Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:30:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227882 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Printing of CD booked? [rumor]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Printing of CD booked? [rumor]  (Read 11560 times)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« on: March 16, 2007, 12:31:09 PM »

from GnRSource.com
http://www.gnrsource.com/news/2007-03/16-tour.htm

"Chinese Democracy" to be printed?
March 16, 2007, last updated 02:05 GMT+1

Written by Jan for GnRsource.com.

A source I have reasons to trusts, who works at a cd production plant, told me he got a short glimpse of a manager's schedule at work the other day. On the schedule he saw "Guns 'n Roses" (sic) written. He only got a short glimpse of it, and he doesn't know the date, but he did say he believes it should happen quite shortly since his manager has it on his list.

He can't confirm that it was actually "Chinese Democracy" that was on the list. It may be something unofficial, or more likely a single. He did say that the number code on the list seemed to indicate that, but like I said, he only got a short glimpse.

I'm sceptical about posting this, but I do it regardless. I have no reason to distrust the information, but it may turn out to be false. But at the same time, the album is in mixing currently, and it makes sense that they've booked some sort of CD production, that can probably be pushed back a little.

If you want to post this on other boards, feel free to. Just NO bashing. The only thing bashing does is to shut up those who speaks (and I know for certain that happened in the past).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 01:08:46 PM by jazjme » Logged

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 12:34:13 PM »

First of all, if this is true it may be major news.
Second, what is this about numbers?

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 12:34:39 PM »

Well, I guess it's bound to happen sometime. Especially if you really believe the band has finished recording and is almost done mixing.

I wouldn't be surprised.. not that I really believe this rumor... =/.

gnrevolution.com
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 12:36:15 PM »

thanks jazjme beer cant wait to see this unfold Cheesy i hope its true

meanmachine73
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 12:38:02 PM »

I have alot of contacts in the Industry, esp the UK and Germany. Please feel free to IM me the company name and I will make some discreet enquiries.

** The major lables all use only 3 print groups to produce their work, I know the three group companies, PM me the name and I will instantly tell you if it is bullshit or not **
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 12:44:23 PM by meanmachine73 » Logged

Keep em under your wheels.
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 12:43:31 PM »

from GnRSource.com

http://www.gnrsource.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1191

A source I have reasons to trusts, who works at a cd production plant, told me he got a short glimpse of a manager's schedule at work the other day. On the schedule he saw "Guns 'n Roses" (sic) written. He only got a short glimpse of it, and he doesn't know the date, but he did say he believes it should happen quite shortly since his manager has it on his list.

He can't confirm that it was actually "Chinese Democracy" that was on the list. It may be something unofficial, or more likely a single. He did say that the number code on the list seemed to indicate that, but like I said, he only got a short glimpse.

I'm sceptical about posting this, but I do it regardless. I have no reason to distrust the information, but it may turn out to be false. But at the same time, the album is in mixing currently, and it makes sense that they've booked some sort of CD production, that can probably be pushed back a little.

If you want to post this on other boards, feel free to. Just NO bashing. The only thing bashing does is to shut up those who speaks (and I know for certain that happened in the past).

Its not like you are a one post wonder. We will take it at face value, something good but nothing to get too excited about.
src
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 12:46:26 PM »

First of all, if this is true it may be major news.
Second, what is this about numbers?

It may be major news. I would not have posted it if I didn't believe in it, because since they're in mixing, it's likely they've thought about the printing of CDs. I understand what he said about numbers as codes they use to define what is what. From what I know, something like that should be fairly standard procedure. Hope that helped, but take this for what it is...
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 12:50:54 PM »

But at the same time, the album is in mixing currently, and it makes sense that they've booked some sort of CD production, that can probably be pushed back a little.

Is that so? From what I read here (I myself have no clue of this) mastering would be the next step, even if mixing was done. And it sounds like mastering could take extreme long OR short time, since it is not just technical, but als a question of art and inspiration.

So would it really make sense to book a industry facility at this point? I have no idea.

Restraint is for suckers.
EFISH
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 12:52:43 PM »

Mastering only takes a day. So on Guns N' Roses time, I would say 3 days tops.  Grin

If what your friend saw was the single or the album on that list, then that is great news!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 12:54:02 PM »

But at the same time, the album is in mixing currently, and it makes sense that they've booked some sort of CD production, that can probably be pushed back a little.

Is that so? From what I read here (I myself have no clue of this) mastering would be the next step, even if mixing was done. And it sounds like mastering could take extreme long OR short time, since it is not just technical, but als a question of art and inspiration.

So would it really make sense to book a industry facility at this point? I have no idea.

GN'R is the king of not making sense, but since we don't know the exact time line for the post production this could actually be an exception.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
src
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 12:55:44 PM »

I'm sure there's someone who knows more about this, but from what I've seen and heard mastering doesn't really take long time. 1-4 days, I guess. It should be a fairly short process. Booking cd printing in a some weeks time COULD be it. But like I wrote, this could be something else too... a single or some dumb unofficial release.

From Wikipedia:
Mastering (Post-Production) is the art of optimizing sound frequencies in order to meet industry standards; and in addition, to transfer the recorded audio as a cohesive program to a data storage device that will be used in the production of copies (via methods such as pressing, duplication or replication).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 01:04:41 PM by jan_gnrsource » Logged
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 12:57:37 PM »

isnt mastering jsut making a master copy of the mixed tracks? to use for mass production? the way i understand is that mastering is the beginnign of production....of course i may sound totally stupid with this post hihi Pilferk prolly knows (as others do as well i'm sure)

Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 01:03:29 PM »

Okay, from what ALL of you are saying it seems that I confused mixing and mastering.  hihi  I just remembered one step CAN take long, dunno why I thought that it would be mastering.  Huh

Restraint is for suckers.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 01:04:05 PM »

just a clarification so there is no misunderstanding....

http://www.gnrsource.com/news/2007-03/16-tour.htm

"Chinese Democracy" to be printed?
March 16, 2007, last updated 02:05 GMT+1

Written by Jan for GnRsource.com.

[Discuss]

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 01:04:23 PM »

isnt mastering jsut making a master copy of the mixed tracks? to use for mass production? the way i understand is that mastering is the beginnign of production....of course i may sound totally stupid with this post hihi Pilferk prolly knows (as others do as well i'm sure)

Thats what i thought bout mastering too neemo. and that is indeed the bottom line. but aparently that can be a complex process.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 01:06:55 PM »

Thats what i thought bout mastering too neemo. and that is indeed the bottom line. but aparently that can be a complex process.

oh ok...it didnt seem to take too long on that Discovery Program "How its Made" hihi

Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 01:14:31 PM »

oh ok...it didnt seem to take too long on that Discovery Program "How its Made" hihi

http://www.discmakers.com/soundlab/whatismastering/index.asp
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 01:16:44 PM »

http://www.discmakers.com/soundlab/whatismastering/index.asp

thanks dude! beer

creepingvines
Headliner

exploding whispers...

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 01:40:16 PM »

this is pretty damn exciting if true!  judging by that link's description of the mastering process, it sounds like a single could theoretically be released before mastering is completed for the entire album?
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 02:00:30 PM »

** The major lables all use only 3 print groups to produce their work, I know the three group companies, PM me the name and I will instantly tell you if it is bullshit or not **

Who Huh (just out of curiousity) are the 3 print groups???  Huh
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: