want to deal with hassle at bag check.

I brought my charger to the show in DC and it's about the size of a magic marker, didn't get any grief for it bringing it in!

Oh she's a cornshucker!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2016, 09:11:25 AM »

I brought my charger to the show in DC and it's about the size of a magic marker, didn't get any grief for it bringing it in!

Mine's a bit bigger. It's about 6 inches by 3 inches (and heavy as fuck).

Together again,
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2016, 09:18:31 AM »

It wont replace the need for an extra battery charger, but you could try to periscope with the energy saving settings on. Also, dim the brightness level down and close every GPS and data consuming app you don't use.
But I have a feeling you already know those tips. Smiley

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2016, 09:23:58 AM »

It wont replace the need for an extra battery charger, but you could try to periscope with the energy saving settings on. Also, dim the brightness level down and close every GPS and data consuming app you don't use.

FINE! I'll shut down PokemonGo! It's for a good cause! Wink

Yeah, I know the saving tips.  But typically about 20 to 30 min of scoping will drop my battery by almost half (35% or so).  The charger I have I can pretty much power the phone for scoping (or PokemonGo-ing) for 6 to 8 hours. Wink

Together again,
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2016, 09:27:02 AM »

Just got the kids out the door to summer camp etc... I am exhausted, but what a night last night.

Lenny was great, he even made a quick comment before Always on the Run saying I wrote this with a high school friend of mine. While Lenny was onstage I got to meet Jarmo and hang with him for a couple of minutes (great guy). Then settled into the first row of the 100 section just left of the stage (not my actual seats), but the owners never came so I upgraded myself a touch. It was a pretty cool seat because it had a great view of the back stage area. All night I saw people like Del, Opie, Caram, Kat, and Jarmo bouncing around the stage and pit.

I had on my Nightrain shirt, and right away a girl in one of those limited tour jackets (she was very easy on the eyes BTW) came over thanking me for being part of the fan club and handed me a Duff pick.

The show itself was flawless, I had friends that were out at the back of the floor in the 100's and they said Axl was very muffled sounding and hard to hear, but from where I was (not sure if I had the benefit of the stage monitors and the speaker towers at mid field pointing back at the stage) he sounded amazing. Slash sounded as good as I've ever heard him. The rest of the band was amazing too... I will say Mellisa really stands out more vocally in person than on any bootleg I've heard so far.

I'm dealing with a medical issue with my oldest daughter so I'm not sure if I can go tonight, but I'm going to try like hell to make it work. I've only been home for 7 hours and still can;t hear anything out of my left ear, but I will say now that it is by far the best show I have ever seen
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 09:29:47 AM by C0ma » Logged
Virolec
Rocker

« Reply #112 on: July 20, 2016, 09:27:22 AM »

Fnar fnar  hihi

----
That was a good review in the Boston Globe.  This tour seems to have had a really good reception.  Can't wait for the circus to roll into town this side of the pond.

Nargle them.  Fargle them.  Nargle-fargle them.
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2016, 09:27:49 AM »

A friend I went with took and I put it in my pocket. They didn't care that I had it. It's prob 6 by 3 like u said. But I never used it cuz was able to periscope  only the last 46 mins. Plus I went in with 100%..

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2016, 09:29:11 AM »

Yeah, I know the saving tips.  But typically about 20 to 30 min of scoping will drop my battery by almost half (35% or so).  The charger I have I can pretty much power the phone for scoping (or PokemonGo-ing) for 6 to 8 hours. Wink

They were pretty lax (all things considered) entering Gillette. They just made you take out your cell phone and walk though a metal detector, if you didn't have a bag or set it off there was no pat down that I saw. My friend brought a mid size micro usb rapid charger and they didn't bat an eye.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2016, 09:30:07 AM »

Hahaha
Bring your battery with you. I'm sure you'll find a Vaporeon on stage next to Melissa. hihi

Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2016, 09:31:34 AM »

[/quote]
Thanks man, it was indeed better than the other ones. There were some people periscoping, but at least two or three stopped recording after some song.
[/quote]

No problem. Will try from the pit today. There's less people sonit should be better service

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2016, 09:34:53 AM »

Fnar fnar  hihi

----
That was a good review in the Boston Globe.  This tour seems to have had a really good reception.  Can't wait for the circus to roll into town this side of the pond.

LOL!!  Too funny.  Normally, my mind is squarely in the gutter and I totally missed that one til you pointed it out.

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2016, 09:37:21 AM »

No problem. Will try from the pit today. There's less people sonit should be better service

Gilette's wifi sucks balls.  Always has.

Metlife's has been pretty reliable and strong when I've used it in the past, but never tried to compete with 50k screaming scopers. Wink

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2016, 09:38:41 AM »

Hahaha
Bring your battery with you. I'm sure you'll find a Vaporeon on stage next to Melissa. hihi

1) That would be the best capture EVER.

2) I would post a picture of that shit here so fast your head would spin!

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: