Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:16:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fuck this.......Atleast we had 2002
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuck this.......Atleast we had 2002  (Read 8793 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« on: August 02, 2005, 12:19:40 AM »

What if we never even got the New Year's shows, or the 2002 shows.

Atleast we got THAT! Maybe that's all Axl was physically and mentally capable of doing. I.....for one....do not think this album is ever happening.

But I just got this overwhelming feeling that we should all be grateful for what Axl gave us in 2002. Maybe THAT was the final chapter. Or atleast Axl got out what he needed to get out. For all intents and purposes, he released a bunch of new songs that we all got to enjoy, and listen to them today as if they are from chinese democracy.

Think about it guys, what would we be saying if we never even got 2002?!?!?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 12:45:26 AM »

Axl said you will have more like waiting for Jesus, did  you really think he was kidding? There is a light at the end of the tunel. All we can hope it will be worth the wait.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 03:22:33 AM »

If the New Years shows and the 2002 failed tour never happened, we all would have given up by now. Those few new songs has kept us going for years. Its getting to the point where people are getting fed up with the situation. In the very near future, he needs to either release CD or do another failed tour so he can play a few new songs to be bootlegged.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 03:37:39 AM »

well if 2002 was in fact the last artistic gasp, I am very disappointed

Im hoping Axl comes back and does it properly this time (an album would be nice  hihi, then an organised tour thats up to scratch or dont bother at all) - 2002 was a mistake IMO and set the band back a few years

If nothing had happened (incl. 2002), Axls mystery and allure would remain somewhat intact, 2002 destroyed some of the mystery and may lessen the impact when(or if) CD drops

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
dustNroses
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 09:03:48 AM »

In a way i believe that CD will happen, But he must be thinking that all of the songs he wrote for CD are sort of released already. I think all of these message boards and mp3 sites with live new gnr stuff are playing a huge part in delaying the new album. Afterall, if i personally had shitty demos and live versions of my new material posted all over the net before i released it, Id be spewing and would be wanting to write new songs altogethor.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 10:13:53 AM »

If nothing had happened (incl. 2002), Axls mystery and allure would remain somewhat intact, 2002 destroyed some of the mystery and may lessen the impact when(or if) CD drops

I believe the same thing. Although he is forgotten once again. Sad, though.  Maybe the last come back will be the checkmate.  ok

P.S. No more braids!  Grin
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 01:10:33 PM »

There aren't even rumours any more.  Axl has successfully stopped rumour-mongers even thinking about lying about release dates because it's TOO far fetched even for them!!!

Axl, look what you've done!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 09:50:36 PM »

Sure I`m happy we had the 2001/2002 shows. But I don`t think this is all Axl was planning. To spend the millions on CD and years in the studio....? I think Axl has some issues that he needs to deal with, which is delaying things. Ultimately I think we`ll see GNR back out on the road and a new album, just don`t know when.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 10:07:15 PM »

yes we know, we've been waiting a long time. Next............

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 11:21:59 PM »

I for one hope that we haven't heard the last of him.  He needs to come back to prove to everyone and I think to himself can release this album and do a successfull tour.  Yes, some of you are going to say Axl doesn't need to prove anything but I really think he needs to prove it to himself that he can and will be embraced if he makes his comeback this year.    Or as James said, do another tour so that we can get more boots of new songs hihi

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005, 11:31:45 PM »

this thread cinches and confirms it allright ......

chinese democracy starts now!!!  hihi

ok

GNRisSLASH
Banned
Rocker

Ch. Democracy will be out when China's a Democracy

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 12:50:19 AM »

Axl said you will have more like waiting for Jesus, did? you really think he was kidding? There is a light at the end of the tunel. All we can hope it will be worth the wait.

You live in a very looooong tunnel, Dave GnR2k17.  you've been talking about this release date and light for years on here. YEARS. But I never get tired of reading your posts. Keep up the good work. You da man!

"It'll be out by 2009"
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 03:45:15 AM »

Yeah, without 2002 I could never say I was part of a GN'R riot.  Thanks for the memories Axl!!!

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Twisted Nerve 85
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 09:39:09 PM »

Honestly I think 2002 was js one big cocktease.  peace

Life's a bitch.......anyone who says different is selling something.
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 03:22:34 AM »

chinese democracy starts now!!!  hihi

ok

that joke is just seriously fucked right now!! no hihi

i for one, am sick of wondering n' thinkin' about Chinese Democracy n' shit now.......this has happend before afew times n' then i'll get the buz back sooner or latter n' be excited about it again.....but for fucks sake man........i hate to say this kinda shit but Axl to me at the moment is waisting  all this time, when he could be rippin' this fuckin' world apart n' have it NOW!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

HURRY UP AXL YOU FUCKIN' FUCK

rant rant rant rant

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Litti10
Headliner

Here Today...Gone To Yesterday

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 06:07:49 AM »

Yea..least we got that but i dont think its the last we hear Guns live. When they get the album out they'll tour. cuz by now if the rest of the guys were to give up on this we would have heard it somewhere, so maybe it will happen on the last quarter of this year october - december 2005!
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2005, 06:16:51 PM »

Don't hold your breath.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2005, 11:14:26 PM »

I might be in the minority, and have stated my opinion on this many times but I truly believe had the 2002 tour never been axed then we would all have the album in our hands by now.. The VMA's followed by the tour had to have some purpose to it. What was he to do? "Hope you enjoyed our 2 month tour but now were going back to the studio for another 3+ years..It doesnt make sense to me at all when people say the tour was to let the band "gel"..they had 2001+ those many long nights in the studio to gel. The tour was called the chinese democracy tour for christ sakes not the "cocktease deluxe" world tour. I think its cancelation did in fact force Axl to retreat back into hiding to go every note hes writtten with a finetooth comb. I truly doubt 2002 is the last chance we had to see Guns in action though, Stinson is one of the most dedicated and passionate musicians out there, hes not gunna latch his wagon to a album that will never see the light of day..but if thats the case i hope he takes it to Axl..prison yard style hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2005, 09:19:21 AM »

Honestly I think 2002 was js one big cocktease.? peace

Well said and well put beer

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2005, 10:46:53 AM »

Atleast we got THAT!

Think about it guys, what would we be saying if we never even got 2002?!?!?

I missed that whole. hihi
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: