Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:03:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  ** I watched 2002 MSG again last night - My Statement **
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ** I watched 2002 MSG again last night - My Statement **  (Read 3416 times)
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« on: October 28, 2005, 10:31:49 PM »

I was at the show, it was amazing!!!

Ive watched the DVD, it used to be cool.

BUT I watched it last night, i was up late, it was like 1AM, and i thought it actually, kinda sucked. the band played like robots, axl actually didnt sound too good, he was moving in slow motion, he lookd kinda old, sounded kinda old, moved around like an older man. and thats of course b/c he IS older, i know that.

like Madonna's new autobiography on MTV, she looks like an old lady TRYING to be cool again. guys, i think the magic is over, nothing lasts forever....the ONLY WAY THIS WORKS AGAIN IS IF THE OLD BAND GETS BACK....i think with matt would be fine. but this "NEW" GnR just isn't working, and maybe Axl sees that, thats why no CD???

even bucket's solos, kinda sucked (for GnR) too fast, no real feeling, robin basically is an amatuer (I think axl just took him b/c he was in NIN) he messes up so much and hits errant strings alot. fortus is alright i guess, but its just not working. i feel bad, what a shame!

Axl needs Slash and the boys, its really that simple!!!
badapple81
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 10:37:45 PM »

Can you post this shit in the Dead Horse section please, it's old and boring.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 10:42:55 PM »

Its new GNR or nothing. Years ago I used to wish for a reunion, but its not gonna happen. Maybe in 15 or 20 years under similar circumstances as Pink Floyd for live 8. But dont hold your breath. I would rather have CD instead of a reunion any day of the week.

conny
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 10:48:58 PM »

If you don't want that New York '02 DVD anymore cos you think the band sucks, well just give it to me, seriously.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 11:45:11 PM »

BUT I watched it last night, i was up late, it was like 1AM, and i thought it actually, kinda sucked. the band played like robots, axl actually didnt sound too good, he was moving in slow motion, he lookd kinda old, sounded kinda old, moved around like an older man. and thats of course b/c he IS older, i know that.

like Madonna's new autobiography on MTV, she looks like an old lady TRYING to be cool again. guys, i think the magic is over, nothing lasts forever....the ONLY WAY THIS WORKS AGAIN IS IF THE OLD BAND GETS BACK....i think with matt would be fine. but this "NEW" GnR just isn't working, and maybe Axl sees that, thats why no CD???

even bucket's solos, kinda sucked (for GnR) too fast, no real feeling, robin basically is an amatuer (I think axl just took him b/c he was in NIN) he messes up so much and hits errant strings alot. fortus is alright i guess, but its just not working. i feel bad, what a shame!

People say the same thing when they watch the old band on the toyko DVD/video.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
SkinnyPuppy
Rocker

What, me Worry ?

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 12:10:11 AM »

At the end of the day, we've moved on...Gnr is what it is today, an evolution but on the same token, without turning this thread into a reunion issue, not one single member would complain if the old band got back together. Period.

Good point about the tokyo DVDs too...they sucked arse lol

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, and glory, glory lasts forever. (falco)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2005, 12:12:14 AM »

Seriously. I thought that performance was bloody brilliant, and Id be happy to pay say 20$ for your copy, no jokes Smiley

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2005, 12:15:10 AM »

Dave, for the last time, u gotta stop bringing up that disastrous Tokyo show. It was not typical of GNR's performances during the UYI tour, or even that of AXL - he had some incredible nites on UYI where he spoke his mind out and did the songs with incredible energy. Oh, and those UYI songs that he hated putting out - he did those with incredible ferocity as well!!! beer
Why not I tell the GNR fans to look for the Saratoga show in 1991, or Indiana 1991, or San Diego 1992, or Paris 1992, or New Haven 1993 or Buenos Aires 1993 (the last show, and arguably their best)?!?!!??!?! There, I've mentioned 6 shows that fans can get on bootleg DVD that will more than erase the bad taste of Tokyo - it will show that GNR had some of their finest moments on stage until the very end of UYI, unlike the CD tour, which ended abruptly.
Tokyo was a mistake to put out on DVD, lets just leave it at that.

I agree with the poster, who based on his name seems to be a huge Axl fan like myself and you. I'd like to add that I don;t see how any of nu-GNR's performances could live up to any of the shows on bootleg from the UYI-GNR that I mentioned.

I don;t recall Axl speaking his mind out with the same intensity and doing the songs in the same intensity he did them when he was 30 years old. Just get the bootlegs and lets discuss those and put nu-GNR on the shelf for the time being.
 love
MNR

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 12:42:16 AM »

Give Axl credit in 2002 for trying to re invent the GNR image.  Even though they looked like they were in Halloween customes on stage, they also performed pretty well.  As for Robin screwing up some parts, basically their not his songs, therefore he isn't going to play them perfect.  Hopefully he has mastered the Chinese Democracy songs, and Im sure we all expect that he'll play those perfect. 

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2005, 12:54:26 AM »

Dave, for the last time, u gotta stop bringing up that disastrous Tokyo show. It was not typical of GNR's performances during the UYI tour, or even that of AXL - he had some incredible nites on UYI where he spoke his mind out and did the songs with incredible energy. Oh, and those UYI songs that he hated putting out - he did those with incredible ferocity as well!!! beer
Why not I tell the GNR fans to look for the Saratoga show in 1991, or Indiana 1991, or San Diego 1992, or Paris 1992, or New Haven 1993 or Buenos Aires 1993 (the last show, and arguably their best)?!?!!??!?! There, I've mentioned 6 shows that fans can get on bootleg DVD that will more than erase the bad taste of Tokyo - it will show that GNR had some of their finest moments on stage until the very end of UYI, unlike the CD tour, which ended abruptly.
Tokyo was a mistake to put out on DVD, lets just leave it at that.

I agree with the poster, who based on his name seems to be a huge Axl fan like myself and you. I'd like to add that I don;t see how any of nu-GNR's performances could live up to any of the shows on bootleg from the UYI-GNR that I mentioned.

I don;t recall Axl speaking his mind out with the same intensity and doing the songs in the same intensity he did them when he was 30 years old. Just get the bootlegs and lets discuss those and put nu-GNR on the shelf for the time being.
 love
MNR
Great post MNR.  ok

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2005, 02:59:00 AM »

I think musically they rocked. They really did their job, exept for one guy (he is gone). but I kinda agree with the 1st post, it's true they were "cold" as a band. That's what I've always said. You can't buy chemistry with a bucket of money. That's why the old band was so great. Axl-Slash were like page-Plant or Jagger-Richards, they were born to make music together, that was magic. Plus, it's true the new GN'R looked terrible, not all of them of course (Richard could have been in the old band easily, same for Tommy), but Buckethead, Robin and Axl (yeah Axl) did absolutely not look as if they were part of the same band. There was no cohesion. Buckethead was a robot, Finck a Marylin Manson goth wanabee and Axl a braided surfer-rapper...or... call it whatever you want but... that was not the real Axl for me. Not the guy who used to be my hero in the early 90's when I was a teenager.The man can do better. He was better at Rio 3. He was AMAZING at Las Vegas 01/02 New year's eve...but he wasn't the same person during the 02 Tour.

I'd like to see? "Axl the Rockstar" again. I don't say he should jump off stage again like back in the days or anything like that, but just re-becoming HIMSELF. Aging is not a problem, Bono is older than Axl but U2 still sell out stadiums in a second all over the world. 42 or 43 years old is not "old". It's middle-aged. VR are in their early 40's too, but they have as much energy onstage as in their 20's with GN'R. I've never seen Duff as great as today.? Duff blew me away when I saw Velvet Revolver.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 03:05:40 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2005, 04:51:45 AM »

I wathced the DVD again a few days ago, And to me its a very good performance, You have to remember that it was a NEW Band, who hadnt really all played together in front off 10,000 people.
 Im sure every band that has ever started out had early gigs that suked worse than cheap whore!

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2005, 05:09:58 AM »

I wathced the DVD again a few days ago, And to me its a very good performance, You have to remember that it was a NEW Band, who hadnt really all played together in front off 10,000 people.
 Im sure every band that has ever started out had early gigs that suked worse than cheap whore!

Yeh true it was a very good gig! When I saw them at Leeds and London Docklands in 02 musically I thought they were fucking wicked! They have played to very big audiences though dude! RIO 01 I think thats about 80,000 and Leeds Festival in 02 was about 50,000!

Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2005, 05:27:55 AM »

New GNR doesnt exist! There is no basis as to how to compare (zero material), the gig was ok but cant even hold a candle to a regular gig of real GNR. Please dont be blind!
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2005, 05:39:47 AM »

New GNR doesnt exist! There is no basis as to how to compare (zero material), the gig was ok but cant even hold a candle to a regular gig of real GNR. Please dont be blind!

What the fuck are you talking about? Why bother posting that shit! Of course the band exsists! I think the new band played fucking brilliantly together. (I must admit I was not too upset to see Buckethead go but thats just my opinion!) I loved going to watch the old band in the late eighties and early nineties and I also loved going to see the new band in England in 02! Oh sorry did I imagine those two gigs in 02 Walapino if the new band does not exsist or did I imagine them playing at the VMA's? Maybe that was Richard Branson dressing up as Axl again! Also we are very close to getting the new album now so who worked on that if there is no new band?

God that was one of the more stupid posts I have read on this board! Mike

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2005, 06:45:19 AM »

*snoring*  Check out the frustration thread in the Dead Horse section, you'll be able to whine all you want.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: