Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 01:55:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 427735 times)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #1360 on: July 13, 2014, 10:25:33 AM »

Never heard back from Universal Music Sweden about this.....

What Universal France told me is that "it is apparently a US-only release", and that they never heard about this.

I ordered mine on Amazon.com on release day, shipped the next day and got it in France 7 days later (paid for mid-Priority shipping - about 12 dollars plus taxes). Total was a little less than 30 euros.

JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #1361 on: July 14, 2014, 03:12:27 PM »

Finally got mine in the mail today...can't wait to watch it!

2006: Edmonton
2010: Calgary
2010: Saskatoon
2012: Las Vegas (x2)
2014: Las Vegas (x2)
2016: Las Vegas
2016: Toronto
2017: Regina
2017: Edmonton
Shiratamaniax
Headliner

« Reply #1362 on: July 15, 2014, 09:28:19 PM »

I went to see the movie at Tokyo! Already twice... Cheesy
Extraordinary experience!

Movie Tix

Here's a display at Tower record shinjuku, Tokyo.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 10:10:31 PM by Shiratamaniax » Logged

ヽ(゚∀゚)ノ 銃&薔薇ヽ(゚∀゚)ノ
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #1363 on: July 16, 2014, 01:05:42 AM »

Has anyone been able to download the digital version yet? When I try it on my iPhone it just brings up the booklet.

chramos
Headliner

GNR Rules!!!!

« Reply #1364 on: July 16, 2014, 07:07:08 AM »

Just received my blu ray copy from amazon. Simply amazing!!!! Was watching the digital version until now, but that is way better!!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1365 on: July 16, 2014, 02:53:51 PM »

Got my copy as well. Looks and sounds great!

Cool

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #1366 on: July 17, 2014, 07:57:54 AM »

Got my bluray this week from cduniverse. It was back ordered for almost 2 weeks but then arrived very quickly here in Brazil. The show is just AMAZING. The quality of the images and the quality of the sound and everything else kicks major ass, very very very well done. I?ve seen some of the videos online before and I can say that once you see those on a good tv with a good sound? it?s freaking good, no comparison !!! Axl and the band are on a very good mood, everybody?s doing a very good job, many cameras on the right position filming what needs to be filmed at the right time. I could see it louder than hell twice in a roll and I?m already ready for one more!!! The interviews are great as well and it?s good to see DJ, Ron, Tommy and Dizzy talking about Axl. The footage on the bluray is spectacular. A few friends that aren?t GN?R fans watched with me ? they came to my house complaining that, back in the 90?s they hated the Tokyo VHS videos. Guess what: both loved it and one of them actually wants to buy the damn thing.
It?s so good to see a live official show after all those years and to see Chinese Democracy songs there as well (if I had to point one negative thing is that I wanted more CD songs but it?s ok). It?s a sense of ?They did it? you know? A sense that justice has been made somehow (even more because Appetite for Democracy is on top of the charts).  I have no idea of what stands in the future for the band (both live and at the studio) but it gave me this feeling of mission accomplished. It made me think of all the way since it started back in the end of the 90?s, Rock in Rio 3, the shows from 2002, 2006/07, the departures, the new guys (who aren?t new anymore), and everything else in between, not to mention the record that, at least for me, stands as the best Guns N? Roses record ever ? so far. Of course the mission accomplished feeling have its twists when you think of many things that went wrong (such as official videos for the CD songs, the release of CD, the booklet, fucked up managers from the past, record company, etc) but it also made me think of how many things we got very right since the early 00?s ? the record, practically 6 years of touring the whole world in such a successful way (even without the proper support any band needs - and yes I know the CD tour ended some years ago), 2 Axl interviews for TV (and a cool Bud ad!) not to mention interviews for websites, the 2008 chats, the Revolver Magazine interview, an official website, the RNRHOF letter, the Golden Awards achievement award, the bluray, etc. With that said I?m not sure if the band wants to close this amazing huge and incredible chapter of the whole CD saga with the bluray or not, I just felt like this watching it (I still have hopes to see the right booklet out somehow, the remixes album, new songs with Bucket and Robin and Brain and Paul in, etc ? let?s see what the sea will bring to us!).
It?s been one hell of a journey ? I still remember the first time I read the words ?Chinese Democracy? on a Rolling Stone magazine back in 2000. I enjoyed the title and felt something good was about to come but could never predict that it was going to be so amazing. I feel like ROUND II is over now and GN?R did it. Let?s go to round 3 !!!!!
Thank you Axl and Guns N? Roses !!!

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1367 on: July 17, 2014, 10:57:40 AM »

Has anyone been able to download the digital version yet? When I try it on my iPhone it just brings up the booklet.

Any luck yet?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JeffK
Rocker

« Reply #1368 on: July 17, 2014, 11:52:45 AM »

Any luck yet?

/jarmo
Not yet...not a big deal cause I have the DVD as well, but it would still be nice to have it downloaded on my phone instead of having to stream it from the app.

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #1369 on: July 17, 2014, 03:41:57 PM »

Any luck yet?

/jarmo

Must be missing something here, got the DVD {not blue-ray)  Download also  Huh
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #1370 on: July 17, 2014, 03:43:11 PM »

Got my bluray this week from cduniverse. It was back ordered for almost 2 weeks but then arrived very quickly here in Brazil. The show is just AMAZING. The quality of the images and the quality of the sound and everything else kicks major ass, very very very well done. I?ve seen some of the videos online before and I can say that once you see those on a good tv with a good sound? it?s freaking good, no comparison !!! Axl and the band are on a very good mood, everybody?s doing a very good job, many cameras on the right position filming what needs to be filmed at the right time. I could see it louder than hell twice in a roll and I?m already ready for one more!!! The interviews are great as well and it?s good to see DJ, Ron, Tommy and Dizzy talking about Axl. The footage on the bluray is spectacular. A few friends that aren?t GN?R fans watched with me ? they came to my house complaining that, back in the 90?s they hated the Tokyo VHS videos. Guess what: both loved it and one of them actually wants to buy the damn thing.
It?s so good to see a live official show after all those years and to see Chinese Democracy songs there as well (if I had to point one negative thing is that I wanted more CD songs but it?s ok). It?s a sense of ?They did it? you know? A sense that justice has been made somehow (even more because Appetite for Democracy is on top of the charts).  I have no idea of what stands in the future for the band (both live and at the studio) but it gave me this feeling of mission accomplished. It made me think of all the way since it started back in the end of the 90?s, Rock in Rio 3, the shows from 2002, 2006/07, the departures, the new guys (who aren?t new anymore), and everything else in between, not to mention the record that, at least for me, stands as the best Guns N? Roses record ever ? so far. Of course the mission accomplished feeling have its twists when you think of many things that went wrong (such as official videos for the CD songs, the release of CD, the booklet, fucked up managers from the past, record company, etc) but it also made me think of how many things we got very right since the early 00?s ? the record, practically 6 years of touring the whole world in such a successful way (even without the proper support any band needs - and yes I know the CD tour ended some years ago), 2 Axl interviews for TV (and a cool Bud ad!) not to mention interviews for websites, the 2008 chats, the Revolver Magazine interview, an official website, the RNRHOF letter, the Golden Awards achievement award, the bluray, etc. With that said I?m not sure if the band wants to close this amazing huge and incredible chapter of the whole CD saga with the bluray or not, I just felt like this watching it (I still have hopes to see the right booklet out somehow, the remixes album, new songs with Bucket and Robin and Brain and Paul in, etc ? let?s see what the sea will bring to us!).
It?s been one hell of a journey ? I still remember the first time I read the words ?Chinese Democracy? on a Rolling Stone magazine back in 2000. I enjoyed the title and felt something good was about to come but could never predict that it was going to be so amazing. I feel like ROUND II is over now and GN?R did it. Let?s go to round 3 !!!!!
Thank you Axl and Guns N? Roses !!!

And don't forget to add two kick ass residences in Vegas to the "mission accomplished."

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1371 on: July 17, 2014, 04:30:39 PM »

Any luck yet?

/jarmo

People who bought the digital stream were told they can download the audio later.

/jarmo

The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #1372 on: July 17, 2014, 04:40:10 PM »

Any luck yet?

/jarmo

People who bought the digital stream were told they can download the audio later.

/jarmo
Thanks
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #1373 on: July 17, 2014, 05:06:38 PM »

Amazon says mine will arrive at my home in about a month.
Oh well...

The feedback is really great.

I can also see this as the end of chapter Chinese Democracy.

Lets see whats next? Wink

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1374 on: July 17, 2014, 06:38:01 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES' 'Appetite For Democracy 3D' Retains Top Spot On Billboard's Music DVD Chart

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-appetite-for-democracy-3d-retains-top-spot-on-billboards-music-dvd-chart/

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
gnrfan89
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1375 on: July 18, 2014, 02:59:15 PM »

Fantrack support response to my inquiry as to whether the download has been further delayed:

Yes we are awaiting the new date and will post on the site.  the streaming version for both should be working for you.

09/06 SF
12/06 Oakland
10/20/12 Mtn View
10/21/12 Mtn View
11/23/12 LV
11/24/12 LV
06/06/14 LV
06/07/14 LV
04/08/16 LV
04/09/16 LV
08/16 SF
11/17 Oakland
08/21 SJ
10/08/23 Aftershock
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1376 on: July 18, 2014, 06:18:50 PM »

Anyone knows how i get to play the Digital (streaming) DVD on my TV? I have an apple TV box, but can't get it from my mac (the app website) and over to the tv

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1377 on: July 18, 2014, 06:29:02 PM »

Anyone knows how i get to play the Digital (streaming) DVD on my TV? I have an apple TV box, but can't get it from my mac (the app website) and over to the tv

Did you try https://www.apple.com/support/appletv/airplay/ ?

/jarmo

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1378 on: July 18, 2014, 07:11:08 PM »

Did you try https://www.apple.com/support/appletv/airplay/ ?

/jarmo

Thanks! Baah.. My Mac is from 2009 and don't include that Airplay function to mirror the screen.. :p

EDIT: Found an app called Airparrot! Works fine now. But the stream is real slow, so its not worth watching. I think i have to wait for the digital download...  Cry
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:24:50 PM by Nytunz » Logged

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
BumbleBuzz
Rocker

Guns N' Roses Strong Since 1999!

« Reply #1379 on: July 19, 2014, 04:35:58 AM »

I got the DVD yesterday, a shop in the City Centre here in Newcastle, UK, ordered it for me  ok - actually charged me less than I would have paid with shipping and exchange rate on Amazon.com

Played it last night and just fell in love with it, great performance and brilliant to have this - JUST MADE ME BROODY TO ATTEND ANOTHER GNR SHOW!

2006.06.09 - Dublin, Ireland
2006.07.29 - London, England
2010.09.01 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.17 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.23 - Newcastle, England
2017.07.17 - London, England
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: