Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:37:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Aerosmith Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aerosmith Thread.  (Read 210792 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #760 on: February 03, 2011, 03:10:24 PM »

A few things on Aerosmith/Tyler:

Video of Steven Tyler on Oprah.

With his Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee band Aerosmith taking a break from touring, Steven says being an Idol judge gives him an opportunity to try something new?even if it means getting some heat from his bandmates. "I've been judged all my life," he says. "I saw this as an opportunity to have some fun and sit next to J. Lo here, and Randy."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1hn_NNVIBI

According to HarperCollins Steven Tyler's book "Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?" will now be released on May 10th.

And another photo of Aerosmith in the studio without Joe Perry -- he's on vacation. Cheesy

Aerosmith: http://twitpic.com/3vtp9i

Joe Perry: http://yfrog.com/h8p1ttj

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #761 on: February 03, 2011, 04:02:58 PM »

Why do I suspect a brawl between the band and Perry is about to come???
it seems they are not at the same places....
that's just to bad.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #762 on: February 03, 2011, 06:42:25 PM »

well, there mixing screen size beats mine straight out

html sucks
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #763 on: February 05, 2011, 05:41:38 PM »

From Joe Perry:

I am in Aerosmith. I am not going anywhere.The band isn't writing any more.It was only for 8 days.If ya need a jolt get my last solo CD

There's nothing to make up. We are brothers we have been texting back n forth since the tour ended. It's a bunch of BS

It was only an 8 day writing session that got blown outta proportion. Asmith will resume in the Spring to finish the new CD

Asmith and I will be writing in the Spring. The guys only got together for 8 days.I had previous plans could not get out of.

you misunderstood they only wrote for 8 days, there will be more song writing for ASmith in the Spring.We r looking forward to the next CD

Steven and I text all of the time.He's my brother in arms just like Brad, Joey, and Tom r.Everything else is a rumor

all rumors. don't worry bout a thing.ASmith lives on n I am in it. It's my band.Tom and I formed it in 1969.It's the 5of us

http://twitter.com/admiralperry

And a video from Steven Tyler.

STEVEN ANSWERS YOUR QUESTIONS

http://www.steventyler.com/video/2a18d6-steven-answers-your-questions/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #764 on: February 10, 2011, 01:05:36 PM »

'American Idol' 2011: Steven Tyler asks San Francisco contestant for handcuffs

Thursday, February 10th 2011

Fox may have to cobble together another apology for Steven Tyler after the "American Idol" judge got frisky with some female contestants in San Francisco.

The 62-year-old Aerosmith front man -- who was recently criticized for flirting with 16-year-old "Idol" wannabe Victoria Huggins -- took it a step further on Wednesday night's show, offering to "take" one girl and asking another if she had handcuffs.

Fox issued a mock apology last week before airing the Austin, Texas, auditions for his "outrageous behavior."

"Mr. Tyler has been warned and assures us it will never happen again," a black card read while Muzak played over it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2011/02/10/2011-02-10_american_idol_2011_steven_tyler_asks_san_francisco_contestant_for_handcuffs.html

Mock apology: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss52jjY_Rd4

"I'll take this one" and "handcuff" comments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4abn4VBfiJg

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #765 on: February 10, 2011, 02:55:58 PM »

I don't care who Steven Tyler is, going on a show like Idol to be a judge just sucks bigtime. These are the kind of shows that are destroying real talent from coming through. I'm disappointed in him for doing this crap, and I probably won't look at him the same ever again.

You have artists like Elton John who totally understand my sentiments, and feel that these shows need to stop now. So with Tyler choosing to do this carwreck really does make me sad, and yes I do feel like he has sold out.  rant
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #766 on: February 10, 2011, 03:07:37 PM »

Aerosmith record sales are up 250% since Steven joined Idol
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #767 on: February 10, 2011, 07:43:15 PM »

^^You really will see Tyler differently just because he became a judge on American Idol? Undecided

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #768 on: February 10, 2011, 08:08:36 PM »

So do everyone elses records increase, when they appear on that crapfest Idol, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. The reason High School musical and Glee are so popular is not so far away from why Idol is popular. And that is because it is shoved down teenagers throats, who don't know any better. And then in turn, big media corporations report and print propaganda crap suggesting it's cool, and that is only because they are in the pockets of these shows organisors for sponsers and all of that shit.

Justin Beiber is a product of the Idol, Glee and High School Musical market, and it makes me sick. So no I don't think it's cool that Aerosmiths sales have increased since Tyler selling out because anyone can achieve that.

Maybe Axl should have gone on Idol to promote CD, oh wait. Axl would never do that because he is a true artist who wants praise and rewards for his work to be well deserved and natural, rather than selling millions just because you have been chosen by the media and big corporations to line the pockets of greedy people, while brainwashing people into believing it's cool.

Axl would not do this shit in 1987 or 2011, but Tyler is happy to be a guinea pig in the machine that has destroyed true music. When I believe he would have detested the whole idea of Idol back in the 80s/90's, because that is what Aerosmith used to stand for.

ok
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 08:28:20 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #769 on: February 13, 2011, 01:32:55 PM »

Aerosmith frontman done with book

Published: Feb. 13, 2011

Aerosmith frontman and "American Idol" judge Steven Tyler has finished his memoir and it could be in stores by Father's Day, its publishers said.

The memoir is titled "Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?" and it has been in the works for two years, The Boston Globe reported.

Ecco, an imprint of HarperCollins, is publishing the book. Tyler was reportedly paid $2 million for his efforts.

UPI

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #770 on: February 13, 2011, 01:58:47 PM »

So do everyone elses records increase, when they appear on that crapfest Idol, but that doesn't mean it's a good thing. The reason High School musical and Glee are so popular is not so far away from why Idol is popular. And that is because it is shoved down teenagers throats, who don't know any better. And then in turn, big media corporations report and print propaganda crap suggesting it's cool, and that is only because they are in the pockets of these shows organisors for sponsers and all of that shit.

Justin Beiber is a product of the Idol, Glee and High School Musical market, and it makes me sick. So no I don't think it's cool that Aerosmiths sales have increased since Tyler selling out because anyone can achieve that.

Maybe Axl should have gone on Idol to promote CD, oh wait. Axl would never do that because he is a true artist who wants praise and rewards for his work to be well deserved and natural, rather than selling millions just because you have been chosen by the media and big corporations to line the pockets of greedy people, while brainwashing people into believing it's cool.

Axl would not do this shit in 1987 or 2011, but Tyler is happy to be a guinea pig in the machine that has destroyed true music. When I believe he would have detested the whole idea of Idol back in the 80s/90's, because that is what Aerosmith used to stand for.

ok

I agree with everything you just said.

But if kids are listening to Aerosmith right now that is a great thing for the human race, regardless of how they found out about the band.  In order for a band to be successful these days, you HAVE to market yourself and put yourself on TV and on all the social networking sites..period.  It is not a luxury, it is a necessity in order to survive.  If you don't beat people over the head with your music, they will not listen to it, they will go to the next guy on their twitter feed who is beating them over the with it.  Now you dont have to update your twitter every time you take a shit like Slash does, but you need to keep in touch with your fans on a consistent basis.  I'm not saying I like it, im just saying thats how the world works now.  The success from Idol should push Aerosmith into finally putting out that new record.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 02:01:45 PM by Bodhi » Logged
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #771 on: February 13, 2011, 03:07:15 PM »

ok

I agree with everything you just said.

But if kids are listening to Aerosmith right now that is a great thing for the human race, regardless of how they found out about the band.  In order for a band to be successful these days, you HAVE to market yourself and put yourself on TV and on all the social networking sites..period.  It is not a luxury, it is a necessity in order to survive.  If you don't beat people over the head with your music, they will not listen to it, they will go to the next guy on their twitter feed who is beating them over the with it.  Now you dont have to update your twitter every time you take a shit like Slash does, but you need to keep in touch with your fans on a consistent basis.  I'm not saying I like it, im just saying thats how the world works now.  The success from Idol should push Aerosmith into finally putting out that new record.

I also agree with everything you just said  Smiley, just makes me angry that the music industry is ran this way nowadays.

It's all about money, and the true artistic integrety of artists is starting to fade. And the few artists who are still in the business because they care about making music and it's their passion, are left by the sidelines while all of the manufactured shit get's airtime.  rant
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #772 on: March 06, 2011, 06:30:25 PM »

STEVEN TALKS "DOES THE NOISE IN MY HEAD BOTHER YOU?"

http://www.steventyler.com/video/27851f-steven-talks-does-the-noise-in-my-head-bother-you/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #773 on: March 07, 2011, 10:37:39 PM »

From Steven Tyler:

AEROFREAKSREJOICE ...JOE & I SENT SMOKE SIGNALS... SHOT THE SHIT & CHEWED THE FAT FOR THE LAST YEAR... BUT JUST SMOKED THE PEACE PIPE

FOR AN HOUR TODAY AND ARE ON OUR WAY TO ROCK'IN YOUR FKIN WORLDS THIS SUMMER BY LOCKING OUR SELVES AWAY SOMEWHERE W/ GUITARS & DRUMS...LUVST

30 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #774 on: April 08, 2011, 01:50:55 PM »

Carrie Underwood and Steven Tyler ROCK IT LIVE - Undo it / Walk This Way - April 4th 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbbIvGVQqKk

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #775 on: April 20, 2011, 11:37:44 AM »

Thinking of getting this. Releases on May 3rd.

Fuck 'Em All.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #776 on: April 21, 2011, 02:14:05 PM »

April 20, 2011

Steven Tyler Drops F-Bomb on American Idol

Video: http://nation.foxnews.com/steven-tyler/2011/04/20/steven-tyler-drops-f-bomb-american-idol

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #777 on: April 25, 2011, 02:22:08 PM »

Steven Tyler -- Music Video Sans Aerosmith

4/24/2011

Steven Tyler has blown up even bigger because of "American Idol" -- and he's making a big move, telling our photog yesterday he's gonna shoot a music video for a new song ... and no Aerosmith.

music video shoot will go down Monday.

By the way ... Tyler has a memoir called "Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?" coming out on May 3.

Video: http://www.tmz.com/2011/04/24/steven-tyler-american-idol-aerosmith-solo-music-video/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #778 on: April 27, 2011, 01:34:18 PM »

Steven Tyler -- Music Video Sans Aerosmith

It's being shot/directed by Ray Kay.

http://www.vg.no/musikk/artikkel.php?artid=10084539
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Kay

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #779 on: April 27, 2011, 04:52:40 PM »

STEVEN TYLER: New Solo Single Sample Available - Apr. 27, 2011

On May 3, AEROSMITH frontman Steven Tyler will release his autobiography, "Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?" and it will be accompanied by the first solo single of his entire career, a poppy tune called "Feels So Good". "I can hear it coming out of people's cars this summer," he told Rolling Stone magazine.

Catch the premiere of "It Feels So Good" on Ryan Seacrest's show May 9 and pick it up on iTunes the following day (May 10).

An audio sample of "It Feels So Good" is available at Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/It-Feels-So-Good/dp/B004Y52H3A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1303933528&sr=8-3

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=157360

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: