Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 09:05:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227871 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD to be dropped in Sept and the band is rehearsing now and a US tour in Sept
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD to be dropped in Sept and the band is rehearsing now and a US tour in Sept  (Read 85060 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #300 on: April 11, 2006, 07:55:47 PM »

Mysteron once said that it was very close to being released in 2000, but it was pulled in the last minute.

ithink that?s exactly what we all deeply? fear, another retreat? Embarrassed

yep, that's exacly what I fear.

The troubling thing is that it appears that it could happen at any time..

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #301 on: April 11, 2006, 08:18:52 PM »

who the fuck wants the first? album this band does to have great solos that are from a person who isn't even in the band,...?
myself ok

well... actually i think robin is way better in playing solos...

bucket did some great solos on the new songs (live tracks +leaks), but nothing exceptional imo. his solos in better and chidem suck by the way.....

Im still not convinced of Finck as a lead player. Im sorry, he butchered way too many solos in 2002, and that includes his own ones. One of the boots of Chinese Democracy I have, he butchers his own solo, not just Slashs ones.

Buckethead is almost irreplaceable, much like Slash. There is no way Richard or Robin can "step up" or magically lift their game to the technical level of BH. Mastery of the instument on such a virtuosic level takes many, many years of intense study, and it is a rare few who reach the technical level he is at.

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #302 on: April 11, 2006, 08:30:07 PM »

who the fuck wants the first  album this band does to have great solos that are from a person who isn't even in the band,... 
myself ok

bucket did some great solos on the new songs (live tracks +leaks), but nothing exceptional imo. his solos in better and chidem suck by the way.....

Im still not convinced of Finck as a lead player. Im sorry, he butchered way too many solos in 2002, and that includes his own ones. One of the boots of Chinese Democracy I have, he butchers his own solo, not just Slashs ones.

Buckethead is almost irreplaceable, much like Slash. There is no way Richard or Robin can "step up" or magically lift their game to the technical level of BH. Mastery of the instument on such a virtuosic level takes many, many years of intense study, and it is a rare few who reach the technical level he is at.

Its pretty clear from the Demos that if Axl wants to continue playing them he is going to need a thrasher as a 3rd guitarist. Listen to Better, Bucket and Robin stand out big time....

Jonx
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #303 on: April 11, 2006, 08:52:26 PM »

from seeing new gnr live and hearing the boots leaks I think BH is the best player of the batch not to mention how he owned the vmas...? Seems like the others made more mistakes and sloppy play.. That's just my opinion though... I don't see the current duo doing all their parts then breaking out on BH's parts live.. We need cd first to see how the songs are supposed to sound or an idea of what it could sound like live..

Loosing him does suck... he was amazing...
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #304 on: April 11, 2006, 08:55:54 PM »

who the fuck wants the first? album this band does to have great solos that are from a person who isn't even in the band,...?
myself ok

that "solo" he playes before PC is crap.. god it sounds like hes just picked up a guitar for the first time and learning how to play it.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #305 on: April 11, 2006, 08:59:46 PM »

i really thought that it was so close when oh my god appeared in the End of Days soundtrack........ now, i don?t know for sure, still waiting for alto get his shit together and put out what he?s been working on all this decade of decadent music out there.

I think it was close... There was some detailed talks in 99.. To think it was close and now 7 years later this is still nothing..

Mysteron once said that it was very close to being released in 2000, but it was pulled in the last minute.

From what I heard, it was Geffen that pulled it.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #306 on: April 11, 2006, 09:03:20 PM »

i really thought that it was so close when oh my god appeared in the End of Days soundtrack........ now, i don?t know for sure, still waiting for alto get his shit together and put out what he?s been working on all this decade of decadent music out there.

I think it was close... There was some detailed talks in 99.. To think it was close and now 7 years later this is still nothing..

any idea why?
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #307 on: April 11, 2006, 09:19:17 PM »

any idea why?

Can't say for sure.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #308 on: April 11, 2006, 09:26:37 PM »

any idea why?

Can't say for sure.

They could have thought it wasn't good enough Undecided

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #309 on: April 11, 2006, 09:43:03 PM »

any idea why?

Can't say for sure.

I heard that rumor too.. that geffen returned it thinking it wasnt good enought.. that was in2003 tho.
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #310 on: April 11, 2006, 10:23:29 PM »

Yeah, I realize that is was a rumor and all...but just based on the songs we heard in 2002 and the leaks, which are several years old.  I have a hard time believing the songs were rejected because they were not good enough to be released by Geffen. 
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #311 on: April 11, 2006, 10:46:25 PM »

I strongly doubt that Geffen pulled it, in light of the amount of costs already sunken into the project.   They consistently pressured Axl to release something from 1998 onward and then finally through up their hands and starting releasing the greatest hits stuff.
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #312 on: April 11, 2006, 10:48:00 PM »

I think Axl said in an interview that when the band was happy with it the record company wasn't and vice versa.
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #313 on: April 12, 2006, 06:51:35 AM »

any idea why?

Can't say for sure.

I heard that rumor too.. that geffen returned it thinking it wasnt good enought.. that was in2003 tho.

That rumor was born in blabbermouth from a poster trying to scare and shock everybody, he did such a good job that many people bought it and  spread it like hell.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
godiva
« Reply #314 on: April 12, 2006, 07:24:18 AM »

Thanks for clearing that up. I remember reading it, but it has been a while. You are right, the story was bogus.  beer
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #315 on: April 12, 2006, 07:27:15 AM »

any idea why?

Can't say for sure.

That rumor was born in blabbermouth from a poster trying to scare and shock everybody, he did such a good job that many people bought it and? spread it like hell.

thanks... guess it was stupid for me to belive..
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #316 on: April 12, 2006, 08:37:46 AM »

There are two possibilities:

1. Axl wasn't satisfied with the record in the last 7 years and decided not to release it.

2. Geffen wasn't satisfied with the record in the last 7 years and decided not to release it.

Both are scary.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #317 on: April 12, 2006, 08:43:25 AM »

I don't know if I buy this whole September thing.

madagas
« Reply #318 on: April 12, 2006, 08:52:13 AM »

I am with you Choking....could be a smokescreen. Do you really think Axl would let the bandmembers tell of proposed release dates at this point?  Huh
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 09:04:12 AM by madagas » Logged
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #319 on: April 12, 2006, 09:23:27 AM »

I am with you Choking....could be a smokescreen. Do you really think Axl would let the bandmembers tell of proposed release dates at this point?? Huh

Agree completely. Why would he be the man to release the date at this point, not to mainstream media but unofficially to a fan. You know he gets hundreds of these "when will" emails per day. It doesn't make sense.

You know every radio station in America is drooling to be the first to break the news... and I am sure they would pitch thier loyalties to be "that" station. A fan has little to offer the band at this point.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 09:25:03 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: