Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:28:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  VMA issues?!?!?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VMA issues?!?!?  (Read 7170 times)
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2006, 01:39:53 AM »

^ I understand what your trying to say here... but Axl was trying to prove the new band.. why not play the new stuff? All those songs (cept maybe the 2nd one) are totally kick ass. It just blows me away that Axl came back and played like only AFD songs during '01 and '02. Maybe 1 old song and 2 new songs would have been better. Who knows?

Your right in saying that if Axl had followed through this wouldn't be a big deal (what he played at the VMAs) but since he didn't.. and we have nothing to talk about.. haha. You get the point.

then again why introduce three newer songs or completly new songs if you weren't going to do anything more then a very short tour and not release the album.. FOr me personally it was great to hear the two classic gnr tunes everyone knows being it was a comeback.. The crowd was so excited because they knew the tunes as was I... Everyone feels different.... I was still trying to take them in as gnr ..

lol. why would you play any songs when you weren't going to do anything more then a very short tour and not release the album..? I think thats a dumb question. Im pretty sure that wasnt in Axls "plan." but, if he had followed through Oh My God, Chinese Democracy, and Maddy would have been perfect songs... even more so than WTTJ, Maddy, and PC... imagine the whole stage dark during the synth intro to omg... and everybody like "what the fuck?" and suddenly that quick fucking jump into the song with like pryotechnics... axls fuckin energy...  the buckethead solo (which TOTALLY kicks ass.)... and the rest of the band just throwing themselfs out there would have been KICK ASS. Chinese Democracy would have been "the album title track".. and a nice chill out from the fast song that omg was.. and then maddy would have been the last track. perfect closer.

The vmas was Axls perfect chance to show off the new band/new material and he blew it by playing 2 songs from 1987. I dont care how much I love the old shit, and how fucking classic it is. It was Axls time to let go.

in the end it doesnt matter. axl could have played anything.. and as long as the album came through, by fucking 2006 I seriously doubt anyone would be having a discussion about the 2002 VMAs...

gnrevolution.com
t800 series
Banned
Opening Act

GnrReincarnated.tk

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2006, 09:53:10 AM »

Chinese Democracy = As soon as Axl finished Oh My God they shoulda busted out into this song.. Axl could have said something like "this is chinese democracy"...

...... or maybe he can say something like HOORRRIUUKIIINNN!! drool

WWW.Gnrreincarnated.tk
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2006, 08:05:27 PM »

Chinese Democracy = As soon as Axl finished Oh My God they shoulda busted out into this song.. Axl could have said something like "this is chinese democracy"...

...... or maybe he can say something like HOORRRIUUKIIINNN!! drool

hahaha. axl could fit into that game eh?

gnrevolution.com
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2006, 12:08:40 AM »

^ I understand what your trying to say here... but Axl was trying to prove the new band.. why not play the new stuff? All those songs (cept maybe the 2nd one) are totally kick ass. It just blows me away that Axl came back and played like only AFD songs during '01 and '02. Maybe 1 old song and 2 new songs would have been better. Who knows?

Your right in saying that if Axl had followed through this wouldn't be a big deal (what he played at the VMAs) but since he didn't.. and we have nothing to talk about.. haha. You get the point.

then again why introduce three newer songs or completly new songs if you weren't going to do anything more then a very short tour and not release the album.. FOr me personally it was great to hear the two classic gnr tunes everyone knows being it was a comeback.. The crowd was so excited because they knew the tunes as was I... Everyone feels different.... I was still trying to take them in as gnr ..
Mike, you have a point. But surely Axl didn't plan on a tour derailment and more album delays. But if it was designed to be a nostalgic experience, then he was correct in playing classics. But if Axl really has a desire to move GNR forward, its time for him to do what he always wanted to do:Bury AFD. I'm not saying he should or can top it, but he needs to allow it to remain in the past, at least for awhile.  I have no desire to see Axl/GNR become a third rate version of the Stones and be required to play their most famous song whether theyre playing a full concert or a 5 minute Superbowl/VMA performance. Everytime you see the Stones, theyre always playing Start Me Up. Jungle has become GNR's Start me Up. I've said it before, but Axl needs to take a page from John Fogerty's book and let the past languish in the past. ok

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2006, 12:26:09 AM »

Everytime you see the Stones, theyre always playing Start Me Up. Jungle has become GNR's Start me Up. I've said it before, but Axl needs to take a page from John Fogerty's book and let the past languish in the past

I think the rest of the band wants to let the past languish in the past sort of speak as well. They've been sitting on this material they've been recording for eons, so when Axl finally blows the whistle, I think they want to lavish in playing the new big guns and not shit from almost 2 decades ago Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2006, 02:15:01 PM »

I'm sure the initial idea immediately following the VMA's was to tour a bit and realease the album. But, much like everything else in Axl's world, things are subject to frequent change depending on his mood. For all any of us know his whole 'I don't know if soon is the word...' speech post performance was a spur of the moment thing when he realized how badly the 'return of GnR' had just gone.

Like it or not, that performance was not the way to ring in the new GnR. Sorry. It's quite possible Axl felt the same way and being the somewhat emotional guy he is he had a sudden change of heart between leaving the stage and talking to Kurt Loder.

Anything is possible in the world of GnR.
badapple81
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2006, 06:52:54 PM »

The VMA's wasn't perfect, but on the contrary.. I just MSG, NY DVD from 02 out. Listen to Welcome To The Jungle and Out Ta Get Me! Fucking insane! Axl sounds mean and fucking brilliant!
avesia
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2006, 06:58:24 PM »

Have you noticed that everything about Guns is just frustrating? Nothing goes as it should, we try hard to find excuses for the sake of our hopes that GNR will finally be what they used to be in the old days. But in actual fact, all that we are left with is a bad taste...and I'm afraid it will never fade away... Sad
badapple81
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2006, 06:59:55 PM »

I think you'll find a lot of it will fade away with an album  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: