Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:26:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fuck this.......Atleast we had 2002
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuck this.......Atleast we had 2002  (Read 8784 times)
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2005, 02:42:36 PM »

AxlsMainMan, very good point. Even though most don't believe it, more things were supposed to happen in 2002. Obviously an album was the main thing. We differ only on the reason for no album. You think it was the failed tour. I think CD got rejected by Interscope, and that rejection caused a domino effect. We are still feeling the effects from it today.

estranged.1098
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2005, 05:48:21 PM »

I have a hard time believing the plan was to release the CD before the end of the American tour. How many bands announce a tour before they announce the album?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2005, 06:01:18 PM »

Guns N Roses. In 1991, the tour started months before the albums came out.

GnrPersia
Opening Act

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2005, 06:37:01 PM »

I'm sure we all as supporters of The Biggest band in the world "Guns N' Roses" won't lost our hopes on? Axl's Upcoming Album and Tour and with believing in what he's doing for us will be waiting and supporting the band untill we get ride of this numb hell we are into it rightnow.

And Axl we all want to see once again that you're Rockin' the crowded football Stadiums...

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2005, 03:03:16 AM »

I have a hard time believing the plan was to release the CD before the end of the American tour. How many bands announce a tour before they announce the album?

If Axl hadn't wanted to release the album in 2002/early 2003, then why did he name the tour 'Chinese Democracy World Tour'?

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
GnrPersia
Opening Act

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2005, 05:05:18 AM »

Chinese Democracy world tour 2002-2003 held for supporting upcoming Album and it was planned to continue in 2003 after CD release

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2005, 12:29:58 PM »

I think 2002 was Axl`s plan to get the band on the road to get them used to touring and jelling as a unit before the album came out. Then things fell apart.....

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GnrPersia
Opening Act

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2005, 06:47:23 PM »

I think 2002 was Axl`s plan to get the band on the road to get them used to touring and jelling as a unit before the album came out. Then things fell apart.....

well yea.. Axl's plan was something like that in '02 tour and then in an interview with KISW Seattle before the Tacoma gig he said:

...Ditch: You've really, you've... It sounds like really nurtured relationships with these guys, and the new disc "Chinese Democracy". Umm, do you have any idea when the fruits of those labours will come to harvest?

Axl: Uhh, sometime during the next year...

So it was planned to tour in 2002 release the album in '03 and continue touring with the whole new songs setlist.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2005, 08:21:17 AM »

Yeah, I kinda believe that too but it's been years since to get it back together.    Let's say it law suits are holding this up, I still don't understand why they can't release a statement saying, officially...GNR is having legal issues the ablum will be officially released in let's say 2007.   Not stringing us every year...  But, this year is the first Merck statement that is somewhat hopefull so lets see if they pull it off.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2005, 02:58:29 AM »

The Stones just did that this Spring, with Jagger saying at the press conference that the album would be out before year's end
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2005, 12:15:08 AM »

Think about it guys, what would we be saying if we never even got 2002?!?!?

Blasphemy!  rant

Tongue  hihi

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
blasphemer
Banned
Rocker

Are You A Dead MonkeY?

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2005, 08:08:33 PM »

YEAH this is fucking blasphemy. FUCK THIS.  wheres the damn album

Kayne West qoute "George Bush dont like black people".  Kayne West is like the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Shes a gold digger says it all.  His mind, his ideas, his art, is nothing short of genius.
Dust N Rose
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2005, 03:32:19 PM »

Yeah, I kinda believe that too but it's been years since to get it back together.? ? Let's say it law suits are holding this up, I still don't understand why they can't release a statement saying, officially...GNR is having legal issues the ablum will be officially released in let's say 2007.? ?Not stringing us every year...? But, this year is the first Merck statement that is somewhat hopefull so lets see if they pull it off.

Same reason for me to still hope for this year. It can't be postponed nor delayed anymore, just can't. Undecided
LimeGreen_Engines
Headliner

I like GN'R, but not that much.

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2005, 05:27:17 PM »

Honestly I think 2002 was js one big cocktease.? peace

:rofl:Oh brilliantly said. I had a good laugh at that. It's like something i'd say. Well done, well said. beer
LimeGreen_Engines
Headliner

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2005, 05:31:35 PM »

Axl said you will have more like waiting for Jesus, did? you really think he was kidding? There is a light at the end of the tunel. All we can hope it will be worth the wait.

...and as for you......ooh god what a wanky way to talk! It's a fucking compact disc for crying out loud!!
" Keep the faith brothers, there is light at the end of the tunnel"  confused

Get a grip. No-one even gives a crap about 'Chinese Democracy' anymore. Probably not even Axl.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2005, 05:33:51 PM »

Well said, Lime.  I think people really over-estimate the public's want for the new album.  Most people don't even know there is a new album in the works.  The only thing that's gonna bring back casual fans is a full-scale reunion with Slash and Co.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2005, 05:41:03 PM »

Rob, very good point. A few days ago, I went to a bunch of chat rooms to "test the waters" and see what the reaction was to GNR and a new album. It was not good. Most people didn't care. There was also some people who liked them back then but said they had moved on to bands that actually make albums. And there was two guys who started bitching about Philly. One of them was at that "show" and said he would never listen to GNR again. That night in chat was a real eye opener. It made me realize that the release of this album is not going to cause a hysteria when its released like Illusions did.

Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2005, 05:46:42 PM »

One of them was at that "show" and said he would never listen to GNR again.

I was at that show and said the same thing when me and my friends were walking out...that didn't even last through the ride home. hihi    But yeah, most people I talk to say the same thing.  GN'R has basically become 1 of two thing to most people...a joke or completely forgotten.  I doubt there are few people besides the diehards like us on this site that even know anything about CD.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2005, 05:57:12 PM »

Well, if just us diehards at these forums are gonna buy it, then Axl will never release it. Just imagine CD selling 4000 copies worldwide in its first week of release, and going downhill from there. Shocked

LimeGreen_Engines
Headliner

« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2005, 06:46:15 PM »

Of course if Chinese Democracy ever were to come out, there would be more people than just die hards that would buy it. But make no mistake it wouldn't set the world on fire or anything like that.

But as things stand now the world outside of this message board bubble couldn't give two shits about an Axl Rose album. Like Rob said, the only thing that would create large scale interest would be a reunion of the classic line up, but that's not happening.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 07:07:38 PM by LimeGreen_Engines » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: