Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:42:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl throwing tantrums with Tracii Guns
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl throwing tantrums with Tracii Guns  (Read 14259 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2005, 10:13:54 PM »

Axl was once a great rock star. Keyword: was. Fame and money took its toll and he went the opposite of the Cobain route. 2 rock stars, 2 different reactions.
But ONE HUGE (!!) difference!    Axl never had Courtney to hire someone to shoot him,  so that she could inherit all his money in case he decides to divorce her,  which he did.

*Police megaphone voice* Sir put down the crazy pills and slowly back away from the vehicle.

gnrevolution.com
RichardNixon
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2005, 12:13:21 AM »

Axl was once a great rock star. Keyword: was. Fame and money took its toll and he went the opposite of the Cobain route. 2 rock stars, 2 different reactions.

And if Axl had died in '92, he'd have the same status as Cobain has now. If Cobain hadn't died in '94, who knows? Maybe he'd be selling 300,000 in 2005 albums like Pearl Jam.
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2005, 12:21:23 AM »

its pretty incredible.....a pre-teen Axl getting pissed over things....just proves again how "real" this celebrity/star/rock icon really is. he's really the last true real rock star.

anyone know anything about the felt forum show in 88, in nyc?
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2005, 12:23:30 AM »

I was at that show, fuckin great! ok

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2005, 10:24:49 AM »

And if Axl had died in '92, he'd have the same status as Cobain has now. If Cobain hadn't died in '94, who knows? Maybe he'd be selling 300,000 in 2005 albums like Pearl Jam.

if axl had died shortly after the illusions came out he would have been known as a legend like joplin or hendrix..  Everyone would sit aroiund saying how gnr would have been the biggest rock band ever and so on.. Who would have thought 14 years later there would still be nothing but some rumors and some new group
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2005, 12:11:13 PM »

its not only a shame, but quit disgusting, what has happened to the gnr name.

if axl doesn't want to do this anymore, thats cool,its his life obviously.....but he's kinda dragged this thing out, and in doing so, is hurting the legitimacy of the GnR brand. its become a joke to most people, except us.

on a side note, i dont really like Robin's intro to Paradise City. i do, however, really enjoy listening to, and playing, his intro from sweet child. but what was he thinking for the intro to PC???
jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2005, 02:40:11 PM »

if axl had died shortly after the illusions came out he would have been known as a legend like joplin or hendrix..? Everyone would sit aroiund saying how gnr would have been the biggest rock band ever and so on.. Who would have thought 14 years later there would still be nothing but some rumors and some new group

I agree, he should shot himself in the head back in the early 90's, at least people would still have a positive impression of him and GnR instead of the laughingstock he's turned the name into
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2005, 07:06:19 PM »

He hasn't really turned it into a laughingstock....he just hasn't turned it into anything. Which is sad.

Maybe one day we'll hear the album and we'll see what's what.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2005, 07:44:26 PM »

Everyone would sit aroiund saying how gnr would have been the biggest rock band ever and so on.. Who would have thought 14 years later there would still be nothing but some rumors and some new group
people still say that...and better yet, they all have their heads on them

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2005, 08:08:16 PM »

I don't think Axl was ever destined to be the "voice of a generation" by any means, dead or alive.

Wrong place, wrong time...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2005, 08:19:04 PM »

Voice of a Generation or not...Axl has made an impact on millions of people, and generations

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2005, 08:43:36 PM »

I don't think Axl was ever destined to be the "voice of a generation" by any means, dead or alive.

Wrong place, wrong time...

What, if any, would have been the right place and time?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2005, 09:50:03 PM »

I think if AXL would've died a few years ago he would be so overrated and I prefer him alive right now than dead living in dreams.  peace
I think that Axl is alive for the best for everyone of us even if his music doesn't trascend to the new generation I know it will be a great part of my life and music history.

No man can be my equal
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2005, 12:17:37 AM »

I think that Axl is alive for the best for everyone of us even if his music doesn't trascend to the new generation I know it will be a great part of my life and music history.
dont let the whole nirvana/grunge thing fool you...just look at the GH sales and even the old album sales and that will tell you all you need to know about GNR/Axl transcending and impacting newer generations

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2005, 01:44:09 AM »

Great question.

I'm not sure if there was a time when Axl/GNR could have forged that legacy considering the scene he/GNR emerged from and how the wild success manifested itself into overblown excess. 
When things become so big as they did with GNR, it gets hard to comprehend.  Things became larger than life and kids looked for something else they could grab a hold of, something more relateable to their everyday lives.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
RichardNixon
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2005, 02:42:17 AM »

Great question.

I'm not sure if there was a time when Axl/GNR could have forged that legacy considering the scene he/GNR emerged from and how the wild success manifested itself into overblown excess.?
When things become so big as they did with GNR, it gets hard to comprehend.? Things became larger than life and kids looked for something else they could grab a hold of, something more relateable to their everyday lives.

I agree. But at the same time people miss overblown pomp and rock stat excess. Besides Manson, there really hasn't been a great "rock star" (not anti-rock star) since Manson, and as much as I like him, he's no Axl.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2005, 09:53:43 AM »

to bad the last though will be of axl getting  a whole new band and tanking at the vmas... The best memory would have been if sftd was the last song under the gnr name.. They would have been from 1985 to say 1994 and it would had been some positive memories.. great bands break up and their music lasts.. No one expected gnr to last forever, sometimes I am amazed they got passed a few years.

It would be  a shame if you have a newer gnr with members that have been there since the late 90's to never have really done anything with the band... Sure there has been lots of things done behind the scenes but who will ever remember them except the die hards who checked sites or interviewed new members at their seperate gigs...
RichardNixon
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2005, 10:52:49 AM »

to bad the last though will be of axl getting? a whole new band and tanking at the vmas... The best memory would have been if sftd was the last song under the gnr name.. They would have been from 1985 to say 1994 and it would had been some positive memories.. great bands break up and their music lasts.. No one expected gnr to last forever, sometimes I am amazed they got passed a few years.

It would be? a shame if you have a newer gnr with members that have been there since the late 90's to never have really done anything with the band... Sure there has been lots of things done behind the scenes but who will ever remember them except the die hards who checked sites or interviewed new members at their seperate gigs...

They hardly "tanked" at the VMAs. Tanking would be getting booed off the stage.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2005, 11:06:47 AM »

I'm not sure if there was a time when Axl/GNR could have forged that legacy considering the scene he/GNR emerged from and how the wild success manifested itself into overblown excess.?
When things become so big as they did with GNR, it gets hard to comprehend.? Things became larger than life and kids looked for something else they could grab a hold of, something more relateable to their everyday lives.
your talking as if GNr dont have some kind of legacy or didnt stamp themselves into rnr history. Watch that VH1 show "when metal ruled the world". They talk about the 80s hair metal scene and how overblown it got and then "out of nowhere comes this little band, guns n roses, and all bets are off". Gnr were different. They started a new trend a new look a new image. It last them until 92. In that time they sold millions and millions of albums. Released a double album. Set records. And in that short period of time they carved themselves out to be one of the GREATEST rnr bands that we will ever see. Did it get overblown at the end. Of course. But the band was young. They didnt get any chances to redeem themselves like many bands do. Instead of blowing their heads off they burnt out. And honestly there is a bigger mystique about Axl and what hes doing than WHat would Cobain be doing right now.

to bad the last though will be of axl getting? a whole new band and tanking at the vmas
How did it bomb? You might not have liked how they performed and some people might not have liked how Axl looked but that doesnt mean they tanked. Listen to the crowd after the performance. They werent silent or booing. They were cheering.

They would have been from 1985 to say 1994 and it would had been some positive memories.. great bands break up and their music lasts.. No one expected gnr to last forever, sometimes I am amazed they got passed a few years.
I honestly love when I read this. If the GNr name is tarnished and no1 has positive memories of old gnr, how come the gh and old albums are still selling by the truckload? I know, I know, all the hs kids want the album to match the trendy shirts. If the name is tarnished why would promoters throw unimaginable amounts of monet for the old band to return? Why would promotors wanna book GNr to RIR every time?

Maybe in America GNR arent as appreciated as you would like but around the world, gnr are still top noth. Here we have bootleg djs trying to be funny. Axl is an easy target. But you know what...

He might have went to far in the 90;s with the shoes,tours,fur coats and all that....but where is the rockstar today? Where has he been since he left? Thats what RNR is all about. Being crazy, extreme doing WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT....WHETherR PEOPEL THINK ITS COOL OR NOT, WHETHER KIDS THINK ITS COOL OR NOT. O yea and they had the music to back it up
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 11:09:02 AM by younggunner » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2005, 11:48:07 AM »

to bad the last though will be of axl getting? a whole new band and tanking at the vmas... The best memory would have been if sftd was the last song under the gnr name.. They would have been from 1985 to say 1994 and it would had been some positive memories.. great bands break up and their music lasts.. No one expected gnr to last forever, sometimes I am amazed they got passed a few years.

It would be? a shame if you have a newer gnr with members that have been there since the late 90's to never have really done anything with the band... Sure there has been lots of things done behind the scenes but who will ever remember them except the die hards who checked sites or interviewed new members at their seperate gigs...

They hardly "tanked" at the VMAs. Tanking would be getting booed off the stage.
-

I meant how axl sounded then how later on the talk of the vmas was more about axl's looks rather then about music...

I honestly love when I read this. If the GNr name is tarnished and no1 has positive memories of old gnr, how come the gh and old albums are still selling by the truckload?

whoever said the gnr name was tarnished, I said how the last memories of gnr at least for me is of the vmas. I should have said the more die hards..
Of course the gnr name isn't tarnished do to the new band, no one knows the new band.. They sell good because gnr are now rock icons, classic rock will always live on.. afd is one of the best rock albums ever..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: