Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:41:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227926 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why would Paul Huge Tobias (whatever) leave?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why would Paul Huge Tobias (whatever) leave?  (Read 6171 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« on: August 10, 2005, 10:34:47 PM »

Obviously, he realized things weren't going to happen.

Then....Maybe Axl did 2002 just to show Paul what he was missing. And that was that.

Cuz think about it....this guy...Paul Huge....is a nobody. Why would he leave *Guns n Roses? (I put an asterik there b/c that never was the real GnR, its an insult to Slash and the boyz) He was there for what....6, 7, 8 years. AND HE WAS AXL's friend. The guy read between the lines and saw the truth.

Now then.....when do we all see the truth? Or do we still hold on and believe?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 10:49:11 PM »

He did not like touring in huge stadiums.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 11:51:08 PM »

I thought Paul Tobias was just helping out and he never planned on being in the band full time.   He was good friends with Axl but didn't really want to tour or anything.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 12:06:32 AM »

I think he was never considered to be a permanent band member, much less a touring one.
I think he was there just to help Axl start the recording sessions but stayed that long because Axl took that long to even start anything.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 01:02:16 AM »

oooh....i thought he was...like....in the band.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 10:43:01 AM »

Then....Maybe Axl did 2002 just to show Paul what he was missing. And that was that.

Thats quite an expensive way to rub someone's face in it. Even better would have been to put out the album with all of his parts redone by Fortus.
Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 11:14:56 AM »

Cuz think about it....this guy...Paul Huge....is a nobody. Why would he leave *Guns n Roses? (I put an asterik there b/c that never was the real GnR, its an insult to Slash and the boyz) He was there for what....6, 7, 8 years. AND HE WAS AXL's friend. The guy read between the lines and saw the truth.

way to not read too much into something and blow it into something completly stupid ok

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
gnrfan1797
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 11:18:53 AM »

Yeah i think that hes  just a touring member like the keyboard player chris pitman i think.
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 11:20:57 AM »

(I put an asterik there b/c that never was the real GnR, its an insult to Slash and the boyz)

You are obviously paralyzed from the neck up. Good luck putting up some more *asterikses!!? rofl

-PEACE-

PS: By the way, I put an asterisk there because that never was a real character you mentioned there, it's an insult to linguists world-wide... hihi drool
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 11:34:40 AM by Slipdisc » Logged

PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2005, 11:24:48 AM »

The answer to your question, like most GNR* questions, is purely speculation.  However, in Rock In Rio, Axl said if it werent for Paul Tobias, there would be no Guns N' Roses.  Mabey that is why it seems like there is no Guns N' Roses anymore. 

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2005, 12:21:22 PM »

Dizzy Reed is quoted in a May 20th, 2005 interview with Sp1at as follows:

"1) Do you know what happened to Paul Huge?

DR) He was dismissed. "

Though we don't know why, his "leaving" was not volunatry.

I thought I heard there was some tension over the "delay" in releasing "Chinese Democracy", but I can't substantiate that.
GnrPersia
Opening Act

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 02:08:24 PM »

Paul Tobias is a childhood friend of Axl Rose (and has arguably been a part of Guns n' Roses since the beginning, at least in Axl's World. He was thanked in the 'Appetite for Destruction' Credits). He co-wrote "Back Off Bitch" and played rhythm guitar in "Sympathy For The Devil". He officially joined Guns n' Roses in 1994.

You know Paul doesn't need to be famous or whatever, That guy really helped Axl to make a comeback.  He is the man  ok   

Wish my best for you Paul, You rock!  yes
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2005, 03:40:45 PM »

Doing big shows and being on the road for long periods of time is not the ideal life for everyone. Funny thing is that nobody in GNR is living that life at the moment either. 

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2005, 09:33:36 PM »

Ya I think Paul was jsut into help Axl for a few shows and some recording..Mayber Richard wasnt ready by Rock In Ro or something

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2005, 12:54:35 AM »

Cuz think about it....this guy...Paul Huge....is a nobody. Why would he leave *Guns n Roses? (I put an asterik there b/c that never was the real GnR, its an insult to Slash and the boyz) He was there for what....6, 7, 8 years.

If you consider Paul an insult for slash, -- because its your opinion and not slash's -- just imagine what I think about a guy with a bucket in his head, and another stranger in SLASH'S place.... anyway its just my opinion lots of people praise the bucket guy...

@;---,----.--.-,-.-,-.,-------- TPR
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2005, 05:36:02 AM »

Cuz think about it....this guy...Paul Huge....is a nobody. Why would he leave *Guns n Roses? (I put an asterik there b/c that never was the real GnR, its an insult to Slash and the boyz) He was there for what....6, 7, 8 years.

If you consider Paul an insult for slash, -- because its your opinion and not slash's -- just imagine what I think about a guy with a bucket in his head, and another stranger in SLASH'S place.... anyway its just my opinion lots of people praise the bucket guy...

@;---,----.--.-,-.-,-.,-------- TPR

fuck slash, its an insult to guns n roses to have scott weiland singing mr brownstone live in concert.  Thats the fuckin insult.

you guys need to get over the past.  whats done is done and its been that way for a long time now.
rainX
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2005, 12:02:28 PM »

i wouldn't be surprised if richard already had redone all of paul's parts for CD.  Wink
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2005, 03:16:21 PM »

a lot of people say that he sucks.. but a guy that co wrote shadow of your love, back off nitch and oh my god... knows about doin music.. im sure that he is one of the main wirters in the new cd..
Good Luck for you Paul!!!

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2005, 06:25:48 PM »

So what is Paul doing these days, he just disappeared. Has anyone got a clue?

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
MoonMax
Headliner

Moon Travel Free Of Charge!

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2005, 12:23:03 AM »

a lot of people say that he sucks.. but a guy that co wrote shadow of your love, back off nitch and oh my god... knows about doin music.. im sure that he is one of the main wirters in the new cd..
Good Luck for you Paul!!!

Yeah, if he participated in Oh My God and also co-wrote those other songs, that makes him very, very good author, very flexible and the kind of guy that is still developing his musical-imagination.

I didn't hear any of his work, but liked his job on Sympathy.

BTW what happened to Chriss? As far as I remember on the tour he was making most of the job for Dizzy.

Once again - thank You Paul.

Cheers
MoonMax
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: