Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 12:30:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227852 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appetite For Democracy Blu-ray/DVD - live in Las Vegas Nov 21 2012  (Read 427730 times)
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #1380 on: July 23, 2014, 12:38:01 PM »

I searched for this topic and didn't see it. Forgive me if someone already has done this, as I am shocked I couldn't find it.

What does everyone think of the new concert film?

I think it's great! I had it cranked up last night and watched it for the first time. I thought it sounded better in the stereo 2.0 option, though that is what I usually lean towards for concert films. I have seen this band 6 times and have never seen them do "Catcher In The Rye", so that was a highlight for me to hear it in perfect quality.

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
Pedro Gunner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1381 on: July 23, 2014, 03:50:10 PM »

I bought the DVD on monday, in the Amazon in the UK, someone knows how long time it will be here for me? I'm in a small city called Paignton in the south of the UK.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1382 on: July 23, 2014, 06:51:25 PM »

I bought the DVD on monday, in the Amazon in the UK, someone knows how long time it will be here for me? I'm in a small city called Paignton in the south of the UK.

Didn't you get a shipping estimate?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #1383 on: July 24, 2014, 02:45:18 AM »

/jarmo
If its UK Amazon 2nd class service it will be within 4 days.
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #1384 on: July 24, 2014, 02:52:40 AM »

I Ordered mine little over a week ago to finland regular class and my estimate is Aug 22  Undecided (ive should have payed the 5e extra but its done now.)
On the bright side my birthday is Aug 23 so that would be a exellent birthday gift .

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #1385 on: July 24, 2014, 05:27:18 AM »

I Ordered mine little over a week ago to finland regular class and my estimate is Aug 22  Undecided (ive should have payed the 5e extra but its done now.)
On the bright side my birthday is Aug 23 so that would be a exellent birthday gift .

I wouldn't worry too much about Amazon's estimates. It's happened at least to me quite a few times that items have arrived normally in a week or whatever despite the estimation having been a month off.

Don't shoot the messenger though peace
Pedro Gunner
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1386 on: July 24, 2014, 05:29:42 AM »

/jarmo
If its UK Amazon 2nd class service it will be within 4 days.

I received this message:

Order status:
  Dispatched on 22 July 2014
Expected dispatch date:
  22 July 2014 - 23 July 2014
Estimated delivery date:
  30 July 2014 - 19 Aug 2014

Items
* Appetite for Democracy: Live Hard Rock Las Vegas [Blu-ray] [2014] [Region Free] [NTSC]

ROSE
VIP

Nice boys Dont Play Rock N Roll!!!!!!

« Reply #1387 on: July 25, 2014, 11:08:35 AM »

Got my copy a few days ago from Amazon.com in the US.

I've watched a few songs and there is definitely a problem with the audio/picture sync.

I tried it on both a blu ray player and PS3 connected to a Sony Bravia tv and its the same on both.

Also the picture seems to slow form time to time eg. at the beginning of Rocket Queen when the dancers are walking out on stage and when Ron and Richard are walking out at the start of the song.

Anybody else have this problem or have I  just received a faulty copy.
deadtotheworld
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1388 on: July 25, 2014, 11:35:18 AM »

I didnt really have any problems with the sync, but the audio through my home theatre can be a bit wishy washy at times. For the first few songs the sound is kinda empty sounding. Then up until You could be mine the guitars dont seem very prominent or powerful. Overall though im happy with the blu ray ive watched it about 5 times.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1389 on: July 25, 2014, 12:49:38 PM »

Also the picture seems to slow form time to time eg. at the beginning of Rocket Queen when the dancers are walking out on stage and when Ron and Richard are walking out at the start of the song.

Isn't that the way it was edited?

I don't know how a disc could slow down the video in a certain part of a certain song. It's not like changing the speed of a tape of vinyl....

Didn't notice any sync issues myself.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ROSE
VIP

« Reply #1390 on: July 25, 2014, 02:04:43 PM »

I don't know how a disc could slow down the video in a certain part of a certain song. It's not like changing the speed of a tape of vinyl....

/jarmo

Yeah, maybe that's it, just the way its edited. I was just checking see if it was the same for others.

The sound and picture is definitely off a bit. I just read a few pages back some other guy said the same. Strange when it seems to be ok for most.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1391 on: July 25, 2014, 07:04:02 PM »

Do you run the audio through a receiver?

/jarmo

ROSE
VIP

« Reply #1392 on: July 26, 2014, 05:00:41 AM »

Do you run the audio through a receiver?

/jarmo

No.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1393 on: July 26, 2014, 09:47:35 AM »

Hmm. Weird.  Undecided

/jarmo

ROSE
VIP

« Reply #1394 on: July 26, 2014, 04:08:20 PM »

Hmm. Weird.  Undecided

/jarmo

Yeah, very strange.
slash&axl
Rocker

« Reply #1395 on: July 27, 2014, 02:56:20 PM »

/jarmo

Yeah, maybe that's it, just the way its edited. I was just checking see if it was the same for others.

The sound and picture is definitely off a bit. I just read a few pages back some other guy said the same. Strange when it seems to be ok for most.

There have been reports of this alright if using a Hdmi cable for for the sound
Try hooking the sound up to speakers and it will resolve the problem
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1396 on: July 28, 2014, 03:42:47 PM »

I'm in the UK- looking at ordering from Amazn, but says " Region 1 encoding (requires a North American or multi-region DVD player and NTSC compatible TV"- will it definitely work on a standard UK dvd player (i.e. not a multi-region?). Don't want to risk it unless anyone else in the UK has tried it and it was fine....

Also- it mentions import charges. How did this work out for anyone that ordered it? Any advice at all?

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #1397 on: July 28, 2014, 03:48:56 PM »

I'm in the UK- looking at ordering from Amazn, but says " Region 1 encoding (requires a North American or multi-region DVD player and NTSC compatible TV"- will it definitely work on a standard UK dvd player (i.e. not a multi-region?). Don't want to risk it unless anyone else in the UK has tried it and it was fine....

Also- it mentions import charges. How did this work out for anyone that ordered it? Any advice at all?

Got it and it works fine. There is also the possibility to "multi-renationalise"  your dvd player you can get codes and instructions for your model online, all done with your remote  ok
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #1398 on: July 28, 2014, 04:28:15 PM »

/jarmo

There have been reports of this alright if using a Hdmi cable for for the sound
Try hooking the sound up to speakers and it will resolve the problem
These issues have been seen in the bluray version only or both?

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1399 on: July 28, 2014, 04:30:10 PM »

Looking at my DVD copy, the region coding logo says ALL on it. I think it means the region code won't be an issue.
Maybe somebody else with the DVD can confirm this as well...

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: